Ted Ginn Jr. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr.

Very Good Read Boomer I had said some of the same stuff in some other threads when people said he is just fast. He is more then that, so fluid with the hips and change of geers, he is a D. Sanders type talent. He was also said that he would play CB again if the team wanted. And he was the #1 player overall out of high school at CB and the USA today Defensive Player of the year.

I can name about 3 off the top of my head that are superstars at 6' 180-190 range. Issac Bruce, Torry Holt and Donald Driver.

Durability issues? What durability issues?

edit: Bernard Berrian is not a superstar but he is 6'1" 180.

I said alleged durability issues.

alleged–verb (used with object), -leged, -leg·ing. 1.to assert without proof.

I said alleged durability issues.

alleged–verb (used with object), -leged, -leg·ing. 1.to assert without proof.

I read that but was surprised someone would bring up any issues concerning his durability. Alleged or not.

I read that but was surprised someone would bring up any issues concerning his durability. Alleged or not.

C'mon man, he got hurt celebrating!!!!!! Martin Grammatica anyone?:lol:

Boomer, you kind of changed my mind about Ginn. I was set on Brown because of our help on o-line, but I wouldn't mind one damn bit if we went Ginn and got an O-liner somewhere down the draft. Or vice versa as well.

When did Donald Driver, keenan mccardell, kevin curtis, or antonio bryant become Superstars? And how many of them return punts/kicks? You can't avoid contact with punt returns.

C'mon man, he got hurt celebrating!!!!!! Martin Grammatica anyone?:lol:

Boomer, you kind of changed my mind about Ginn. I was set on Brown because of our help on o-line, but I wouldn't mind one damn bit if we went Ginn and got an O-liner somewhere down the draft. Or vice versa as well.

When did Donald Driver, keenan mccardell, kevin curtis, or antonio bryant become Superstars? And how many of them return punts/kicks? You can't avoid contact with punt returns.

That's funny.

Donald Driver is a two time Pro Bowl receiver and although he may not be considered a superstar he is one of the NFL's best receivers.

So Boom, I take it that you really like Ted Ginn Jr?

I think he fits the mold of what Mueller claims to value in high draft picks.

I do think we may have an opportunity to trade down 3 to 5 picks and still get him, A talented QB and fast playmakers that score touchdowns is what this game is all about.

Post of the year!

I now forgive you for continuously telling me how WRONG I was about Anquan Boldin.

:wink:

i didnt say they were superstars, i just put up their names to show you players at that size can be successful... you had the superstar names in holt and harrison, those were just more NFL WRs who are of similar build to ginn...

I've been pimping Ted Ginn Jr. for months now. Everyone always wants to tell me how he can't or won't succeed in the NFL when they really have no idea.

Boomer, you echoed everything I've been saying about him all along. I really feel he will be one of, if not the best, PR / KR's in the league right away. In terms of an everyday receiver, I think he'll make an impact but not as quickly as he does on special teams. Within a year or two, though, I think he has the ability and work ethic to become an elite receiver. He's the kind of player that you can throw a simple 2-yard hitch to and he'll take it to the house. And it isn't just his speed that allows him to do that. He is very elusive and his field vision is unparalleled. Players like that don't grow on trees. If he's still on the board at 9, the Dolphins HAVE to take him.

Lastly, people that question his speed advantage in college versus the NFL MUST take his vision and elusiveness into consideration. It's those skills that will allow him to remain 1-step ahead of the faster NFL defenses.

In the past 3 hours, whilst chatting draft with CK, I've been watching highlights of Ted Ginn Jr. both at OSU and at high school.

I see no way that Miami should pass on him, unless Brady Quinn gets to pick 7. I managed to go 19 minutes and saw him tackled twice. TWO times. 2. In almost 20 minutes. And this was a clip reel, not an individual game tape.

He is as phenomenal an athlete as Calvin Johnson. His open field ability is better than anything I think I've ever seen and I've been doing this draft thing for a long time now. What he can do with his body at top speed is off the charts. To change direction, to flip his hips, to control his body and still create yardage, all at high speed, is a joy to watch. The footwork is remarkable.

He can reverse a field and out run an entire defense, he can take a reverse , give a defense 10 yards in ground lost and still make the corner before anyone else. When he puts his head down and hits full speed, it's over.

Ginn reminds me of Terry Glenn, his rookie year when he had 92 catches, but quicker. People talk about his inability to run routes, but I say hold on; look what he does on those routes. He may not conventionally run them the way say a Hines Ward does, but he is still effective and he can't be stopped when used correctly.

