Talent , Execution , Or Coaching: Titans v.s. Miami 1 Qtr Film Study

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Oct 12, 2017.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

[​IMG]

http://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolp...n-coaching-titans-v-s-miami-1-qtr-film-study/

3rd N Long likes this.
  2. hoops

hoops exited stage left

I agree with what he says about how Miami began to find some success.

However they need to insert parker in more 2 wr sets to threaten the defense. To date it's been too much Landry who doesn't threaten boundary Dbs and stills who can't block a paper bag.

2 wr sets you need one threat and one dirty work guy.

Should be Landry and dvp or dvp and even could try caroo cause of his physical style. Caroo though doesn't show to be all that smart which I think keeps him off the field.

Stills is more your 3 tight end single wr vertical threat or 3 wide but his blocking like Julius thomas kills us

It doesn't help that cutlers placement sucks which also limits the gains

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    royalshank and ReppinThe941 like this.
  3. ReppinThe941

ReppinThe941 Well-Known Member

Cutler's ball placement has been dreadful.

Its why we have had so many uncharacteristic drops. Ball is coming in at strange angles or late, meaning they are not on the same page and have not developed that familiar chemistry yet.

Better / More Familiar ball placement, More Damien Williams, More Zone Cut Backs, More 2 WR and / or 2 TE sets (Fasano / Gray).

These are my keys this week.

But good heavens, why can't our OT's block anyone?

Tunsil needs to wake his under-performing *** UP!

4. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP

I'm not a native speaker so what does the author mean with "perimeter" in this sentence: "What’s the advantage of every route attacking the perimeter? Is stacking 3 receivers in 7 yards the best idea?"
    My understanding of a perimeter that on a geometric figure like a triangle it's the sum of all lines' lengths. I don't understand the term in this question.

5. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Towards the sidelines. Nothing was in the middle

John Biello and Spiff like this.
  6. PhinsAAA

PhinsAAA Well-Known Member

How many of these are someone running a wrong route? Weve had a season to look at play designs from Gase hes better than some of those shown...

7. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

maybe they can all learn something with one less cokehead on the coaching staff. Still after 2 plus offseasons running the same offense, I really have to wonder how we drafted and signed the dumbest motherfuckers in the afc east.

8. TheWozz

TheWozz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I support Gase, but I would like to make calling the WR screen a crime punishable with 20 lashes...

9. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

I'm starting to wonder if Tunsil has the feet to play LT?

Ozzy rules!!

DKphin likes this.
  10. hoops

hoops exited stage left

It's an over exaggeration by the author frankly. They were just trying to run clear outs and ISO the back for a 3 or 4 yard gain on first down to shorten the sticks out the gate and try and build off something.

We run a lot of clear out ISO stuff that requires balls be placed where the most rac can happen. Otherwise we leave yards on the field on the play. Same for the blocking in space by the tight ends and WRs. That's not what happened on this particular play but these plays are runned with an idea of executed properly they will gain x amount of yards vs whatever the particular coverage is.

It's that specific. Zone gives me x yards man gives me x yards. Or zone I check to another option or man beater I get zone primary changes etc.

11. cafinfan408

cafinfan408 Punching Bag

I believe Tunsil has graded out very well the last 2 weeks..

artdnj and nick1 like this.
  12. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

he has. he was just slow to adjust after playing guard all last year. we stunted his growth

13. BlueUndertow

BlueUndertow Well-Known Member

Lunsil *had* great feet coming out of college. I think playing him at guard last year ****ed him up.

Tunsil draft combine position workouts:

14. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

I sure hope you guys are right and that Tunsil will be a great LT. So far I have not seen that but it is possible that playing guard last year didn't help. It did take Jones 4 weeks for him to have a great game like he used to before his surgery so maybe Tunsil needs time
    Ozzy rules!!

15. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

in my opinion i think tunsil will come around. i hope.

i mean from a physical standpoint it lools like he has all the tools, but he did learn guard last year and nfl players are better than college kids so hopefully ita more of a learning curve kinda thing than him being a bust. Time will tell, but overall he hasnt looked great thia year.

16. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

It's possible Tunsil is not as good everyone thinks he is. We'll have to see how the rest of the year plays out. I don't think he was ruined playing Guard either, that's a lame excuse. Most guys in the league have been sacked 9 times or more through the first 5 games, including Brady who's been sacked 16 times. Carson Palmer and Aaron Rodgers have been sacked 19 times already. Part of the issue is the lack of hitting in training camp which has a huge effect on these offensive lineman.

