The Case for Brandon Weeden | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Case for Brandon Weeden

What about him do you think makes him not NFL ready??

IMO, he is as NFL ready as any QB I've seen recent years. Probably more NFL ready because of age,maturity, and excellent leadership qualities.

He finished his degree in 2010. He will have a full offseason to work on transitioning to the pro game.

Nope, can't agree at all that he isn't NFL ready. In fact I would indeed say the opposite would be true in Weeden's case.

Exactly. Weeden has made every throw out of the OSU offense and has shown the power, accuracy and touch to make any NFL throw. He's a class act and is as NFL ready as any Qb out there. As to his playing in the shotgun- he'll be doing quite a bit of theat in the pros and I have no reason to believe that he'll have any problem dropping back in the pocket, that's an overblown issue imo. He's good to go.

When I say NFL ready, I mean he's not going to come in and light up the world in his rookie year. Just about every QB takes a year or two to acclimate. Most take 3 or 4. He's going to be 29 soon. He doesn't have time to acclimate.

well sure, hardly does a rookie QB light it up, but you can still be effective and win with them. look no further than Cincinnati. Dalton was in no way, shape or form a better QB prospect than Weeden is and yet they made the play-offs.

When I say NFL ready, I mean he's not going to come in and light up the world in his rookie year. Just about every QB takes a year or two to acclimate. Most take 3 or 4. He's going to be 29 soon. He doesn't have time to acclimate.

Look at Andy Dalton and Cam Newton this year. Even if Weeden has to endure a break in process his first year, that's fine. That would give him 7 years after his rookie year before he turns 37. Everyone who likes Weeden would prefer that he's 21, but there's no helping that. He is, easily, the closest thing to Andrew Luck out there. Quite frankly, age aside, I might prefer Weeden because he has a better arm. A QB of Weeden's talent for 7-8 years would be a welcome sight to this crapfest of an organization. They should have given Fisher control over Jeff Ireland, who is a decent GM but also kind of a jerk. This franchise has screwed the pooch consistently since Don Shula was unceremoniously dumped. If he was a few years younger I'd say bring him back- you never know how much you'll miss someone until they're gone. Shula was flawed, especially in personnel matters, but he also got screwed out of Bobby Beathard, George Young, Ted Hendricks, Warfield/Czonka/Kiick, etc. The Dolphins could use a dose of "cult of personality'- get a big name, alpha dog head coach in there and have Ireland- or some other GM- answer to him. That and drafting Weeden would go a long, long way to restroring this franchise imo.

[video=youtube;iZW9718-6JU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZW9718-6JU[/video]

The glaring WEAKNESSES.................. Brandon Weeden..... :lol:

That whole clip was some funny **** WV. Anyone else hoping this guy makes another video next week if they should lose their game.

Back
Top Bottom