Team Schedule Predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team Schedule Predictions

Pericles349

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok, for what it's worth, here are my 2004 Predictions. I'm skipping pre-season since nobody really cares who wins:

-Week 1- Miami v Titans- Miami rarely loses at home in September, and even though the fins got their fins kicked last season, I don't think that will happen in the season opener. Miami wins.
-Week 2- Miami v Bengals- Sunday night against an 8-8 team who's mediocre most of the time? Miamis wins.
-Week 3- Miami v Steelers- I don't expect Maddox to do much against our great pass rush and shut down db's and with the weather as our friend, I expect Ricky to be run all day. Miami wins.
-Week 4- Miami v Jets- The jets rarely have it together this early in the season, they have a lousy defense and a subpar offense (for the most part). Miami wins.
-Week 5- Miami v Patriots- The pats have had our number recently when playing in Foxboro, I don't expect that to change. It will be a tough game, but I think NE will hand Miami its first loss. Pats win.
-Week 6- Miami v Bills- I'll say it now to avoid writing more later. If Miami doesn't play beyond terrible, there is no reason why they can't or shouldn't sweep the bills this season. Miami wins.
-Week 7- Miami v Rams- Though the rams aren't great on grass, I expect Bulger, Faulk and Bruce to put it together on offense enough to give the rams a fighting chance. I expect the Rams defense to control Ricky and shut down our starting qb. Rams win.
-Week 8- Miami v Jets- Monday night meltdown again? I think that if our starting qb is healthy Miami will win, if not, they will lose to Pennington and friends. Just for arguments sake I'll say that our qb will be injured by now (which I actually do expect). Jets win in an upset.
-Week 9- Miami v Arizona- Neither Green, McCown, Boldin or any other player on this team will make such an impact as to improve drastically from last year. I expect an easy win from Miami (no, I don't think they will get overconfident...texans taught them not to). Miami wins.
-Week 11- Miami v Seattle- It will be a hard game for both teams, however, I expect Seattle to have a slighter edge due to Hasselbeck and Alexander, not to mention an improved d-line that will probably overpower our o-line. Seattle wins.
-Week 12- Miami v 49ers- With SF rebuilding this year and the possibility of having a qb by committee this season, I think Miami's d will put a hurting on SF's offense. Miami wins.
-Week 13- Miami v Bills- See above. Miami wins.
-Week 14- Miami v Denver- Though Miami will put up a good fight, I think that the combination of Plummer on offense and Bailey on defense will be a bit much for the fins to handle. Denver wins.
-Week 15- Miami v NE- Miami repays the favor from earlier in the season and uses home field advantage to overpower NE. DW has been able to out match Bill before, he'll do it again. Miami wins.
-Week 16- Miami Browns- Not even garcia will save this team. The Browns are mediocre for the most part and will not be able to stop a dolphins team who will be flying high after defeating the pats. Miami wins.
-Week 17- Miami v Ravens- I expect a repeat of last year's matchup except in colder weather. Alot of running and alot of defense. Team with the best kicker will win this one, that means you Olindo. Miami wins.

So I guess that means that I predict the fins to go 12-4 this season. I think it's doable and I think it will happen. I know this seems optimistic, but realistically the record might even be 13-3 if we get a couple of plays to go our way here and there. :evil:

-Week 1- Miami v Titans- loss, I dont see us beating them opening day
-Week 2- Miami v Bengals- Win
-Week 3- Miami v Steelers- close game, Miami wins
-Week 4- Miami v Jets-Win
-Week 5- Miami v Patriots- Win, the Pats will have a SB hangover
-Week 6- Miami v Bills- loss, first meeting will go to bills
-Week 7- Miami v Rams-win, monday nights are on our side
-Week 8- Miami v Jets-win
-Week 9- Miami v Arizona-win
-Week 11- Miami v Seattle-ot miami wins
~~BYE~~
-Week 12- Miami v 49ers- win
-Week 13- Miami v Bills- win
-Week 14- Miami v Denver- loss
-Week 15- Miami v NE-win, monday night
-Week 16- Miami Browns-win
-Week 17- Miami v Ravens-lose

12-4 is my projected finish, Pats will not repeat and will suffer greatly in the beginning of the season. I see the Jets emergeing out of the AFC east as our Biggest contender next year.

OK.. I'll play along!