People say he can't play press. Well put on the tape of the Texas game. Man coverage against Aaron Ross. Ross, BTW is a great man cover corner, strong at the LOS and very fast. Oh and he won the Thorpe Award. He goes to knock Ginn off his route at the snap and Teddy gives him 3 moves that leave a very good corner, a guy I like a lot, grasping for air as he blows by him for 6. Watch the Cincy game. Antoine Horton does the same thing. But Horton gets his hand on him and pushes him out to the sideline, knocks the timing. Then Ginn gives him a move, a subtle move and then they go out of the shot. Troy Smith steps up, launches the ball down the left sideline and when they come into shot, Ginn has 8 yards on Horton. TD. Over.

Him not working out is a blessing in a way. He would run a 4.2. No doubt. The Combine heads, the coaches that love the 40's and the splits, they rue that BCS injury because it stopped two things happening; potentially robbed them of the fastest time at the Combine. And robbed them of breaking the fastest 10 yard split time held by Deion Sanders and Jevon Kearse. I think it's likely that he won't run at all before the draft, so we won't get the true chance to see just how quick he is.

Would I have concerns about him running the comeback? Maybe. But he's the son of one of the best coaches in Ohio. This cat knows how to run routes. When you're so fluid as a runner, so quick, then commitment to perfect routes is not nearly as big an issue as it is for a 4.55 guy like Courtney Taylor for example.

I wouldn't have any concerns about using him as a flanker, in the slot, on middle screens, on reverses, I would line him up at QB and get him to run out of a single wing formation. You could get the ball in his hands 12/15 times on offense, no problems at all. And as a return man, Devin Hester is good, but Hester didn't lead the nation in punt return average, he didn't lead the nation in kick return average, his career punt average as a collegian was less than Ginn's, as was his career kick return average. And Teddy scored more touchdowns as well.

And last time I looked, that's what it's all about.

And yes he's skinny but watch tape on him. He breaks more tackles than anyone I can think of. And it's not just walk on safeties. It's top quality linebackers and corners. You better be grounded and have your hips LOW if you're going to take him down one on one. His ability in the open field is like something few teams have. I can't remember the last time Miami did. And as I've said before, the 'Reggie Bush' effect on each play, knowing where he is, what he's doing, will open up huge opportunities, not only for the other wideouts, but for Ronnie and Ricky as well. Why? You can't play him in man without safety help. You just can't.

If Miami have seen Brady Quinn go off the board before 7, then unless I'm getting a blockbuster deal, or a deal that affords me the chance to slip down 3 or 4 and still get him, then I'm all over Theodore Ginn Jr. like a cheap suit. I'm convinced that he can have a tremendous impact on this team, if used correctly. And Cam Cameron is an offensive mastermind.

It could easily be a very lethal combination.

Hey Simon, I've been saying the same thing tho in different words for some time now.....We haven't have a playmaker at WR since Clayton and Duper...this team needs a real playmaker like him....I've talked about the fact that Ginn can do for us some of the same things that Bush did for NO but some people here wants us to take Laundry or Brown and while they're good players neither one would have the impact that Ginn would have on the whole team....would you rather add a good player to an already good defence or a real big time playmaker to an offence that doesn't have one? I think that should be the real question and when you think about it the answer should be easy....we need a big time playmaker more than we need a safety, specially since we've already invested in one last year.

Ozzy rules!!

Actually, there was an article where Chambers begged the FO to pick Ginn. They're old Cleveland buddies, almost brothers.

please show a link where Chambers is saying he would be happy to get Ginn with the #9th pick.

That's funny.

Donald Driver is a two time Pro Bowl receiver and although he may not be considered a superstar he is one of the NFL's best receivers.
No doubt about that. I know who he is. I was just saying, the question was who was a superstar receiver and there aren't many.

Hey Simon, I've been saying the same thing tho in different words for some time now.....We haven't have a playmaker at WR since Clayton and Duper...this team needs a real playmaker like him....I've talked about the fact that Ginn can do for us some of the same things that Bush did for NO but some people here wants us to take Laundry or Brown and while they're good players neither one would have the impact that Ginn would have on the whole team....would you rather add a good player to an already good defence or a real big time playmaker to an offence that doesn't have one? I think that should be the real question and when you think about it the answer should be easy....we need a big time playmaker more than we need a safety, specially since we've already invested in one last year.

Ozzy rules!!

You think that Ginn would make a impact more than Laundry would? Wow !!! Ginn is more of a special teams player than a WR. Not worth the #9 pick sorry imo.

Back
Top Bottom