TE OJ Howard released by Raiders | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE OJ Howard released by Raiders

This is a player I'm interested in, hes a good blocker and can catch at a decent level. Let him backup Smythe

Apparently the Raiders are so impressed with TE's Hooper and Rookie Michael Mayer (my favorite player from this past draft) that they have released OJ Howard. He's got some tred on his tires, but could he make our roster?

Mayer was my favorite player as well. And to think we don't have him because our owner is a moron, is sickening.

As it pertains to Howard, i'd be interested. Was he still at Bama for Tua's freshman season?

Mayer was my favorite player as well. And to think we don't have him because our owner is a moron, is sickening.

As it pertains to Howard, i'd be interested. Was he still at Bama for Tua's freshman season?

Don’t be ridiculous. You have zero way of knowing if Mayer would be a Dolphin if we had our pick.

Don’t be ridiculous. You have zero way of knowing if Mayer would be a Dolphin if we had our pick.
I'm not sure how you got that from what I typed, I simply said TE Michael Mayer was my favorite player in this past draft. I didn't say anything about were he was picked.

Our direction is clear with all of our tight end signings. We want a dude who can block plain and simple, we don’t care about a tight end going down the seam but they need to run block.

A dude I would look at is Marcedes Lewis, yes he is 38 but he is still a top 3 tight end blocker in this league and would be insanely cheap.

I want no part of Howard.

As for Mayer, IF Miami had their 1st rounder he would have been very hard to pass on.

Kincaid would have been there too, as well as Anton Harrison(OT), Steve Avila(OG)and a bunch of interesting defenders, Mazi Smith, both the Clemson guys and Nolan Smith.

As well as several DB's like Banks and Porter.

This post made me mad at Ross again. :DWN:

So I wouldn't have been surprised if we used our first round pick on the biggest individual need that I felt our roster had (and still has).

Its very possible we would've taken a CB at 21 but few other positions held the value at that point that TE did, as none had been taken yet.

I don't think we would've taken a NT at 21 so few positions would've even been considered in play. Wouldn't have minded Mazi Smith there but hard to imagine this FO was going to go that route.

I had zero way of knowing we'd draft Cam Smith or De'Von Achane either, when I was pimping those players as well. I am the only one who had Cam Smith on his radar.

F'ing idiot owner and his POS sidekick screwed up a fantasy scenario for us to get Mayer/Kincaid to go with Smith and Achane.

Last edited:
Our direction is clear with all of our tight end signings. We want a dude who can block plain and simple, we don’t care about a tight end going down the seam but they need to run block.

A dude I would look at is Marcedes Lewis, yes he is 38 but he is still a top 3 tight end blocker in this league and would be insanely cheap.

I want no part of Howard.
I agree about wanting a TE who can run block but he has to still be some kind of receiving threat or why not just throw another OT out there on obvious running plays?

Back
Top Bottom