Titans - Defensive line is completely rebuilt. Losing McCareins will impact their WRs. George possibly gone. Appears they are quietly in a rebuild mode. To early for them to jell. 34 - 13 (1-0)

Bengals - Year 2 with plenty of cohesion and filling of holes. This is a classic trap game. After redeeming the TEN loss from last year, I hope we do not look past a very strong team. 20 - 21 (1 - 1)

Steelers - Duce Staley might revitalize this running game. With Big Ben on the bench, Maddox may find the motivation he needs to have a big year. 24 - 13 (2 - 1)

Jets - I see a shootout on our hands. McCariens gives them a nice red zone and deep ball compliment to Moss. Our secondary will be thoroughly tested.
34 - 31 (3 - 1)

Patriots - Ted Washington will be missed. Ricky should find more holes this year. However, I still think we will be nappin. Wake up call. 17 - 19 (3 - 2)

Bills- Peerless Price has been missed. Unless someone steps up to compliment a HEALTHY Moulds, could be 2003 all over again. 30 - 17 (4 - 2)

Rams - I see another shootout here. It's hard to contain the Rams. Let's see if our D has learned how to close a game. 31 - 28 (5 - 2)

Jets - The stage is set for an upset. Jet's have revenge on their minds... and it's MNF. Doesn't look promising. Let's hope the one fan in the NY bar, :woot:, has his rally cap on. 31 - 38 (5 - 3)

Arizona- I like this team. They have a bright future to turn it around. But not against a p!$$ed off group of PHINZ. 24 - 13 (6 - 3)

Seattle- Back to our old ways again. The D just can't close the deal. To much weaponry to defend. 21 - 18 (6 - 4)

49ers - Another cellar dweller... but not so fast. Miami's tired from the LONGEST road trip in history. Looks to be a nail biter. 17 - 14 (7 - 4)

Bills - It's deja vu all over again for the Jills. 30 - 17 (8 - 4)

Denver - Miami is ready to get things headed in the right direction. Another classic game brings about an epic battle as we ATTEMPT to make our SB push. But, we were thinking ahead to NE. OOOPS. 31 - 21 (8 - 5)

Patriots - Well, we've been waiting for this game ALL YEAR. It's gonna be heart breaking as the Patsies prove yet again they're the team to beat. 24 - 27 (8 - 6)

Browns - With heads hanging, we manage to pull out a squeeker. 17 - 14 (9 - 6)

Ravens - With a potential playoff birth on the line, the team wins one for the gipper (Wanny) to save his job. 17 - 16 (10 - 6)

Too bad he gets fired after we lose in the first round.

Any rebuild (Oline) takes 2 years to see tangible consistency and results. I think the offense is finally headed in the right direction. But, I don't see it coming together in time to save Wanny. With such a rebuild (Oline and adding Boston), Wanny needs 2 years not 1. When it does come together, he won't be here.

As of right now, these are my predictions:

Vs Tennessee: I went to the game last year vs Houston and it sucked. I had been to Miami 3 other times in the past 3 years vs Carolina, Buffalo, and San Diego. We won 23-6, 30-7, and 30-3. 1 TD given up by our defense in 3 games. We had the 2nd year Texans coming in on opening day. You know the result. It wont happen again. Dolphins win

at Cincinnati: Last year a fluke for Bengals? Maybe not, we still pull out the win. Dolphins win

vs Pittsburgh: Probably a tight defensive battle, we win again. Dolphins win

vs New York Jets: Another close game, this time with the rivals. We cant lose. Dolphins win

at New England: tough road game, as of right now I see us losing. Pats win

at Buffalo: its good to get the road games in the northern part of the country over with early on, we pull out a tight victory. Dolphins win

vs St Louis: Rams seem to be successful every year now, depends on their WRs and if Faulk is healthy. Right now I see this game just like the Eagles one last year. High scoring, but we fall. Rams win

at New York Jets: MNF, u know how that went. This time I see us losing, but we are the ones who make a comeback only to fall short. Jets win

vs Arizona: Another Houston type of game? Hell no. Dolphins win

Bye week, at a great time.

at Seattle: Personally I don't see Seattle being that great but they made the playoffs last year so they did something right. I think we lose this game on a last second FG. Seahawks win

at San Francisco: 49ers won't be that good this year, yet remember they shut us out last time we went to their park. Don't see it happening this time, Run Ricky Run. Dolphins win

vs Buffalo: Homestretch begins, fans are rowdy, anxious. We're good at home, bring on December. Dolphins win

at Denver: Cold game? yes Hard game? yes Can we win here again? It's gunna be real tough. I see us doing it again Dolphins win

vs New England: MNF, huge game. HUGE game. We win b/c its probably the biggest game of the year. Backs against the wall, everyone's job on the line. It has to be done. Dolphins win

vs Cleveland: ESPN game which i love. I don't see Cleveland being in competition at this point, they will play role of spoilers. Only thing is, we ain't having that in our house. Dolphins win

at Baltimore: I will be at this game, and it will be cold. Might be very cold. We will need Ricky in this game, preferably 25-40 carries in this one. I see another 9-6 type of game unfolding, only we get a TD that makes the difference in the game. Boohoo Ravens fans. Dolphins win

Right now I see us going 12-4, with the win against NE on MNF making the difference in the season. Knock on wood we get spared injuries, and please, for once, win one for me boys!

