The Biggest Difference Between JF and AJF... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Biggest Difference Between JF and AJF...

enigmatics said:
C'mon man.............seriously, you can't even begin to compare the two situations to each other. You said it yourself, Feeley wasn't even our QB at the time and the team you were watching was the Eagles - not the Fins. And I'm supremely sure if this were two years ago you could've cared less because you would've been watching AJ Feely the 3rd stringer who was trying to help salvage the season till McNabb could come back, not AJ Feeley future Miami Dolphin.

That nervous feeling you speak of, I pretty much got that with every QB who's ever taken a snap for us when Danny wasn't in there........correction, most QB's. Scott Mitchell, Damon Huard, Brian Griese, Jay Fiedler, Doug Peterson, you name it. The only two who get a pass were Steve DeBerg and Bernie Kosar because they were proven veterans.

I just think we're taking pre-training camp comparisons way to far when we're going out on a limb examining how we feel about watching AJ playing for the Eagles and then contrasting it with how you feel when you watch Fiedler.

Perfectly said. To even label this thread "the difference" is pure nonsense.

sorry this is off topic!

how do i get a pic in my signature i keep copying the address and pasting an image in and it wont let me! the pic is always blank with the little x thingy

rickeyrunsover said:
You're kidding me right? Wow not only are you smarter than every GM in the league, you actually know Infins better than he knows himself, wow who would have known, thanks for clearing that up. Hey you obviously dont read much do you? A) InFins got tapes from those gam,es and re watched them as an interested fin fan. B) what diff does whop he played for inregards to how he played? Get real and get informed.

Yea and you get a dictionary...please :roflmao:

inFINSible said:
It's no sign whatsoever, IMO....In game situations in an offense that he knew, he did fine. That's all I need to know.

Yea thats why he threw more Int's then TD's in those games right?

Yea he did perfectly fine!

PhinPhreak said:
I have no idea if AJ will be the man or not, I do have to add however, I saw all the games that AJ played at the time they were being played, and I remember thinking at that time I don't see what all the fuss is that was being made about him, he in my opinion hasd done nothing spectalular.

How this will equate to him as the starting QB for the Fins I will wait before I make a final opinion.

Just to add a player that I was impressed with was Kelly Holcomb I think he had a good pocket pressance and was very cool under pressure. He played a hell of a game in the playoffs against the Steelers. But Holcomb isn't the Fins QB so I guess that statement was pointless.

Lets just all hope that AJ can bring better QB play to the Fins then what they have had recently.

My thoughts exactly.

Its funny when we first acquired this guy it was "AJ Who?"

Now it seems in a act to show "Dolphin Patriotism" so to speak, people are blindly putting their faith in this kid.

I mean we all know his numbers, we all know what his status on his old team was, we all know how many games he played in college.

ITS NOTHING SPECTACULAR NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.

But yet there are so many who think this guy has surpassed Fiedler that the starting job should just be handed over.

Its pathetic.

rickeyrunsover said:
You're kidding me right? Wow not only are you smarter than every GM in the league, you actually know Infins better than he knows himself, wow who would have known, thanks for clearing that up. Hey you obviously dont read much do you? A) InFins got tapes from those gam,es and re watched them as an interested fin fan. B) what diff does whop he played for inregards to how he played? Get real and get informed.

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Where was I trying to tell him how he feels?

I was saying that the comparison of the nervous feeling he got when watching Jay Fiedler drop back to pass, but he doesn't get it watching the tapes of the 5 games he played in for the Eagles is a bad one. It's strictly this Fiedler/Feeley perception bandwagon. Watching him on tape playing for an entirely different team is a completely different experience than the one he's going to have watching Feely play for us when he gets in finally. I'm sure every Fin fan will be nervous the first time Feeley gets into a game and throws a pass for us. How could you not be? The whopping grand total of 5 games he got into for the Eagles where he game managed are not enough for me to feel otherwise. Think Giants fans will be nervous for Manning? Think Charger fans will feel nervous for Rivers? That's just common sense.

DolFinatic718 said:
My thoughts exactly.

Now it seems in a act to show "Dolphin Patriotism" so to speak, people are blindly putting their faith in this kid.

I mean we all know his numbers, we all know what his status on his old team was, we all know how many games he played in college.

ITS NOTHING SPECTACULAR NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.

But yet there are so many who think this guy has surpassed Fiedler that the starting job should just be handed over.

