Thank you Heat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you Heat

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a quick second to thank the Heat for such an incredible season. Wade is a superstar in the making, I was going nuts when he was dominating the game, I thought I was watching Jordan Jr.. Forget about rookie of the year, this kid is a freaking SUPERSTAR!!!!!

EJ- I knew once the playoffs began that he would choke and his play in game 6 made me question whether or not he was getting paid off, that's how pathetic his play was. I hate to speak poorly of EJ, he has been a good role model and has played on some horrible teams. He is a good guy. However, its time for him to leave, I don't care if we get nothing in return or have to trade for another overpriced bench warmer.

I question JVG for not putting Wade in the game with 10 seconds left, he did hit a big three against Charlotte to ice a game so his argument goes out the window that Wade isn't good from 3 with the game on the line.

In all, its been a great year. Wade is amazing, one couldn't ask for a better core. Odom, Wade and Butler will become one of the dominant forces in the league. And did I mention WADE!!!!! OMFG that kid is SICK!!!

I don't understand why they put the ball in EJs hands at the end of the game instead of Dwaynes. It was unfortunate to see that, very unfortunate, but what can you do now? It was a good season, and we ended up shorter then we wanted but we got further than many expected.

Oh yeah, IMO, I think EJ is going to go to the expansion team.

Caron was on his way to being a superstar last year too & look what happened to him.

What happened to Caron? I know not of what you speak of.

Yeah you do. He was hurt, he was benched, he struggled. Huge sophomore slump.

Caron was never benched. They put him on the bench because the trainers told the team that he came back way too soon. Go check his stats from March-April when he was 100% healthy.

The Heat have a bright future, but they badly need a big man because Detroit, Indiana, and New Jersey also have bright futures. Still, Miami always has a chance in the Junior Varsity Conference

CW, I am curious, who is your team? LA? Minnesota?

Prime Time said:
Oh yeah, IMO, I think EJ is going to go to the expansion team.

I highly doubt Charlotte is dumb enough to take on his contract. Jones, Grant, and Woods will probably all be exposed in the expansion draft. IMO, the only guy who has a shot at being selected is Loren Woods for his height and potential, even though he hasn't proven he's more than a 12th-man. I mean, the guy messes around during warm-ups with Walker when he can't even step into the rotation. I don't care for Samaki, but he has what, 3 rings? He already got what he came into this league for. Loren Woods is a Cade McNown type goof-off.

Samaki and Woods foul around? I had not heard this, how so?

BTW, when we signed Samaki, I thought he was going to do well coming off the bench...I was wrong.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Caron was never benched. They put him on the bench because the trainers told the team that he came back way too soon. Go check his stats from March-April when he was 100% healthy.

In basketball being relegated to coming off the bench is benched.

Yes but he was benched because of injury, not because of his playing ability.

SMadison29 said:
In basketball being relegated to coming off the bench is benched.

You don't know about this situation. I know what you mean, and this is far different from what you're talking about. I read all about it, heard from from McAdoo's perspective, Caron's perspective, SVG's perspective, and the trainers' perspective.

Prime Time said:
Samaki and Woods foul around? I had not heard this, how so?

BTW, when we signed Samaki, I thought he was going to do well coming off the bench...I was wrong.

Not so much for Samaki, but Loren Woods does. My father's friend at work, Steve used to train with the Heat. He still speaks to a few of the older guys like Grant, Jones, and he knows Bimbo Coles from when he worked out with I think Cleveland, I'm not sure. He always tells my dad about the stuff that goes on at practice.

Woods is the laziest player on the team. When it's time to do layup drills, he always finds an excuse to try and not have to do them. You ever see him out on the court, putting up three's for 30 minutes? He sits there and smiles tossing up three's, while the other big men practice their inside game. Loren Woods is a goof ball and he'll never amount to anything in the NBA. It's a shame too, because I think Riley would've been able to get him to work a bit harder, because the guy does have talent and a nice frame.

As for Walker, he had the body that we definately needed this season. When he played he played decent, in my opinion. The problem with Samaki wasn't Samaki. Yet it was the unexpected emergence of Udonis Haslem. Walker got hurt and Haslem was asked to fill his role on the bench as the 7th/8th man in preseason. He did a hell of a job. Our opening night line-up I believe was Wade-Jones-Odom-Haslem-Grant(Caron was hurt). When Odom went down, Skip came in at the 1, Wade to the 2, Jones to the 3. When Jones went down, Skip came in and Wade went to the 2. When Wade went down, Skip came in.

Samaki Walker basically never got the chance, but he's only a decent bench player at best.

Back
Top Bottom