With the schedule the way it is, if we don't win at least 11 this season then we are far from being a good team...mediocre at best. I was not one to support DW's firing, but if we don't reach at least 11 then I will be the first to ask for his resignation papers. :fire:

Week 1 Titans Win
Week 2 @Bengals Loss
Week 3 Steelers Win
Week 4 Jets Win
Week 5 @Patriots Loss
Week 6 @Bills Win
Week 7 Rams Win
Week 8 @Jets Loss
Week 9 Arizona Win
Week 11 @Seattle Loss
Week 12 @49ers Win
Week 13 Bills Win
Week 14 @Denver Loss
Week 15 NE Loss
Week 16 Browns Win
Week 17 Ravens Win

10-6, and a Wild Card berth.

Ten...Rebuilding year, Win

Cincy...Coming together for them, but we are always tough at the start of the season, Win

Pitt...Maddox will get hurt in this one, and we get see QB of the future for the Steelers suck, Win

Jets...Never like playing the Jets and we all know why, the streak, Lose

Pats...NE will be undefeted at this point and going for the record of most consecutive wins to knock out or '72-'73 teams from the record books, history is on our side though (see '84 Bears) and we pull one out for the old timers, Win

Bills...Yeah right, Win although they may scare us and almost score

Rams...Don't match up well here, never have. Glad we don't play the Cheifs this year too, Lose

Jets...We don't like them, and we don't like that they already beat us once at home, and we don't like the Midnight Miracle playing on ESPN classic every week, Big Win.......by like 20

Cards...Good luck Denny, and sorry, Win

Seahawks...Don't like how we match up here either, similar to STL, if their D is better, we lose, if its the same as last year, we could win. I think they are better, plus they didn't lose a game at home last year, Lose

49ERS...Rebuilding, Win

Bills...Don't even come close to scoring this time, except Moulds burns Madison again for a TD, but who cares late in the 4th when the game is out of reach, Win

Denver...No Portis, No Sharpe, No Ed, No Win, Win for the Fins

Pats...My first time to visit Florida, My first time to see the Dolphins at Pro Player, On my honeymoon with my new wife to see MNF, can't think of a better time for a big playoff-type win, WIN:D

Browns...Let down here on a streak with playoffs in sight, dishearting, Lose

Ravens...Don't think Ravens will be in the hunt really, so they are playing spoiler. We might be playing for a bye, so we will show up after the lose to Cleveland, Win

12-4, home game first round win, on the road win to get to AFC champ....then, we can only hope.

My Expectations - Wanny's Resluts
Tennessee W- L
@ Cincinnati W - W
Pittsburgh W - W
Jets W - W
@ New England L - L
@ Buffalo W - W
St. Louis W - L
@ Jets W - W
Arizona W - W
Bye Week
@ Seattle W - L
@ San Francisco W - L
Buffalo W - W
@ Denver L - L
New England W - W
Cleveland W - W
@ Baltimore L - L

My Expectations 13-3 Wanny's Resluts 9-7

Week 1 Titans, Win
Week 2 @Bengals, Win
Week 3 Steelers, Win
Week 4 Jets, Win
Week 5 @Patriots, Loss
Week 6 @Bills, Loss
Week 7 Rams, Win
Week 8 @Jets, Loss
Week 9 Arizona, Win
Week 11 @Seattle, Loss
Week 12 @49ers, Win
Week 13 Bills, Win
Week 14 @Denver, Loss
Week 15 NE, Loss
Week 16 Browns, Win
Week 17 @Ravens, Loss

9-7, no playoffs

God You Guys Are All So Negitive Seems As If Most Of You Expect Miami To Flop As They Have In The Past But You Have To Have Faith 14-2 . Even If Im Wrong At Least My Heart Is Hoping For The Best

catapano said:
God You Guys Are All So Negitive Seems As If Most Of You Expect Miami To Flop As They Have In The Past But You Have To Have Faith 14-2 . Even If Im Wrong At Least My Heart Is Hoping For The Best
yes and i'm sure the other dolfans are hoping for the worst :goof:

Week 1 Titans, Win
Week 2 @Bengals, Win
Week 3 Steelers, Win
Week 4 Jets, Win
Week 5 @Patriots, Loss
Week 6 @Bills, Win
Week 7 Rams, Loss
Week 8 @Jets, Win
Week 9 Arizona, Win
Week 11 @Seattle, Loss
Week 12 @49ers, Win
Week 13 Bills, Win
Week 14 @Denver, Loss
Week 15 NE, Win
Week 16 Browns, Win
Week 17 @Ravens, Loss

11-5.........Weeks 7 and 8 were the toughest ot call for me. We don't match up well against the Rams. Not sure how good the Jets will be, that one could be a loss if the Jets get things together. So it could be 12-4 or 10-6. Either way, we probably make the playoffs. Have a funny feeling Week 17 in B-more will be a HUGE game with big-time playoff implications.

Back
Top Bottom