Tarantino's Kill Wanny 2: Revenge of Finheaven | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tarantino's Kill Wanny 2: Revenge of Finheaven

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents.

Please, please, please can we have some restraint when posting. Yes I'm sure everyone will be saying how "it's a free country and freedom of speech is paramount in today's society" and that's great. But there are some really crazy (thats me being kind because I was going to use the words "dog dumb" but I didn't want to upset the sensitive amongst you) posts since the QB camps.

People calling Spielman a dope for signing Feeley, when the truth of the matter is that 95% of people here have NEVER seen AJ Feeley play a down. I can say with little fear of contradiction that since Rick was awarded the GM's position, he has done a masterful job. Masterful. Just to remind the detractors (or is that the ignorant?); he cut $20 million from the cap....TWENTY MILLION BOYS AND GIRLS. How did he does this? He must have raped and pillaged the roster, cutting starters and stars? Nope. He got rid of, count 'em....three starters. Two of which I thought were lucky to get the extra year in Miami as it were and the third who had clearly lost a step and maybe a step and a half and who, to be frank, had become a tackling liability in the secondary, attempting more arm tackles than any safety in league history through a 16 week season. He brought in David Boston, who before these camps, everyone was saying was amazing, fantastic, superstar, etc. He's hobbled through a mini-camp and now all of a sudden the doom mongers are out in force. Spielman got Boston for a 6th round pick. A Tim Provost pick if you like. And a CB that we were going to release anyway. He then signed a truck load of quality free agents that do 3 very specific things - they improve youth - we now have 5, maybe 6 players over 30. AND THATS IT. They improve the depth - we know have a packed backfield, competition at WR, a much stronger and deeper OL, a stunning secondary, etc. And thirdly, we have followed the pattern of the Patriots in that each of these players is similar enough to one another that they could step in and start without there being a deep drop off in talent - Lee for McMichael, Poole for Howard, Edwards for Freeman, Simmons for Thompson, Whitley for Jerman, Morris for Konrad, etc. etc. Rick then conducted a draft where he continued in that vein - adding more talent to the OL, picking up the best value draft pick of the entire weekend and then raiding the FA market and adding a couple of potential roster makers in Freddie Russell and Kevin Mitchell.

Moving on - the month is May. No-one....NO-ONE ever won a SB in May. Yet after 1 mini camp and one QB school, all of a sudden, the prophets of doom, the scaremongers - you know who you all are - are out in force. An army marching on Davie with relentless force. Upset because the new QB doesn't yet have grasp of the offense and that he was wayward on a few passes. The real truth is that they are upset that the QB wasn't the big name signing that they wanted. And that's the key point. Some of these people would rather have signed Drew Henson or Philip Rivers and has them turn out mediocre than have traded for Feeley and he be good. That's true. AJ wasn't the sexy name that people wanted. Despite teams nearly trading 3rd rounders for him, he will never get a true and fair shot with Miami fans. And that's sad. Really sad.

What's sadder is that these people have no come out of the woodwork and said that LT is now a crisis. This is hilarious. All of a sudden Wade Smith has been rendered useless because, whilst not being allowed much more than pat-a-cake contact with the NFL's best pass rushing DE and playing on a strained hamstring that meant he couldn't kickslide - A LEFT TACKLES BREAD AND BUTTER MOVE AGAINST A PASS RUSHING END - for those not sure what Smith should be doing - and thus allowing Taylor to have "sacks".

My point is, these doom monger posts are really dull. I could care less that Wade Smith was beaten for a few sacks by Taylor. I would rather actually watch the games - something a few people here would do well to do - and see what he's like, watch his head when he's uncovered, watch his hands, his footwork, watch his laterally ability when run blocking, watch his knees - is he bending them or is he bending the waist? Most of these people couldn't tell me if I was to phone them up out of the blue whether Smith was a knee bender or a waist bender; what he does with his hands; what he does exceptionally well to counter a rip move; how fast his feet are, etc. Too many people are seeing the action BUT NOT watching it. Smith has tremendous upside - something that reams of people talked about last season - JT, Jeff Fisher, Strahan, Hugh Douglas, Tony Wise, etc. Yes he had some rookie mistakes, but the guy was a year and half off of playing TE.

I am much more interested at this stage - in shells, in May - what the players like Whitley are MOVING like - is he as athletic getting to the 2nd level as he was at A+M? Is McKinney looking in control at C in terms of the calls? Does Yeremiah Bell look as athletic as he was at Eastern Kentucky? Who's moving well at the WR spot? Are Donald Lee's hands getting to be as good as his blocking is? So many complained that "no receiver made a move" - well the thing is, most of those people should have observed last year when Thompson "made a move" at this stage and people were annointing him the 2nd coming. Then when actually faced with contact at the line, corners in his face, getting jammed off his routes, etc. he could do nothing.

