Tannehill 5th Ranked as a "Passer" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill 5th Ranked as a "Passer"

Unless we're discussing golf, I can pretty much look at a 65 and tell it's not special

I don't give a s*** i if we have the worst ranked offense, defense, or special teams a long as we are winning our way to the playoffs!

Originally from an article on the Sen Sentinel site:

'What's interesting (as Alert E-mailer "Larry Larry" pointed out) is that Tannehill ranks fifth when only the passing component of the QBR is figured. Brady, more in keeping with what you might expect, is fourth. In fact, the passing-only filter includes many of the names you'd expect (in order): Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Brady, Tannehill, Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger and Matthew Stafford."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/cwepaPassesCondensed

I brought this up last week

Now look here and see where Tannehill's 65 falls, for a bit of perspective:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/0/type/alltime-season/sort/cwepaPassesCondensed

You do realize that stat is compounded over the weeks right? He had the highest passing EPA last week and is averaging 5.5 points per week. Carry that over for two more weeks and he's closer to 77 for the season which will put him in the top 40 on your all-time list. Not bad for a guy that just started coming into his own.

Tannehill should be better judged by his W-L record and right now he has more "w's" than "L's". Qb stats are misleading like most stats are. They take zero consideration on adjustments by the wideouts and overall skills needed to catch a pass. How many passes are caught because the receiver bailed the qb out?

You do realize that stat is compounded over the weeks right? He had the highest passing EPA last week and is averaging 5.5 points per week. Carry that over for two more weeks and he's closer to 77 for the season which will put him in the top 40 on your all-time list. Not bad for a guy that just started coming into his own.
Check it now.

Of course there was very little play in today's game that could be "clutch-weighted."

Back
Top Bottom