The 44th pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 44th pick

Marc790

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Suppose with the 12th pick of the draft, Miami takes Dez Bryant to solve the wide receiver problem - or trades down to take a WR and safety, what would you want to do with the 44th pick?

Idealistically, at this point, QB Tim Tebow is still on the board - and because he'll probably be playing another position other than QB, how would you feel if the team drafted him as a TE?

The general belief in the NFL - Parcells not included, is that a team drafts the best player available, regardless of its needs. Parcells, however, says one has to draft a player who fits, based on a team's needs. That is, one player who is the best available on the board, while desirable, may not be the one the team truly needs.

That said, Miami clearly has a need to improve the tight end position - and if the best player available at 44 is Tebow, who could turn into a tight end, what are your opinions on taking him?

I do believe Te is our biggest offensive need based on the type of offense I know Parcells would like to see us playing. One where the Te gets the ball about 70 times a season. If he could come in here and put up Jason Whitten numbers I don't think anyone would complain about that. But, unless Tebow plays Te in the senior bowl and puts up some outrageous numbers there is no way we draft him in the first three rounds. I would love to have him on our team though, I'm not even a Gators fan but I think there should be a picture of Tim Tebow in the dictionary next to football player.

NO WAY.

we wasted our second pick 2 out of the past 3 years. Why waste it again.

Beck was a bust, as much as I wanted him to succeed. Henne is going well, & White will be a bust too.

Waste another pick on Tebow, (IMO he wont be around by the 44th anyways), no thanks.

realistically Dennis Pitta of BYU is still on the board then and he was a damn good TE in college. I love Tebow as a competitor and leader, but where has he shown he has the SKILLS to be a TE? can he catch? can he block 300 pound D-lineman? can he outrun NFL linebackers? too many questions for my liking when there is talent on the board who CAN do those things.

if we were drafting the BPA ever year we wouldnt have drafted Pat White in the second round last year

We could draft a real TE in the 4th round that could help us before 2012...........Get the point?

If Tebow comes into the draft saying he's going to be a TE in the NFL, he'll be lucky to be drafted before the 5th round.

Right from the top I was thinking Aaron Hernandez.....then I was impressed that someone, other than me, actually thinks the same.

I dont care what anyone says, Aaron Hernandez would be great for us as a pass catching TE. He can be taught the art of blocking as he matures into an elite TE for us, catching balls all day from Henne.

THAT would be my pick 44 asuming the kid comes out this year.

:lol: This is a joke right? I sure hope this ridiculous thread is. Tebow as a TE :lol::lol::lol::lol: Yea forget drafting real TE's like Jimmy Graham or Dennis Pitta when we can just draft Tebow who has shown the skillset of blocking 300 pound lineman, catching passes, running routes. :rolleyes2:

miami dolphin second round qb picks:
2005 aj feeley
2006 culpepper
2007 beck
2008 henne
2009 pat white
NO WAY should we piss away another second rounder on the QB position!

I don't want anyone at #44 because the Dolphins don't pick there.

They pick earlier than 44.

Check the rules and the breakdown of the tie-breakers for subsequent rounds.

If we're looking tight end in round 2, I'm looking towards Anthony McCoy. He's got it all in terms of what you look for, good size and decent speed. Good pass catching and blocking.

Back
Top Bottom