Its pathetic.
The only thing pathetic is your complete whiff on reality.

No where have I said he should be handed the starting job, as a matter of fact I can show you quotes where I have praised Wannstedt for NOT handing him the starting job.

The only thing I have said is that he will win the starting job eventually.

I don't know why it bothers you so much that I believe that. You seem to go out of your way to try and sway my opinion to your viewpoint everytime I mention anything good about AJ. Don't feel so threatened, I'm only one man with my own opinion, it's not like I can change the outcome whatever it may be.....plus, it's not like anything you say is going to change my mind anyway.

So, if you can't stand to hear it, I'd say either put me on your ignore list or keep wasting your time trying to change my opinion, but at least try and keep it real.

inFINSible said:
The only thing pathetic is your complete whiff on reality.

No where have I said he should be handed the starting job, as a matter of fact I can show you quotes where I have praised Wannstedt for NOT handing him the starting job.

The only thing I have said is that he will win the starting job eventually.

I don't know why it bothers you so much that I believe that. You seem to go out of your way to try and sway my opinion to your viewpoint everytime I mention anything good about AJ. Don't feel so threatened, I'm only one man with my own opinion, it's not like I can change the outcome whatever it may be.....plus, it's not like anything you say is going to change my mind anyway.

So, if you can't stand to hear it, I'd say either put me on your ignore list or keep wasting your time trying to change my opinion, but at least try and keep it real.

:eek:
Yo I know you are not talking to me. Where in my reply did I even mention your name?

I agreed with the post that I qouted and simply stated the general view point of alot of people that Feeley is just that damn good. But nowhere did I single out anyone, not even you.

So again tell me why you took my post so personally?

And whiff on reality? Yo you can not be serious

Enlighten me please, keep me intune with reality here, please, because I must be missing it somewhere.

inFINSible said:
When Jay drops back to pass, even if you like the guy, you have to admit that your breathing stops just a little bit, until the play is over. It's always in the back of your mind that this pass may go the other way. It's never a fun feeling. Especially when he winds up and lets loose a rainbow the likes of which Key West has never seen.
When Feeley dropped back,it was different, I found myself hoping that he was going long. Probably because I wanted to see him do it for evaluation purposes but, the more I saw him complete these passes, the more confidence I had that he was going to give me something good to write

Great post man, Everything you said I agree with 100%, Everytime Jay dropped back last year, I felt that nervousness you were talking about (except for the dallas game of course :D ) that he was going screw us over and flutter a pass like he did in that snowy game aganist buffalo two years ago.

I hope I feel that positive confidence about AJ though, that would be an awsome feeling

Fiedler - :whew:

bobdroopy said:
Great post man, Everything you said I agree with 100%, Everytime Jay dropped back last year, I felt that nervousness you were talking about (except for the dallas game of course :D ) that he was going screw us over and flutter a pass like he did in that snowy game aganist buffalo two years ago.

I hope I feel that positive confidence about AJ though, that would be an awsome feeling

Fiedler - :whew:

BS :roflmao:

DolFinatic718 said:

AJ "WHO"? You mean the arguably the best story in the NFL in 2002?
McNabb goes down, then dytmer goes down, and they put in 3rd String QB in a hostile city of Philly that leads them to the playoffs? This guy is known, You must have been sleeping that year or something

Earlier this season when Philly was 0 - 2 the eagles entire sadium was chanting for feely to go in. Maybe its just me but it seems like Feely isnt as unknown as some people think he is.

Juice_56 said:
how do i get a pic in my signature i keep copying the address and pasting an image in and it wont let me! the pic is always blank with the little x thingy

i sent yuo a PM, see if that helps

DolFinatic718 said:
:eek:
Yo I know you are not talking to me. Where in my reply did I even mention your name?

I agreed with the post that I qouted and simply stated the general view point of alot of people that Feeley is just that damn good. But nowhere did I single out anyone, not even you.

So again tell me why you took my post so personally?

And whiff on reality? Yo you can not be serious

Enlighten me please, keep me intune with reality here, please, because I must be missing it somewhere.
Yeah, I am talking to you and because I started this thread about this subject I felt like you were talking about me.

You want to call people pathetic for their beliefs and then act surprised when someone takes offense??....Think about that for a second.

If I said it was pathetic that some people still think that Jay is a starting caliber QB, you'd take offense to that wouldn't you?

Same thing.

Back
Top Bottom