So to sum, please just think a little before posting sometimes. No-one knows what Feeley will be like - I would imagine it will take a year less than it took Matt Hasslebeck - but please don't let it get to the point where people are starting multiple threads saying that Kurt Warner and Tim Couch would be better. This is a joke, but re-iterates and underlines my earlier point in red pen, about people wanting a sexy name who would be mediocre rather than someone that people haven't seen and him be good. Also, you SHOULD know that Smith will be fine and anyone calling Rick a bad GM should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Miami fans are sports most fickle. And the hard core seem to hang here at Fin Heaven.

Lets just calm down and wait till week 1 against Tennessee before we want to fire our GM, murder our QB and molotov ****tail our LT. All three will be just fine, if only they are given the chance. Stop making Fin Heaven like a Tarantino script and just chill out. I want to win the SB as much as you all do. But some objectivity would be pleasurable.

Boomer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post. Couldnt have said it better myself.

Sorry to inform you this but its logical for any general manager to pull these moves. As a matter of fact these contracts were going to be targeted no matter which general manager was at the helm.

WharfRat said:
ummm... :huh: How could you possibly know that?

I do have to agree with him on that Wharf, before the cuts started I pretty much named every cut that was made and I am far from an NFL GM.

As far as Boomers post, I agree with the sky is not falling statements, again what I think has most reasonable fans worried is the fact that the whole season pretty much rests on AJ or if not him on the hopes that Jay can pick it up and finish a whole season.

I don't think people want AJ to fail they just want to know that if he does there is a backup plan, in this case there isn't(besides Jay) so again we are left hoping and praying AJ is the answer. I for one am hoping he pans out and becomes the next unknown superstar, but past experience tells me to be cautiously optimistic without setting my expectations too high.

The same goes for the Boston trade, I am really excited about what he brings to the team but on the other hand he does have a history. Hopefully he turns things around but if he doesn't I hope they do grab another WR after June 1st just in case, it never hurts to have too much depth. If Boston works out great then we have 3 starting WR if not then they still have 2 and whoever steps it up out of the rest of the group.

I would just hate to see them going back into this season with pretty much the same Offense they had last year(besides the OL).

PhinPhreak said:
I do have to agree with him on that Wharf, before the cuts started I pretty much named every cut that was made and I am far from an NFL GM.

OK... well, perhaps you named the cuts... but would ANYONE have made the same moves? Or would a different GM have shot the wad on one of the high profile OL, leaving us with less to work with (just one example of how it could have differed). My point was you can't know for sure that just anyone would have made the same moves that rick did...

As for the rest of your post... I agree.. however, I think Boomer's point was not to put on a pair of rose colored glassed, but rather to take a more realistic/mature approach.

Here i was thinking most of the fans of the fins forgot thier nads! Thanks Boomer for restoreing some guts to the room.Dolfanreal69

Yes we all knew the cuts - we all knew the cuts 12 months ago but no-one had the cojones to make the moves then. THAT'S the difference.

So what NOW ??? Are we no longer able to play "devils advocate" ?? The most enjoyable part of my day is telling everyone what a piece of crap AJ is. I have made it my persoanal goal to make sure we treat AJ as bad as Jay has been treated. Everyone keeps up with this "give him a chance" BS. If we are gonna give someone with a lot of potential upside and some unknown,a chance then let it be Sage. Sage has twice the arm that noodle armed AJ has, and at least Sage started for his college team. AJ has,at no level, ever done anything that wowed ANYONE (including his mother).
If we are gonna put our hopes in someone on this roster at QB, besides Jay, then lets be realistic and admit it has to be Sage. AJ SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite a novel there Boomer, any chance they will make a movie out of it. I think I will just wait for it to hit the big screen.

NCFINFAN38 said:
So what NOW ??? Are we no longer able to play "devils advocate" ?? The most enjoyable part of my day is telling everyone what a piece of crap AJ is. I have made it my persoanal goal to make sure we treat AJ as bad as Jay has been treated. Everyone keeps up with this "give him a chance" BS. If we are gonna give someone with a lot of potential upside and some unknown,a chance then let it be Sage. Sage has twice the arm that noodle armed AJ has, and at least Sage started for his college team. AJ has,at no level, ever done anything that wowed ANYONE (including his mother).
If we are gonna put our hopes in someone on this roster at QB, besides Jay, then lets be realistic and admit it has to be Sage. AJ SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes... you most certainly can play "devil's advocate". However, if that's all you got out of that post, than I believe you missed the point completely. The point was we don't know if AJ sucks yet... do we?
... I'll give you this... I'll concede the fact that I don't know for sure that AJ will be good at this point in time.... if you concede the fact that you don't know for sure that AJ sucks at this point in time. The fact is, that neither of us will have any proof of how AJ will be, until he plays his first game with us.

Back
Top Bottom