Talent , Execution , Or Coaching: Titans v.s. Miami 1 Qtr Film Study | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talent , Execution , Or Coaching: Titans v.s. Miami 1 Qtr Film Study

It's possible Tunsil is not as good everyone thinks he is. We'll have to see how the rest of the year plays out. I don't think he was ruined playing Guard either, that's a lame excuse. Most guys in the league have been sacked 9 times or more through the first 5 games, including Brady who's been sacked 16 times. Carson Palmer and Aaron Rodgers have been sacked 19 times already. Part of the issue is the lack of hitting in training camp which has a huge effect on these offensive lineman.

Like I said, we'll just have to see how the rest of the year plays out.

I think some of tunsils issue is lackbof camp reps and possibly conditioning. He missed lots of camp.

We've had 134 pass attempts with an abysmal 5.3 per completion on 82 completions and 99 runs 3.2 ypa. Even if the execution is bad, Gase is playing too conservatively on the passes or Cutler is not slinging the ball enough. He's got happy feet in the pocket and if you look at the last play in this write up, he had Stills open and panicked. He's not hanging tough in the pocket at all. Sure he's been "good" at eluding the rush, that's because he bails on the pocket way too soon and it has given him more time to make nothing happen.

All good stuff but.. but oh so cliche -- the only stat that matters is points on the board.

IMO it's 100% the fault of (a) coaching and (b) front office. Together they = the product on the field.

We've seen it time and time again -- players are (at least at a certain level) interchangeable. Sure, an all-world stud

is nice to have at any position. But the garbage production we're producing is for the trash can.

I forget the kids name @QB we released towards the end of preseason but for 10-million I'd take him!

Last two weeks Tunsil has been top 10 maybe top 5 LT in the league. He isn't the problem.

I think Tunsil is fine. It took him a quarter season to really get going last year. I haven't seen anything from him that tells me he has fundamentally changed.

Tunsil adjusting to LT in essentially his rookie year at LT.....Cutler adjusting to new receivers with very few snaps in preseason....a continued weakness at the guard positions...and poor play calling (admittedly).......and poor execution in some cases....Hurricane Irma and a road trip from hell ( LA, NY & London)..........

It may sound like weak excuses.....but taken in it's entirety I think combined for an awful offensive beginning for this football team.

I expect most of it to get cleaned up and the execution and play calling to improve as the season progresses.

The positive encouraging point is defensive improvement which could spell a nice close to the season if the offense gets it together.

Last two weeks Tunsil has been top 10 maybe top 5 LT in the league. He isn't the problem.
Not sure where you got that from. Must have just made it up in your head or maybe you're just counting the 4 tackles that played in the Dolphins game, 2 for the Dolphins and 3 for the Titans, that would make him top 5.

You clearly didn't read the article.

Tunsil is a freak and will be great, don't let a few games of so so play determine your idea of him so early in his career. Everybody says cutlers placement is horrible, its been okay for the most part and bad sometimes, you guys are just used to tannehill's amazing accuracy. Remember, everybody was saying Tannehill was garbage last year through the first 5 and the people with a brain knew it was nonsense because once we developed a run game and the play calling improved he took off. Cutler is playing "terrible" just like Tannehill "was" last year, granted Cutler doesn't care near as much as Tannehill did/does. Its all the qbs fault now like it was last year, when are the excuses for the head coach ever going to stop despite seeing the same nonsense year after year?

How much talent does Gase need to have before its his fault? One of the most talented offenses minus a few positions in the league and he can't do anything with it. Wasn't Tannehill's fault, wasn't Ajayi's fault, isn't Cutlers fault but its most definitely Gase's fault, he can't recognize or use talent. One pass passed 20 yards in 3 games with the best deep threat and slot guy in the league, and a #1 receiver skill wise to throw to? Never uses Grant despite everybody always praising his play making ability, doesn't run Ajayi in clear run situations, even benches him for a rare fumble when he's one of the few people still trying. Gase has the sensibilities of a drunk person but its not the guy in charge's fault, it's that other guy over there, again.

Maybe if you stopped letting the opposing defense play in a little box every game it wouldn't be so hard to come up with the perfect play. This is why I said aggression matters because even Payton who never struggled near this bad and was all x's and o's as well knew aggression mattered. No matter how smart you are you are limiting your chance of succeeding and raising your team's need for perfection by a huge % if you only play in a sandbox while everybody else is using the whole playground.

Who cares if you can cook an extravagant meal if you can't cook steak and potatoes when you're hungry? Nobody.

Our WRs are not that good. Stills isn't the best anything, Parker is soft and low football iq and Landry is barley above average in almost all aspects of wr

Back
Top Bottom