Tannehill ranked as 8th best QB out of 38. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill ranked as 8th best QB out of 38.

I was surprised to see they had Tannehill ranked higher overall than Roethlisberger, Wilson, Carr and Ryan.

I also don't see how they graded Drake as the worst receiver among running backs. Seems hard to judge him on only 10 targets and he did catch 9 of those.

I was surprised to see they had Tannehill ranked higher overall than Roethlisberger, Wilson, Carr and Ryan.

I also don't see how they graded Drake as the worst receiver among running backs. Seems hard to judge him on only 10 targets and he did catch 9 of those.
Defintely some questionable things

Best Under Pressure/Run Threat: Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers

Had me up until that point. What keeps people from seeing Rivers is hot trash when pressured, he basically takes the Brett Favre "let me just sling it here and hope for the best" mindset & more often then not, it's a bad choice. Something is keeping the media and some fans from seeing his nature.. is it his bolo ties?!

Rivers climbs the pocket vs immediate wide pressure about as well as you can. He also has a feel for space in a muddy pocket

Usually I say "Meh Bleacher Report" but in this case I will give the writer props, a lot went into that write-up and like others have posted, some I agree with some and some I don't but that is the purpose of the write-up to fosteer discussion.

It's funny I think the writer has Landary ranked exactly where I had him ranked.

Its based on the 2016 season and Tannehill was more consistent than Big Ben, Wilson, and Carr.

Had me up until that point. What keeps people from seeing Rivers is hot trash when pressured, he basically takes the Brett Favre "let me just sling it here and hope for the best" mindset & more often then not, it's a bad choice. Something is keeping the media and some fans from seeing his nature.. is it his bolo ties?!
I know Rivers play fell off during the second half of the season but under pressure he's one the best.

Rivers climbs the pocket vs immediate wide pressure about as well as you can. He also has a feel for space in a muddy pocket
Not only that he Identifies the blitz better than any QB in the NFL, that allows him to be preemptive when moving in the pocket.

Okay if that is what they are defining as under pressure for their ranking, I am not going to disagree with your take on him, just stating he may navigate in the pocket but the choices he makes via where he throws the ball, that is one thing I will never agree on that he is good at.

Sam Bradford is as bulletproof as a guy with the build of a kicker can be.

What's interesting about this list is the amount of guys we had that graded out near the bottom of their positional groups. A lot of those guys were relied upon fairly significantly and for the most part are no longer a part of the team. The depth has really been improved on this team, and the upgrades we made to those poor positional groups have to raise our floor significantly. Even if we have mediocre production from those groups, it's a stark contrast between needing to survive with contributors among the worst in the league at their positions.

Last edited:
Sam Bradford is as bulletproof as a guy with the build of a kicker can be.

What's interesting about this list is the amount of guys we had that graded out near the bottom of their positional groups. A lot of those guys were relied upon fairly significantly and for the most part are no longer a part of the team. The depth has really been improved on this team, and the upgrades we made to those poor positional groups have to raise our floor significantly. Even if we have mediocre production from those groups, it's a stark contrast between needing to survive with contributors among the worst in the league at their positions.

Couldn't agree more Beard. Depth leads to overall team success because injures are going to happen. That's really the brilliance of the Pats, they have just had one player after another stepup in the face of injury. Guys that really have no business being starters become better than average in that system.

Back
Top Bottom