Tannehill Highlights | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Highlights

Tannehill looked veeeeeery good last night. I want him to start, but I think its best that Moore starts week 1. Opening the season in Houston against a top 3 defense might not be the best thing for Tannehill. If Moore sucks it up week 1, then heck with it, let Tannehill start week 2 at home against the raiders.

Tannehill looked veeeeeery good last night. I want him to start, but I think its best that Moore starts week 1. Opening the season in Houston against a top 3 defense might not be the best thing for Tannehill. If Moore sucks it up week 1, then heck with it, let Tannehill start week 2 at home against the raiders.
My bet is that moore will start opening day, halfway through the year RT will be in there. But what I've seen from RT is very exciting. He looks like a real live QB. After all these years of watching Manning and Brady make our QBs look like high schoolers, we may finally have a Qb that teams need to worry about. Oh what wonders it will do for the WRs, not to mention the running game. I think Bush will have a big year, and I also really like the drive from Roberto Wallace. The guy is playing angry, he looks like he might be a handful this year. same with Clay. Damn am I excited. We HAVE to beat Houston week 1 though. We just HAVE to. If they can go into Houston and beat a team we have NEVER beaten, then come home to face Oakland, we have a good start on our hands. Its been awhile it seems. I havent been this amped for a season since we got Ricky and had a top 3 Defense. That should have been a SB year, what a waste. Anyways.... GO PHINS!!

BTW, T-hill's reps in practice going up every day.

Now I look to Devlin. I would love to see some good backup in him.

So far, Devlin is our best RB on paper. If they activate Devlin, he won't be eligible for the PS though. I think they're going to run 3 QBs and try to stash him there.

If Tannehill is who we think he is, he'll have no problem starting against Houston on the road in Week 1.

So far, he continues to meet expectations and almost pass them. Which is exactly what you look for in a 1st round Qb. Kudos to him.

If Tannehill is who we think he is, he'll have no problem starting against Houston on the road in Week 1.

So far, he continues to meet expectations and almost pass them. Which is exactly what you look for in a 1st round Qb. Kudos to him.

5 years later, we may have found our Matty Ice. :brewskis::chuckle:

After watching the clips and starting/stopping at spots I am noticing something here that is rarely talked about. That is the WR's (Clay, Wallace, Pruitt) are clearly running crisp routes and getting the ball with knowledge. What I mean by that is that the O is running as it should under Philbin with Tannehill.

Whether Thill stares down his receivers or not is not really a concern when you get that ball out hitting the open receiver. If you are always hitting the open receiver, you never get picked. Its the read at the LOS and also the WR reads it as well.

Wallace and Pruitt have the concept down quicker than others IMO. When you get Bess in the mix, it gets fun IMO. I am not worried about not haveing a Marshall in this offense. Its the concept and system of the O from the QB working with the WR in sync that makes the offense go.

I liked what I saw. I don't know the stats, but I just remember watching some of the game and saying "Wow, nice throws". We'll see...it's early. Everyone had a hard on for Sanchez his first preseason game I remember.

I'm very pleased with what I saw from him. Great athleticism as advertised. The game didn't at all seem too big for him and he appears to have more potential than any we've seen in a long time. Downside was his inexperience shows in a couple of places. He stares down his receivers on every route. He'll learn if he gets the reps. I would say for his first preseason game an A+, on to the 2nd. If he keeps progressing throughout the preseason I would say start him, we have no future with any of these other guys.

Agreed. The good we saw was his ability to consistently throw in the window. He hit Wallace a couple of times in tight windows, one to Pruitt, another to Clay for the TD, and a back shoulder timed well and placed well to Pruitt. That's a lot to see done well for a first preseason game. Add the comment by Philbin how he audibled out of a play that wasa going to be a loser and turned it into a positive gain, and we've definitely seen good things upon which to build. Quick release, solid arm, accuracy .... good stuff all around.

The flipside, as you so eloquently pointed out, is that his collegiate flaw of staring down receivers doesn't appear to have gone away just yet. In a real game, that will surely lead to interceptions, so that's going to be a big lesson for him to learn. How his confidence fares through that process will be key IMHO. Additionally, he hasn't seen much pressure yet, so that will complicate things as well. Until he shows he can deliver the ball with consistent accuracy to someone who is NOT his primary receiver, I'm not going to be calling for him to start. But, this was a very good building block. Let's cross our fingers his growth continues.

that quick release reminds me of a QB who used to wear a dolphins jersey

I love Tanny's poise, delivery, and athleticism

Please, Philbin, please start Tanny week 1

Back
Top Bottom