T.J. Yates' Pro Day | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.J. Yates' Pro Day

Took arguably the best defense in the league and two Hall of Famers to finally make him look like a rookie. Have to tip your hat to the Ravens. Ed Reed baited Yates several times. There are only 5 rookie QBs to have a playoff win in the Super Bowl era. There are even fewer that have 2 playoff wins.

Nonetheless he went further than Andy Dalton and I think he had the 2nd best rookie year of all the rookie QBs this year.

The Texans didn't go far enough to think about trading Schaub in 2012. But they'll be thinking about it in 2013, you can be assured of that.

Even in the Bengals game he made some terrible throws. Again, that running game and defense is helping the Texans more than Yates is.

I definately wouldn't go as far to say he was the 2nd best rookie QB so far.

Newton and Dalton seem to have those on lock. Locker looked pretty good in limited action as well.

I'm not a huge fan of Ponder, but I think he'd look pretty good in Houston with how much they'd protect him with their run game and defense.

Yates looks very much like a capable backup. I think Houston just found their backup to Schaub for the next 3-5 years. I'd say that was a great find by you CK, but I don't think anyone in Houston is thinking of trading away Schaub.

Back
Top Bottom