Like I said, we'll just have to see how the rest of the year plays out.

cullenbigcstill likes this.
  17. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

I think some of tunsils issue is lackbof camp reps and possibly conditioning. He missed lots of camp.

18. Sherif

Sherif Pro Bowler

We've had 134 pass attempts with an abysmal 5.3 per completion on 82 completions and 99 runs 3.2 ypa. Even if the execution is bad, Gase is playing too conservatively on the passes or Cutler is not slinging the ball enough. He's got happy feet in the pocket and if you look at the last play in this write up, he had Stills open and panicked. He's not hanging tough in the pocket at all. Sure he's been "good" at eluding the rush, that's because he bails on the pocket way too soon and it has given him more time to make nothing happen.

19. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan

All good stuff but.. but oh so cliche -- the only stat that matters is points on the board.

IMO it's 100% the fault of (a) coaching and (b) front office. Together they = the product on the field.

We've seen it time and time again -- players are (at least at a certain level) interchangeable. Sure, an all-world stud

is nice to have at any position. But the garbage production we're producing is for the trash can.

I forget the kids name @QB we released towards the end of preseason but for 10-million I'd take him!

20. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

Last two weeks Tunsil has been top 10 maybe top 5 LT in the league. He isn't the problem.

21. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

I think Tunsil is fine. It took him a quarter season to really get going last year. I haven't seen anything from him that tells me he has fundamentally changed.

22. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Tunsil adjusting to LT in essentially his rookie year at LT.....Cutler adjusting to new receivers with very few snaps in preseason....a continued weakness at the guard positions...and poor play calling (admittedly).......and poor execution in some cases....Hurricane Irma and a road trip from hell ( LA, NY & London)..........

It may sound like weak excuses.....but taken in it's entirety I think combined for an awful offensive beginning for this football team.

I expect most of it to get cleaned up and the execution and play calling to improve as the season progresses.

The positive encouraging point is defensive improvement which could spell a nice close to the season if the offense gets it together.

PhinsAAA likes this.
  23. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Not sure where you got that from. Must have just made it up in your head or maybe you're just counting the 4 tackles that played in the Dolphins game, 2 for the Dolphins and 3 for the Titans, that would make him top 5.

You clearly didn't read the article.

24. dolphinlifer

dolphinlifer Banned Hammered

Tunsil is a freak and will be great, don't let a few games of so so play determine your idea of him so early in his career. Everybody says cutlers placement is horrible, its been okay for the most part and bad sometimes, you guys are just used to tannehill's amazing accuracy. Remember, everybody was saying Tannehill was garbage last year through the first 5 and the people with a brain knew it was nonsense because once we developed a run game and the play calling improved he took off. Cutler is playing "terrible" just like Tannehill "was" last year, granted Cutler doesn't care near as much as Tannehill did/does. Its all the qbs fault now like it was last year, when are the excuses for the head coach ever going to stop despite seeing the same nonsense year after year?

How much talent does Gase need to have before its his fault? One of the most talented offenses minus a few positions in the league and he can't do anything with it. Wasn't Tannehill's fault, wasn't Ajayi's fault, isn't Cutlers fault but its most definitely Gase's fault, he can't recognize or use talent. One pass passed 20 yards in 3 games with the best deep threat and slot guy in the league, and a #1 receiver skill wise to throw to? Never uses Grant despite everybody always praising his play making ability, doesn't run Ajayi in clear run situations, even benches him for a rare fumble when he's one of the few people still trying. Gase has the sensibilities of a drunk person but its not the guy in charge's fault, it's that other guy over there, again.

Maybe if you stopped letting the opposing defense play in a little box every game it wouldn't be so hard to come up with the perfect play. This is why I said aggression matters because even Payton who never struggled near this bad and was all x's and o's as well knew aggression mattered. No matter how smart you are you are limiting your chance of succeeding and raising your team's need for perfection by a huge % if you only play in a sandbox while everybody else is using the whole playground.

Who cares if you can cook an extravagant meal if you can't cook steak and potatoes when you're hungry? Nobody.

25. GOfins54

GOfins54 Active Member

Our WRs are not that good. Stills isn't the best anything, Parker is soft and low football iq and Landry is barley above average in almost all aspects of wr