Taylor's contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taylor's contract

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Does anyone know the current status of Jason Taylor's contract?

I ask because it seems the ridiculous deal Freeney just got from the Colts is causing some other guys to overvalue themselves. Osi and Strahan are both wanting new deals. The Colts LT is threatening retirement and trying to squeeze out a big deal. Julius Peppers is now getting a new deal too.

The Colts obviously goofed here by paying Freeney alot more than what he is worth and it is causing a ripple effect. Jason Taylor happens to be the best in the league at this position and Im hoping he is not in position to demand more money.

I ask because it seems the ridiculous deal Freeney just got from the Colts is causing some other guys to overvalue themselves. Osi and Strahan are both wanting new deals. The Colts LT is threatening retirement and trying to squeeze out a big deal. Julius Peppers is now getting a new deal too.

The Colts obviously goofed here by paying Freeney alot more than what he is worth and it is causing a ripple effect. Jason Taylor happens to be the best in the league at this position and Im hoping he is not in position to demand more money.

its not just Freeney, there was a big upswing in contracts this year. I wanted us to sign Leonard Davis until I saw what he signed for.

The cap goes up every year. Usually the SB champs lose alot of players and they have to pay alot to keep the players that are important to their team. They let both starting corners go and signed Freeney because he is a player teams have to game plan for. I beleive alot of top D-ends will expect that type of money but a team may feel their not as important to their TEAM NEEDS as Freeny was to the Colts needs.

If I'm not mistaken, Jason signed a 6-year $45 million contract in 2004. Taylor also restructured his contract last year where they turned some of his base salary into bonus money.

As far as being position to demand more money, winning the NFL DPOY award puts him there but I don't think he will, especially if we are a playoff bound team this year.

Is Bonus Money the same as Performance related pay?

Is Bonus Money the same as Performance related pay?

In this case it is more likely added to his signing bonus, money paid upfront, and not part of some incentive related to performance.

If I'm not mistaken, Jason signed a 6-year $45 million contract in 2004. Taylor also restructured his contract last year where they turned some of his base salary into bonus money.

As far as being position to demand more money, winning the NFL DPOY award puts him there but I don't think he will, especially if we are a playoff bound team this year.

Lets Hope! If we go 9-7 were in ! If you ask me its gonna come down to throwin more TDS than INTS lets hope Trent still has it :D

TY Geforce.

YW WV

Let's just hope Taylor continues to put the team first as he has done in the past. :wink:

Him and Zach are a few of the ones that have done that. Our newest aquisitions dont seem to have a great history of that. Steelers were worried about a Porter holdout and Green of course did not take a paycut to stay with his team. I will give Martin and Sledge credit never heard any complaints on them salarywise although Martin has had no reason to complain.

Him and Zach are a few of the ones that have done that. Our newest aquisitions dont seem to have a great history of that. Steelers were worried about a Porter holdout and Green of course did not take a paycut to stay with his team. I will give Martin and Sledge credit never heard any complaints on them salarywise although Martin has had no reason to complain.

Steelers released Porter because they didn't want to pay him his $1 million roster bonus on top of the $4 million he was scheduled to make this year.

Green Bay wanted to resign Martin but he wanted to test the market and Sledge wasn't getting as much playing time in Martz's system so Detroit decided to not re-sign the UFA.

Steelers released Porter because they didn't want to pay him his $1 million roster bonus on top of the $4 million he was scheduled to make this year.

Green Bay wanted to resign Martin but he wanted to test the market and Sledge wasn't getting as much playing time in Martz's system so Detroit decided to not re-sign the UFA.

The porter situation was actually much bigger than that. He wanted a new contract and they felt he would holdout making things much rougher on a new coach. green Bay obviously did not try to hard to resign martin since we did not give him that big of a contract. I dont doubt they would have resigned him but they do not seem that crazy about any of thier Te's and Donal Lee might actually be thier starter this year talk about ironic lol.

I knew you would find a way to bash Green. :shakeno:

Green didnt mind taking a pay cut. HE DID!!!!!!!!!! He wanted out of KC because they werent going to start him. Im sure he wouldve taken less money there if he could start. He took less money to come here so he could start.

Back
Top Bottom