That idiotic timeout will haunt me as much as... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That idiotic timeout will haunt me as much as...

ronrevog

Starter
Reaction score
Nick Saban's idiotic "triple pump chump" of the review flag against the steelers...

I am sooo tired of people who keep dwelling on that.

We were ahead in the 4th quarter weren't we?

If anyone is to blame it's the ST coach because they couldn't line up in time. We just had two kicks faked in the jests game. Dwelling on those 4 points when we lost by more than 4 doesn't make any sense.

The Saints had already lined up in a fake kicking formation one time in the 1st half.

If Ginn just makes that ONE catch in the 4th quarter this game would have been ours.

we were down by 6 with 2 mins left to play in the 4th...

if they kick that FG we are only down 2 and a FG wins it, YES IT WAS THE DIFFERENCE...

our play calling is totally different on that last drive, it allows the run to be part of the plan, and we only need the 30 yard line.

The TD instead of a FG before the half changed the momentum. It gave the Saints belief that they were going to be able to come back.

The TD instead of a FG before the half changed the momentum. It gave the Saints belief that they were going to be able to come back.

We were still within a field goal of winning that game before Ginn drops that easy 3rd down pass that hit him in the numbers.

If we had not called a time out who is to say that they don't fake the kick and run it in?

They had already lined up without a kicker on a previous kick.

Nick Saban's idiotic "triple pump chump" of the review flag against the steelers...

Get over it bro.. they were going for it anyway and 99% chance they would have gotten it so GET OVER IT!

We were still within a field goal of winning that game before Ginn drops that easy 3rd down pass that hit him in the numbers.

If we had not called a time out who is to say that they don't fake the kick and run it in?

They had already lined up without a kicker on a previous kick.

I doubt they run a fake on the fly. It's possible, but why run a fake FG when you could just do a QB sneak to pick up half a yard.

When I saw Sparano so enthusiastically jumping to call that time-out I damn near lost my mind. He couldn't get that thing out fast enough - practically saying "hear Saints please talk this over for a few, we don't think three is a good idea."

Even Wannstedt didn't have the wherewithal to call time-out then.

1. they weren't going to fake the fg.
2. if we had tackled better the clock would have ran out before the fg/timeout/sneak anyway.
3. a fan being 'haunted' by football plays is idiotic.

again, calling the TO did not matter as they were going to go for it anyway and they would have gotten it anyway. The TO had no bearing on the outcome of that drive whatsoever

Yeah so what about the other 22 points that were scored in the 4th quarter? Get over yourselves. It was a horrible call but did sparano give up 22 points in the 4th quarter? Didn't think so....

The game falls on the defense for not showing up in the 2nd half. The game also falls on Henning for not utilizing the strength of our offense...the run game. How he can let Henne keep passing while we are ahead except in obvious passing situations is mind boggling.

The question I have is does TS have the ability to call up to Henning and tell him to STOP dialing up passing plays after a few 3 and outs in the 2nd half? If so, WHY DIDN'T HE DO IT??

We all support Sparano here and some can try and defend him on this decision but I won't and neither should you. He said it himself that he ****ed up and that's that. There is plenty of blame to go around and we can sit here and argue over it for hours but in the end it won't matter. I personally blame the refs and dedicated and entire thread to it but in the end we should have won this game.

again, calling the TO did not matter as they were going to go for it anyway and they would have gotten it anyway. The TO had no bearing on the outcome of that drive whatsoever

False. Brees talked Sean Payton into it and if you watch espn you would have seen that bc he's asked about it by Chris Berman.

No one is trying to bash Sparano bc I think the consensus is that he is a good coach. There is no reason to defend him in this instance and that's ok bc coaches make mistakes.

Also, for you to assume they were going to go for it anyway is rediculous. How do you know that when they already had there kicker on the field and have no timeouts left?

Back
Top Bottom