That game was fixed, and it was a bad fix... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That game was fixed, and it was a bad fix...

Rigged? Do you really believe there is a conspiracy to have the crappy *** Bucs beat the the Dolphins? In what world does the Bucs winning or us losing benefit the NFL in some hypothetical scenario?

Who knows maybe the refs had money on the bucs, but there is no way that game was called fairly.

Answer....Money...

People will fix your stinky toilet for money and they sure as heck will fix a ball game to grab some...Money, Its always about $$$

When Cops dont know why a murder was committed they first follow the money so start with money and rule things out backwards from there.

Yeah......I know it the old days the "mob" , etc would fix some sporting events but who exactly here do you think is doing the fixing?.....the ref?....the NFL?? Some in the past (not this game) have accused players of throwing the game but usually it's the QB they blame....problem with that idea is they are so well paid that the fixers would have to come up with several millions just to buy the guy or convince him it was worth the risk to do it.

Rigged? Do you really believe there is a conspiracy to have the crappy *** Bucs beat the the Dolphins? In what world does the Bucs winning or us losing benefit the NFL in some hypothetical scenario?

Is it really that unbelievable that some huge bets were made and the right palms were greased to ensure a payout? To me, that's more believable than them all being terrible at their jobs. This thing has been snowballing for a while. People are catching on. It's gotten obvious. What were they even looking at during the safety review?

There are two choices here if you ask me.

1. Refs at the highest level of officiating don't know how to properly call a game

2. Money

To me, it would be more of a conspiracy if something wasn't going on and somehow referees in the NFL collectively lost their minds.

There are bad chefs, bad mechanics, bad attorneys, bad grocery baggers, etc, etc. Maybe, just maybe, there are bad NFL refs.

That got promoted all the way to the highest level of officiating because they were bad at their jobs?

I just don't think this game was fixed. I think the crew was just utterly and completely incompetent.

Then again, I think back to the NBA officiating scandal a few years ago and I can't belittle anyone who does think this was crooked.

There are bad chefs, bad mechanics, bad attorneys, bad grocery baggers, etc, etc. Maybe, just maybe, there are bad NFL refs.
Maybe but our game yesterday would be one of the best games to essentially rig if there was money behind the scenes. Nobody cared about the Fins-Bucs game. Tons of awful calls would go unnoticed by the sports media. When we complain the next day people laugh because we are Dolphin fans. No talk of the safety by any highlight shows because it’s a very low interest game. A game like that would be the best to rig because of the low appeal. I’m not saying it WAS rigged, but who knows anymore with this league.

Is it really that unbelievable that some huge bets were made and the right palms were greased to ensure a payout? To me, that's more believable than them all being terrible at their jobs. This thing has been snowballing for a while. People are catching on. It's gotten obvious. What were they even looking at during the safety review?

1. Refs at the highest level of officiating don't know how to properly call a game

2. Money

To me, it would be more of a conspiracy if something wasn't going on and somehow referees in the NFL collectively lost their minds.
No, I don't believe that. I just think they are bad at their jobs and most of the time (63%) calls aren't reversed. If I am not mistaken the the officials in New York make the decisions anyways. Dolphins had plenty of chances to win without the refs involvement, they are just a bad team.

Penalties should be reviewable.

The CFL has made penalties reviewable, and it was a great change. There are a lot of things I really like about the CFL: It is a more humble game. By and large, it is still a game about the game, and not about the money that surrounds the game.

Problem is most of those jobs don't have the luxury of replay to fix their mistakes. The fact that these guys made the wrong call on the field in the first place and then upheld it, proves that they aren't even fit to ref middle school football. You can excuse it all you want and no doubt the dolphins shot themselves in the foot all day, but I was in the stadium and that literally sucked the life out of everybody in aqua and orange.

2. Money

I really dont think its money for reasons above, including what we were talking about with college ball.

If you were going to fix a game, particularly an NFL game, it would take ALOT of money, and these refs, even part time, already make ALOT of money.

It would be far easier to fix a college game imo, and we dont see evidence of that occurring despite Lane Kiffin talking about point shaving.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, if there IS something shady going on (outside of refs being blatantly biased for or against certain teams) it would have to come from the top levels of the NFL, ala my off the wall conspiracy theory to make the fins fail to move them to London.

The most likely scenario is that refs just genuinely hate the miami dolphins.

2. Money

Again....who?.......So, you're saying not only were one or more refs paid off but someone in the league office/replay review was also to find a way to screw the dolphins out of the safety call and others. And.....if that were the case, why would they purposely use that non-safety call to be the lynchpin when it could be so clearly looked back at (despite some complaints of non replays of several plays they did replay that one over and over and you had both booth guys AND Mike Pereria saying it was a safety)? Also, there was no way to ensure that would have affected the outcome since, if our D could play at all and stop them, we could've easily got the ball back with enough time for us to go down and score or kick a FG to win it.

That got promoted all the way to the highest level of officiating because they were bad at their jobs?
It happens in a lot of professions. Just look at NFL coaches, they get to the highest level of football and are bad at their jobs. You think once refs make it to the NFL they keep their jobs forever? No, some get replaced for being bad at their jobs.

No, I don't believe that. I just think they are bad at their jobs and most of the time (63%) calls aren't reversed. If I am not mistaken the the officials in New York make the decisions anyways. Dolphins had plenty of chances to win without the refs involvement, they are just a bad team.

Man, I missed the boat on a sweet NFL ref side gig. I didn't know the only job requirement was being inept. Maybe I can send some film into the NFL league office of me making stupid decisions so I can get my foot in the door. My future just got way brighter.

Honestly, hopefully you're right and all of this bad refereeing nonsense is just a coincidence. It won't be helpful for those that like football on Sundays. How many more horribly officiated games do I have to watch before I can safely assume something ****ed up is happening? Been consistently happening since those assholes came back from the strike ... which is suspicious enough as it is.

Penalties should be reviewable.

The CFL has made penalties reviewable, and it was a great change. There are a lot of things I really like about the CFL: It is a more humble game. By and large, it is still a game about the game, and not about the money that surrounds the game.

Totally with ya, but the Safety was reviewed and look where that got us.

I also really hate the fact that we got very few replays of questionable calls during the game. The roughing the kicker flags for one. And on top of it, the media has made no mention of any of this, it just all looks swept under the rug. And honestly, other than us, who actually gives a **** about questionable calls in a Fins v Bucs game?

Back
Top Bottom