Texas Longhorn playing for the Dolphins next year (And It's Not Vince Young!!!)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by nighttrain76, Dec 3, 2005.

1. nighttrain76

nighttrain76 Seasoned Veteran

I think that one of the Texas Longhorns safeties will be wearing a Dolphin uniform next year. Griffin and Huff can play both safety and cornerback...something that Saban likes. He likes players that can play more that one position. We can use either one of these guys in our secondary. They can play both positions and that will help with the tricky schemes Saban is going to play next year since he knows what he has and what he needs. I not sure in which round we can get them but they would be a nice fit. This comes from an Oklahoma Sooner fan praising a longhorn... I need a drink!!!!:goof:

2. Jimmy James

Jimmy James You sit on a throne of lies!

I'm not familiar with either of them. Where do you think they're likely to go in the draft? When you say they can play both positions, do you believe they can play both of them well as a pro, or do you mean that they do well enough to get by in college?

In short, you have my interest. Tell me more.

3. DolfanDaveInATX

DolfanDaveInATX A True Fan

NFL Draft Countdown website has Huff rated the second best corner and going to New England at #18. There are several secondary guys with late first round grades. Griffin will probably go early on the second day. Both are solid players.

4. nighttrain76

Remember who Belichick is used to asking advise from about college players. I think for the next couple of years we'll have the inside track on a lot of players!!! Finally the team that plays where everybody wants to be has a coach that a lot people respect and fear. It's not a coincidence that every free agent now of days mentions Miami as a place where they would like to play. I for one believe in the Saban process and when he gets the type of players that can play his system....It's on baby!!!!:D

5. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran bad spelur

Charlie will be feeding him now.

6. Bjorn

Bjorn Go Giants

Michael Huff is one of the Best if not the Best Free safety in college footbal. He will be gone in the 1st round. Cedric I believe is improving his stock. He will most likely be a late first early second round pick.

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showprospect.php?key=Michael Huff

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showprospect.php?key=Cedric Griffin

7. dominizzo

dominizzo CAMERON EARTH WAKE

Huff is a stud

8. FinNasty

FinNasty "The Sticker Dunk"

Huff will definatly go in the 1st round... the kid is a playmaker.

Griffen will prob end up in Rd. 2 when all is said and done.

Both are great...

9. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Finheaven VIP

Can anyone coment on how inportant the safty position is to our D? I kinda get the feeling that the corner position maby isnt quite as pivital as it used to be and the safty's might be a little more important. Yes, no?

10. girthvader44

girthvader44 Starter

As Dolphin Fans, we were spoiled for a while and now we realize the importance of athletic, physical corners. Man, never thought Id see the day when I wanted our #1 pick to be a DB....

HUff has very good speed, Griffin has average speed. Huff has solid coverage skills, and great size. Solid. Size is why the "experts" think safety, IMHO.

Draft the best Qb available, even if its Bartholamew Humperdink from Southwest Northeastern Cal Poly Tech A&M Tech Jr College. He would be better than Gus, Aj, Jay, and especially JP. (Take that sorry *ss Bill Fans)

-GirthVader

11. Jimmy James

Jimmy James You sit on a throne of lies!

Now that we have gone through all of that, what I'd like to know is how these guys (particularly Huff) compare to Landry in terms of play at safety. Anybody up to that challenge?

12. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan Pro Bowl

well bottom line is we can forego looking at firstround DB talent, as i don't see us grabbing that.... our most glaring need is QB, and i see us going that route... trading up or down as necessary to grab that. we NEED DB, but as bad as QB? i dunno....

i'd be more interested in hearing about 2nd-4th round DB talent, honestly....

13. SMadison29

SMadison29 What Sherman aspires to be

Huff is a difference maker in the secondary & a turnover machine. He has 2 ints & 4 FFs this year. 5 career defensive TDs, 4 of his 8 career interceptions have gone back for TDs.

14. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

I agree with the QB being a priority over DB's.If we take a DB it'll probably be 3rd round or later.

Ozzy rules!!

15. HysterikiLL

HysterikiLL A True Fan

Michael Huff is an incredibly productive defender. He can play corner as well as safety and would be major for our team. I see him going mid-late 1st, but if he fell to us in the 2nd, I'd be dancing naked in the street.

16. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

I would never ever doubt that Saban would draft a DB or a LB for that matter that is a sure thing and that QB would come later. Saban will take the best guy on the board and it will be a guy he has scouted with complete distinction. Just look at Channing Crowder and Matt Roth. He got them with value and knowing that they would drop.

Saban will get guys who are his guys. QB or whatever other position wont matter as much as scoring with each pick with guys who fit the system.

That being said, If Vince Young were to declare, I think Linehan would love to have the next Daunte Culpepper.

17. PhinstiGator

PhinstiGator Hungry For A Championship

Texas has a very impressive offensive line. Can't wait till the off season to discuss the draft. :goof:

18. NewEra8

NewEra8 2004 1-AA National Champs

Williams from Tech... number 1 CB choice...

19. nighttrain76

I think Huff could be our Ed Reed!!!! We can get a QB later in the draft. It's not crazy to think that Saban might draft a DB or any other position before a qb. There is 2 or 3 QB in the draft worth a first round pick. There will be plenty to choose from later in the draft. Just think if we draft a QB in the first round...that would be a lot of money on one side of the ball!!!! I think our defense could use a first round stud in the secondary. Call me crazy but I think Saban would like to get that defense younger and better. Think about how the pats have drafted the last few years. Yea I know they have Brady and all but just look at their defense and how many first or second round guys they have mixed in with some vets. There is a formula that the pats have been using for a while and who do you think gave Bill a lot of info on those SEC players and other college stand outs.

20. KB21

KB21 A True Fan

Huff is a great player, but keep an eye on Demario Minter from Georgia. He's playing himself into the first round picture.

21. Bjorn

Bjorn Go Giants

KB what do you think of Jaxson Appel