Texas Longhorn playing for the Dolphins next year (And It's Not Vince Young!!!) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texas Longhorn playing for the Dolphins next year (And It's Not Vince Young!!!)

nighttrain76

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I think that one of the Texas Longhorns safeties will be wearing a Dolphin uniform next year. Griffin and Huff can play both safety and cornerback...something that Saban likes. He likes players that can play more that one position. We can use either one of these guys in our secondary. They can play both positions and that will help with the tricky schemes Saban is going to play next year since he knows what he has and what he needs. I not sure in which round we can get them but they would be a nice fit. This comes from an Oklahoma Sooner fan praising a longhorn... I need a drink!!!!:goof:

I'm not familiar with either of them. Where do you think they're likely to go in the draft? When you say they can play both positions, do you believe they can play both of them well as a pro, or do you mean that they do well enough to get by in college?

In short, you have my interest. Tell me more.

NFL Draft Countdown website has Huff rated the second best corner and going to New England at #18. There are several secondary guys with late first round grades. Griffin will probably go early on the second day. Both are solid players.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
NFL Draft Countdown website has Huff going to New England at #18. There are several secondary guys with late first round grades.

Remember who Belichick is used to asking advise from about college players. I think for the next couple of years we'll have the inside track on a lot of players!!! Finally the team that plays where everybody wants to be has a coach that a lot people respect and fear. It's not a coincidence that every free agent now of days mentions Miami as a place where they would like to play. I for one believe in the Saban process and when he gets the type of players that can play his system....It's on baby!!!!:D

nighttrain76 said:
Remember who Belichick is used to asking advise from about college players. I think for the next couple of years we'll have the inside track on a lot of players!!! Finally the team that plays where everybody wants to be has a coach that a lot people respect and fear. It's not a coincidence that every free agent now of days mentions Miami as a place where they would like to play. I for one believe in the Saban process and when he gets the type of players that can play his system....It's on baby!!!!:D

Charlie will be feeding him now.

Jimmy James said:
I'm not familiar with either of them. Where do you think they're likely to go in the draft? When you say they can play both positions, do you believe they can play both of them well as a pro, or do you mean that they do well enough to get by in college?

Michael Huff is one of the Best if not the Best Free safety in college footbal. He will be gone in the 1st round. Cedric I believe is improving his stock. He will most likely be a late first early second round pick.

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showprospect.php?key=Michael Huff

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showprospect.php?key=Cedric Griffin

Jimmy James said:

Huff will definatly go in the 1st round... the kid is a playmaker.

Griffen will prob end up in Rd. 2 when all is said and done.

Both are great...

Can anyone coment on how inportant the safty position is to our D? I kinda get the feeling that the corner position maby isnt quite as pivital as it used to be and the safty's might be a little more important. Yes, no?

As Dolphin Fans, we were spoiled for a while and now we realize the importance of athletic, physical corners. Man, never thought Id see the day when I wanted our #1 pick to be a DB....

HUff has very good speed, Griffin has average speed. Huff has solid coverage skills, and great size. Solid. Size is why the "experts" think safety, IMHO.

Draft the best Qb available, even if its Bartholamew Humperdink from Southwest Northeastern Cal Poly Tech A&M Tech Jr College. He would be better than Gus, Aj, Jay, and especially JP. (Take that sorry *ss Bill Fans)

-GirthVader

Now that we have gone through all of that, what I'd like to know is how these guys (particularly Huff) compare to Landry in terms of play at safety. Anybody up to that challenge?

well bottom line is we can forego looking at firstround DB talent, as i don't see us grabbing that.... our most glaring need is QB, and i see us going that route... trading up or down as necessary to grab that. we NEED DB, but as bad as QB? i dunno....

i'd be more interested in hearing about 2nd-4th round DB talent, honestly....

Huff is a difference maker in the secondary & a turnover machine. He has 2 ints & 4 FFs this year. 5 career defensive TDs, 4 of his 8 career interceptions have gone back for TDs.

I agree with the QB being a priority over DB's.If we take a DB it'll probably be 3rd round or later.

Ozzy rules!!

Michael Huff is an incredibly productive defender. He can play corner as well as safety and would be major for our team. I see him going mid-late 1st, but if he fell to us in the 2nd, I'd be dancing naked in the street.

Back
Top Bottom