"The Best Home Game In Years".... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The Best Home Game In Years"....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I just wanted to write a quick summary, and comment on how great this victory was for the all of the Phinz fans in attendance....

First off, pulling into the parking gates, I noticed very quickly that there was on overwhelming amount of Patriots fans. I mean there had to be at least 20,000 Patriots fans in attendance yesterday, no lie. They mostly kept to themselves pre-game, and I didn't see much smack talk being thrown around in the parking lot or outside the player entrance. Still, I was shocked at the large number of Pats fans....

The first half of the game was very tight, and the one thing I was noticing more than anything was the lack of open WR's for Brady. He wasn't able to find anyone with any kind of consistancy, and compared to last week against WR M. Jones, the secondary didn't struggle with the size advantage....

Brady was all over the place, and I've never seen him so frustrated. The best thing going for the Pats in first half was the running game, but even so, they weren't getting any real large, significant chunks. Needless to say, going into the half only up by 6, I wasn't very comfortable....

The second half was were the real party started. Uncharacteristic of the Patriots, they came out of the tunnel at halftime looking just as baffled as they were when they went into it. The adjustments made by the Pats staff were a non-factor, and in my opinion they looked even worse. The OL had no answer to the Phinz pass rush.....

On offense, Miami kept it simple, and didn't stray one direction or the other. The run complimented the pass, and vice versa. The OL played extremely well, and that's where everything comes together to make it possible. Harrington made most of the throws, and didn't make any bonehead mistakes throwing into double coverage. No turnovers!!!...:clap:

I have to say the best part of my day, and many of the Phinz fans in attendance, was getting to wish all of the fleeing Patriots fans a nice, long trip back home... :buttkick: :rasp:

We were going nuts yesterday, and I've never felt so invigorated over such a dominating win at home over a division rival like that. It was soooo sweet being able to laugh in their faces, and even though we're likely missing the playoffs, that win / being at the game, literally made my season. A dominating performance in the second half, and in my opinion one of the best home games I've been too in years!!!....:dolphins:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Amen brother, I was there yesterday and had the time of my life! And you're not kidding when you say there was a ton of Pats fans there.. I've never seen so many northerners soo quiet. It was an incredible experience!

BLITZKRIEG said:
I just wanted to write a quick summary, and comment on how great this victory was for the all of the Phinz fans in attendance....

First off, pulling into the parking gates, I noticed very quickly that there was on overwhelming amount of Patriots fans. I mean there had to be at least 20,000 Patriots fans in attendance yesterday, no lie. They mostly kept to themselves pre-game, and I didn't see much smack talk being thrown around in the parking lot or outside the player entrance. Still, I was shocked at the large number of Pats fans....

The first half of the game was very tight, and the one thing I was noticing more than anything was the lack of open WR's for Brady. He wasn't able to find anyone with any kind of consistancy, and compared to last week against WR M. Jones, the secondary didn't struggle with the size advantage....

Brady was all over the place, and I've never seen him so frustrated. The best thing going for the Pats in first half was the running game, but even so, they weren't getting any real large, significant chunks. Needless to say, going into the half only up by 6, I wasn't very comfortable....

The second half was were the real party started. Uncharacteristic of the Patriots, they came out of the tunnel at halftime looking just as baffled as they were when they went into it. The adjustments made by the Pats staff were a non-factor, and in my opinion they looked even worse. The OL had no answer to the Phinz pass rush.....

On offense, Miami kept it simple, and didn't stray one direction or the other. The run complimented the pass, and vice versa. The OL played extremely well, and that's where everything comes together to make it possible. Harrington made most of the throws, and didn't make any bonehead mistakes throwing into double coverage. No turnovers!!!...:clap:

I have to say the best part of my day, and many of the Phinz fans in attendance, was getting to wish all of the fleeing Patriots fans a nice, long trip back home... :buttkick: :rasp:

We were going nuts yesterday, and I've never felt so invigorated over such a dominating win at home over a division rival like that. It was soooo sweet being able to laugh in their faces, and even though we're likely missing the playoffs, that win / being at the game, literally made my season. A dominating performance in the second half, and in my opinion one of the best home games I've been too in years!!!....:dolphins:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Nice post!

