T.J. Yates' Pro Day | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.J. Yates' Pro Day

If average involves a 98 quarterback rating in the playoffs as a rookie, I'll take average any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

LOL!! Calm down, bro. He completed 55% (11 completions) of his passes for 150 yards. Granted, he didn't throw a pick, but that's because the Cinci D morphed into the 2010 Dolphins when their DB's couldn't catch a cold. The Texans won because they ran the ball well and played great defense. Yates' claim to fame wasn't a "98 QBR" but that some of his horrible passes weren't intercepted and the Texans OC made sure NOT to put the game in his hands. :chuckle:

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

i give ck credit for finding the kid and for being in his court but lets be honest...the texans are crazy if they trade matt schaub off what they saw from yates...and i'm not even a guy in schaubs camp as a franchise qb

Schaub is 1000X's better than Yates.

Yates looks pretty nice out there, but lets not get carried away. He threw a good deep ball to Johnson after Johnson destroyed Joseph(not sure if right CB) on that double move, selling it perfectly when he sunk his hips on that first move and exploded out. Yates only had to put it there. He had a terrible pass down the field when he had Johnson splitting the safeties and it should have been picked off.

He's a rookie and I like him. But lets be honest, if he was on Miami right now, he would be staring at 2-14 with him starting maybe 3-13. He needs that dominant running game he has in in HOU.

Yates looks pretty nice out there, but lets not get carried away. He threw a good deep ball to Johnson after Johnson destroyed Joseph(not sure if right CB) on that double move, selling it perfectly when he sunk his hips on that first move and exploded out. Yates only had to put it there. He had a terrible pass down the field when he had Johnson splitting the safeties and it should have been picked off.

He's a rookie and I like him. But lets be honest, if he was on Miami right now, he would be staring at 2-14 with him starting maybe 3-13. He needs that dominant running game he has in in HOU.

Yep.

Although, maybe CK was correct in saying that we should have drafted Yates last draft.

If we had, we'd have a shot at Luck this draft. :chuckle:

there might be some on this board who will let this go unnoticed ck bu i'm not one of them...yates today threw 3 picks and it should have been 5...like i said i smelled a big game from ed reed in this one...he just dropped 2 picks he should have had

and its time to give that they might trade schaub stuff a rest

Took arguably the best defense in the league and two Hall of Famers to finally make him look like a rookie. Have to tip your hat to the Ravens. Ed Reed baited Yates several times. There are only 5 rookie QBs to have a playoff win in the Super Bowl era. There are even fewer that have 2 playoff wins.

Nonetheless he went further than Andy Dalton and I think he had the 2nd best rookie year of all the rookie QBs this year.

The Texans didn't go far enough to think about trading Schaub in 2012. But they'll be thinking about it in 2013, you can be assured of that.

andy dalton imo was way overrated all season...that said yates had too much eyes for andre johnson and ed reed baited him...if schaub has another year where he can't stay healthy the texans should be looking at moving him...

and i don't know if you picked up on it or not but ray lewis if anythings not inside the tackles looks SLOW

I saw Ray Lewis surprisingly misfire a lot in stopping the run. But that run game and the way Arian Foster picks his creases can be extremely hard to defend at times. I saw one play where Ray got out to the perimeter just fine. Yates had beaten the pressure and rolled out on a 3rd & 7 in the red zone, and it looked at first like he should have run for the 1st down but on the wider angle, Ray Lewis had been back in coverage and saw Yates scramble out, and ran from opposite hash all the way to the sideline and was bearing down on Yates so hard there's no way he would have made the 1st down even if he'd decisively started to run right from the beginning of the scramble. Showed some legs for an old man.

This Patriots game is going to be better than people think. The Patriots offense is NOT built on speed. They don't have enough speed, as a matter of fact. The Patriots offense is built on matchups and being smarter than their opponent. But the Ravens defense is full of versatile players that are extremely, extremely smart. So that's going to be an excellent match. And the Patriots won't be able to get one guy to lock down Torrey Smith the way Jonathan Joseph did, which was a brilliant call by Wade Phillips. That could open the Ravens offense up to have a lot more success against a leaky Patriots defense.

This final four is full of defenses, not today's "new age" offenses. The Packers got ousted. The Saints got ousted. All that remains is the Patriots offense and you can at least partially attribute that to having a really week opponent.

It's an interesting counter-wave to the wave of quarterback superiority and new age offense.

i think this weekends games are both gonna be great...i saw foster turn the corner on some things that a few years ago would never happen with ray lewis...definitely looks like he's slowing down to me

there might be some on this board who will let this go unnoticed ck bu i'm not one of them...yates today threw 3 picks and it should have been 5...like i said i smelled a big game from ed reed in this one...he just dropped 2 picks he should have had

and its time to give that they might trade schaub stuff a rest

Yates sucks and if they choose him over Schaub they will regret it.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

I saw Ray Lewis surprisingly misfire a lot in stopping the run. But that run game and the way Arian Foster picks his creases can be extremely hard to defend at times. I saw one play where Ray got out to the perimeter just fine. Yates had beaten the pressure and rolled out on a 3rd & 7 in the red zone, and it looked at first like he should have run for the 1st down but on the wider angle, Ray Lewis had been back in coverage and saw Yates scramble out, and ran from opposite hash all the way to the sideline and was bearing down on Yates so hard there's no way he would have made the 1st down even if he'd decisively started to run right from the beginning of the scramble. Showed some legs for an old man.

This Patriots game is going to be better than people think. The Patriots offense is NOT built on speed. They don't have enough speed, as a matter of fact. The Patriots offense is built on matchups and being smarter than their opponent. But the Ravens defense is full of versatile players that are extremely, extremely smart. So that's going to be an excellent match. And the Patriots won't be able to get one guy to lock down Torrey Smith the way Jonathan Joseph did, which was a brilliant call by Wade Phillips. That could open the Ravens offense up to have a lot more success against a leaky Patriots defense.

This final four is full of defenses, not today's "new age" offenses. The Packers got ousted. The Saints got ousted. All that remains is the Patriots offense and you can at least partially attribute that to having a really week opponent.

It's an interesting counter-wave to the wave of quarterback superiority and new age offense.

Like I've been saying all along. ;)

Back
Top Bottom