Swope wouldnt mind reunion with Tanny.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Swope wouldnt mind reunion with Tanny..

i honestly doubt its gonna happen. we already have bess

I would not mind grabbing this guy with out 4th rounder. Chemistry is HUGE between WR and QB and clearly these two guys have it.

As the president of the FH Ryan Swope fan club I really hope this happens. Swope is smart, a great route runner, a good catcher of the ball and is a tough son of a b*****. Swope can even block which is always a nice feature in a WR. He could be productive from week one and would make players. A great mid round pick for whoever picks him up.

Our QB's best friend and already knows the system. It just makes sense. Draft Woods and Swope and we will be well on the way to an amazing draft :up:

I like Swope and would love to have him play the slot for us. I think he is a very low risk pick with a very good value in the 3rd round and a steal in the 4th. But, I think he's the last part of the equation. By that I mean, first we need to sort out our FA and marquee rookie. One of those two needs to be a deep threat. If it's Wallace and Patterson, then by all means, grab Swope in the 3rd. If it's Jennings and Wheaton, then we might need to draft 1 more speed guy because we'd be too reliant on a small and possibly frail deep threat in Wheaton and already invested in a marquee slot guy in Jennings. Regardless, if Swope is there in the 4th, you take him, because he's going to offer a lot.

I used to consider myself a Davone Bess guy, because he has quickness and route running to create separation and has good hands. But, he is still a very very small WR who really can only play the slot, has no deep speed and not a real game breaker in any sense of the word. He is a possession receiver that requires a great throw by the QB to be effective. I don't mean to downplay his ability, because I've always liked our little UDFA. But, when I hear Mike Mayock say things like "who is the best slot guy these days .... someone like Davone Bess maybe?" and see so many posters who think Bess is a top 5 slot guy, it boggles my mind. Just so we're on the same page, it's guys like Greg Jennings, Victor Cruz, Wes Welker, Randall Cobb, and Percy Harvin that would be my top 5 at the position, and all of those guys have game-breaking speed, are deep threats, generate fantastic RAC and do or will command top dollar in the FA market. Davone Bess is lucky to be paid like he already is, and wouldn't generate anywhere near the interest in FA as the top slot guys.

Swope would be an improvement over Bess. Swope probably doesn't have quite as good hands as Bess, but is as good of a route runner, much faster, is a bigger target, younger player, can get deep on nickel backs, and has open field running ability. He is also less injury prone (more muscle mass) and would cost a LOT less because of his low round rookie salary.

People who want Swope should understand that grabbing Swope most likely makes Bess expendable.

One other thing. Ben Volin aquitted himself very well on the NFL Network today noting our FA situation and Draft fits. He was astute, insightful and engaging. Well done Ben.

He mentioned we want to retain Bush but see Miller as the starter now. At #12 he mentioned Cordarrelle Patterson as the WR that made sense and repeatedly mentioned how we need to surround Tannehill with playmakers. Other options he mentioned included TE's Ertz and Eifert or a LT should Jake Long not re-sign. He noted the potential for a pass rusher but didn't give any specifics. At CB he talked about Milliner, Banks and Rhodes but didn't seem to suggest that was our primary point of interest. Offensive playmakers was our main focus.

In round 3 or 4, I'd be down. I did not know he was that big honestly

Draft him with 3B, no brainer in 4th. It wouldnt hurt if this FOnhad a lintel foresight for once. Bess contractual is up what, at the ene of next year? Viola! His replacement is swopes, and he Will already have a year under his belt when we bess leaves, not to mentirón what he already has with tanne from AnM.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Sorry for typos. Using ipad with spanish spell check...

If we lose Hartline, sure why not!

Lord knows Tannehill won't have the "chemistry" he needs at WR without...

peterberggreatwhitehype300-1.jpg

Swope gives you a 4 year rookie contract...minimum for a 4th rounder...saves cap space. What's not to like...he's Wes Welker Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom