That idiotic timeout will haunt me as much as...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ronrevog, Oct 27, 2009.

1. ronrevog

ronrevog Starter

Nick Saban's idiotic "triple pump chump" of the review flag against the steelers...

2. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

I am sooo tired of people who keep dwelling on that.

We were ahead in the 4th quarter weren't we?

If anyone is to blame it's the ST coach because they couldn't line up in time. We just had two kicks faked in the jests game. Dwelling on those 4 points when we lost by more than 4 doesn't make any sense.

The Saints had already lined up in a fake kicking formation one time in the 1st half.

If Ginn just makes that ONE catch in the 4th quarter this game would have been ours.

3. ronrevog

ronrevog Starter

we were down by 6 with 2 mins left to play in the 4th...

if they kick that FG we are only down 2 and a FG wins it, YES IT WAS THE DIFFERENCE...

our play calling is totally different on that last drive, it allows the run to be part of the plan, and we only need the 30 yard line.

4. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

The TD instead of a FG before the half changed the momentum. It gave the Saints belief that they were going to be able to come back.

5. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

We were still within a field goal of winning that game before Ginn drops that easy 3rd down pass that hit him in the numbers.

If we had not called a time out who is to say that they don't fake the kick and run it in?

They had already lined up without a kicker on a previous kick.

6. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Get over it bro.. they were going for it anyway and 99% chance they would have gotten it so GET OVER IT!

7. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

I doubt they run a fake on the fly. It's possible, but why run a fake FG when you could just do a QB sneak to pick up half a yard.

8. PALMA

PALMA A very famous spit

When I saw Sparano so enthusiastically jumping to call that time-out I damn near lost my mind. He couldn't get that thing out fast enough - practically saying "hear Saints please talk this over for a few, we don't think three is a good idea."

Even Wannstedt didn't have the wherewithal to call time-out then.

9. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

1. they weren't going to fake the fg.
    2. if we had tackled better the clock would have ran out before the fg/timeout/sneak anyway.
    3. a fan being 'haunted' by football plays is idiotic.

10. dolpns13

again, calling the TO did not matter as they were going to go for it anyway and they would have gotten it anyway. The TO had no bearing on the outcome of that drive whatsoever

11. Fish-Head

Fish-Head U made the pudding but forgot the proof.

It won't haunt you anywhere near as much as it will haunt Sparano.

12. BGtoKNfor6

BGtoKNfor6 Where is the reset button?

Yeah so what about the other 22 points that were scored in the 4th quarter? Get over yourselves. It was a horrible call but did sparano give up 22 points in the 4th quarter? Didn't think so....

The game falls on the defense for not showing up in the 2nd half. The game also falls on Henning for not utilizing the strength of our offense...the run game. How he can let Henne keep passing while we are ahead except in obvious passing situations is mind boggling.

The question I have is does TS have the ability to call up to Henning and tell him to STOP dialing up passing plays after a few 3 and outs in the 2nd half? If so, WHY DIDN'T HE DO IT??

13. thekidd

thekidd Rookie

We all support Sparano here and some can try and defend him on this decision but I won't and neither should you. He said it himself that he ****ed up and that's that. There is plenty of blame to go around and we can sit here and argue over it for hours but in the end it won't matter. I personally blame the refs and dedicated and entire thread to it but in the end we should have won this game.

14. thekidd

thekidd Rookie

False. Brees talked Sean Payton into it and if you watch espn you would have seen that bc he's asked about it by Chris Berman.

No one is trying to bash Sparano bc I think the consensus is that he is a good coach. There is no reason to defend him in this instance and that's ok bc coaches make mistakes.

Also, for you to assume they were going to go for it anyway is rediculous. How do you know that when they already had there kicker on the field and have no timeouts left?

15. ronrevog

ronrevog Starter

good point

16. dolpns13

Post game Brees said they were planning on going for it anyways.. so where is my ridiculous assumption..

17. KingNick88

KingNick88 Ray Finkle

I feel like there are other flaws that we need to worry about... not just that timeout.

18. WelcomeBack

WelcomeBack A True Fan

Things happen. You can also say that if Nate Jones doesn't fall on that play, Colston wouldn't have gotten there and there would have been no need for the challenge. Time would have ran out. I sure hope it's not haunting anyone on this team. I hope that everyone has short term memory. Cause as long as they dwell on the Saints game takes time away from preparing for next week.

19. DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler Banned Hammered

It was a 4 freakin point difference!!!! 4 points!!!! It was nothing! Our defense took a dump all over the field. that was the problem. Oh yeah and the fact that our receiver couldnt catch a cold!!!!

20. BGtoKNfor6

BGtoKNfor6 Where is the reset button?

The ONLY reason the Saints went for it was because of the timeout, plain and simple. There is NO way the Saints would have been able to field a formation and run a play with 5 seconds to go and nobody on the field. I am beginning to wonder if they would have been able to get a fg off either.

21. Penny4president

Penny4president Fish no longer FOOD.

The idiotic Ted Ginn Jr will continue to Haunt my dreams forever

22. dolpns13

dont worry, none of us including you will being seeing as much of him as we have in games past thankfully

23. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Sparano didn't call the TO. Crowder did. Sparano's mistake was not overruling it.

24. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

The time out call was idiotic, just like anybody who thinks the saints were going to fake the fg. That dumb move shifted momentum. The coach choked, and the team choked. It takes a full effort to blow a 21 point lead. It was a pathetic performance from the coaches to the players. Lets hope we never see a repeat again. Now onto the hated Jets !!!!!!!!

25. Penny4president

Penny4president Fish no longer FOOD.

Get over it if you dont Stop Hating Saban you wount have room to Hate He who deserves to be hated

Tedd Ginn Jr

26. PB Fin Fan

PB Fin Fan Scout Team

True, and I think he will learn from it. His clock management got better after the Colts game debacle.