It was a great feeling being there and witnessing a good old fashioned arse whipping by the Phins.

Pats fans threw back the old "big deal, it's one game and were going to the playoffs" and their dead on, but it didn't matter to me.

We've had little to be happy about this year so it was quite a bit more than "just one game" for us.

it was great, we dominated

I went to the Viking game but it was nothing compared to what you talked about. A shut-out against a division rival would have been the coolest thing in the world to attend.

Congratulations on witnessing the Brady Boy to go cookoo:goof:

Good post! Watching the game on TV, I could hear the loud roar of Pats fans whenever they got first downs. Good thing we left them with nothing to cheer about.

As a season ticket holder I was there and I have to say it was by far the most fans of an opposing team this year......I expected many fans but it was insane....id give it like a 3 or 4 fin fans for every 1 pats fan.....our group is always very rowdy in sec 122.....and this was close to the craziest we've been......couple pats fans got pissed but it didnt matter.....now we beat buffalo and the jets and ill be in cloud 9.....

and to the players and coaches----heck of a game out there.....execution and play calling was great on both sides of the ball.....

I have been to pretty much every home game over the past 2 years, and though this was such a great win, I do not think there was any game better when we came back and beat Buffalo in the 4th quarter last year. That was by far the best game I have ever been to and it will take the best game in the world to top that one.

trate121hb said:
As a season ticket holder I was there and I have to say it was by far the most fans of an opposing team this year......I expected many fans but it was insane....id give it like a 3 or 4 fin fans for every 1 pats fan.....our group is always very rowdy in sec 122.....and this was close to the craziest we've been......couple pats fans got pissed but it didnt matter.....now we beat buffalo and the jets and ill be in cloud 9.....

and to the players and coaches----heck of a game out there.....execution and play calling was great on both sides of the ball.....

I hope it wasnt worse then the Green Bay game. I was there and was very disappointed by being surrounded by those hicks

SpurzN703 said:
I hope it wasnt worse then the Green Bay game. I was there and was very disappointed by being surrounded by those hicks

Nice.....

Like to hear what you'd say about them if they made some comment about being surrounded by Miami "Ghetto" fans. You guys would be having a hissy fit. Glaring example of the double standard of PC today.

Was at the Green Bay game and all of the ones near me seemed to be very cool.
In addition one of my best friends wife and her whole family are GB fans.
They've come down for every game that GB has played here and all of them showed nothing but class.

Nice descrpition of events from yesterday.

I watched the game at home and I thought to myself, this is/was a statement game for sure.

We just held Tom brady under 100 yards???? No one does that!

I just hope we can get 1 more good year out of Zach and JT, because I really do beleive 2007 is going to be a special year for fin fans!

I will be at Buffalo this wknd I am hope we can crush the bills!

SpurzN703 said:

What a sad sad post...I've been to two games in Lambeau field and was treated with nothing but respect. Even though the Packers lost both games, their fans thanked us for traveling so far to come to their stadium.

I was with other fans on here during the game and listening on NFL Field pass and i commented that i cudnt believe the cheering when the Pats got that TD before it was called back on a penalty. It sounded like a home game!! 20,000 away fans you say? wow. Thats alot of travelling.

Trekbiz said:
Nice.....

Like to hear what you'd say about them if they made some comment about being surrounded by Miami "Ghetto" fans. You guys would be having a hissy fit. Glaring example of the double standard of PC today.

Nice, just like you lumped together Miami Dolphin fans and their reaction to such a statement. By the way how did you come up with Ghetto fans as an example.

Nice post Blitz.

Back
Top Bottom