Taylor top Miami player on Sportsline | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taylor top Miami player on Sportsline

Justasportsfan said:
It's lot easier when you read with your eyes open :lol:

41. Takeo Spikes, LB, Bills: Had his best season last year, his first with the Bills. Has the speed coaches love, and has learned to harness it and play under control more.

I did miss that one. However he will always be a Bungle to me and I bet after last year he wished he still was. :roflmao: At least they won more than 6 games. :roflmao: :roflmao:

dreadlockera said:
I bet after last year he wished he still was. :roflmao:

(June 16, 2004)  Former Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro Jason Gildon spent part of his free agent visit with the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday talking with Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher, two fellow members of the NFL’s elite linebacker club.
â€ÂIt was nice to sit down with those guys and discuss football,†Gildon said. “They’re optimistic about the upcoming season. They definitely feel they’ll be better offensively and defensively ... they feel they’re basically one player away. It was comforting to hear those comments and hopefully, maybe this will be the stop.â€Â

-------------------------------

Don't think so. while it seems there are tons of problems w/ the qb, OL situation at fins camp. The bills camp seems to be the opposite. :D Even Losman seems to be doing better than Feely . :D

Like I said, we shall see when season starts.

Pretty good list IMO. I feel that Chris McAllister is overrated though. Certainly nowhere near the #16 player in the NFL. Chris Chambers said before the Baltimore game that McAllister is the most overrated CB in the league (then backed it up by having his way with him). And I have to agree. From what I've seen, I haven't been impressed to the point where I'd say McAllister's elite.

Also think Tomlinson should be the #1 RB.

Muck said:
Also think Tomlinson should be the #1 RB.
I agree. Vick although could potentially be no. 1 ,I don't think he's proven at this point in time that worthy of that spot.

That list is horrible. However, it was written by Pete Prisco, so I wasn't expecting anything different.

killswitch said:
Anyway, looking at that list I just realized something: The Ravens could aruably have the best player in the NFL at that player's postion for 5 diferent positions.

Ray Lewis is the best LB.
Jonathan Ogden is the best O-lineman in the NFL.
Jamaal Lewis is arguably the best RB.
Ed Reed is arguably the best overall S in the league.
and Todd Heap is arguably the best TE in the league.

Great observation. :beerbang:

I don't think that any other team can mak a claim like that......

Phins can "arguably" claim 3 - Surtain, Talyor and Ricky. Thomas would be right there if not for Ray Lewis.

dreadlockera said:
So many thing wrong with that list. Too many to list but a few stand out to me.
-Wilson above Urlacher and Thomas????
-Priest as the top back is another. I could run behind the line he has. When you watch highlights he rarely even gets touched until the LB or even S. LT is the top back IMO
- Woodson??? Woodson?? Cmon. The guy is all hype. Always injured too. Even Bailey is rated too highly when compared to Surtain.
- This isn't huge but I would take Harrison over Moss especially because they are considering off field and attitude problems.
-McCalister is another over hyped CB. He always goes to the pro bowl but his numbers dont seem that great.
-Strahan is over the hill. No way he is above JT, Freeney etc.
-Dont think I would take ed reed over Donovan either. When considering where they play would you?
Alright enough wasted time :shakeno: Perhaps it was more than a few :D

Strahan over the hill?...didn't he lead the league in sacks last year? :goof:

Damn few sports writers like the Fin's.

They can't stand Wayne. They can't stand the fact that he broke up the baseball team after the WS win. They've never forgotten and they have never forgiven.

And after all their belly aching, the Miami Fanbase still grows.

--Ross

are you kidding me? every year there are several media peeps that choose you to win the SB...!

Justasportsfan said:
I agree. Vick although could potentially be no. 1 ,I don't think he's proven at this point in time that worthy of that spot.

Vick's probably the most freakishly talented guy around. Can you believe this will be his 4th year?? Seems like we're still waiting to see what he can do (although us Dolfans got to see all we ever wanted his rookie year at Joe Robbie). Like he's still a rookie or 2nd year guy. But going up to Green Bay and leading the first team ever to beat the Pack at Lambeau in the playoffs like he did sure does remind you that this guy is big game player.

As for Tomlinson, how could anyone argue with 1,645 yards (at 5.3 ypc :eek: ), 100 receptions and 17 TDs for the worst team in football?? In addition to being cat quick and fast, he's also shown he can stand up to a beating, having not missed a single game in 48 for that horror of a franchise. The perfect blend of size, speed, power, vision, and durability. And he's only 24 years old.

Back
Top Bottom