The case for Chase Allen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The case for Chase Allen

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
I was watching the game last night and watching a big, fast, kid flying all over the field. They played him at multiple lb positions all night and was probably the reason he had the team high 6-7 tackles in the game. That hit he laid on the receiver looked clean and hard. I'm really rooting for this kid to make the team.

We need the help, but from what I saw he needs to learn proper tackling technique. It doesn't do you any good to get there only to have the TE stiff arm you and run for 8 yards and the 1st down.

He did badly miss 1 tackle. But otherwise had a very good night. He has potential

I agree with all the comments, he's still young and has plenty of potential and upside. Scared if they put him on the PS he'll get poached.

For an UDFA, he has impressed me. Good size and mobility.

I forgot to look out for him on STs. Has he made any plays on the Kickoff/punt units?

Would think he has a good shot of making the 53 if he isn't a trainwreck on STs, and with the injuries to Misi and McMillan

Chase Allen will be on the 53. No question

Ironically Ck and a few of the other top Fins twitrer follows thought he was awful and that thr top 2 udfa are Eric and Maurice Smith
I respect and agree with Cks analysis on a lot of things but I disagree with him on Allen. Kid plays his heart out and was everywhere last night.

Ironically Ck and a few of the other top Fins twitrer follows thought he was awful and that thr top 2 udfa are Eric and Maurice Smith
I said from day 1 Eric Smith and Chase Allen. Not sure about Maurice

They both had good games I thought also.

We don't have an answer at MlB. Well we might but he is on IR and as much as we want to be in nickel the smarter teams will force us to play base and attack us with the run. The DL must be stout.

He impressed aside from one bad play, but he's a backup/special teamer in this league. He has potential, but how much? IMO, we only have two quality backers on this team with McMillan out.... And that's a huge problem.

He impressed aside from one bad play, but he's a backup/special teamer in this league. He has potential, but how much? IMO, we only have two quality backers on this team with McMillan out.... And that's a huge problem.
I would disagree if you are suggesting Hull isn't a quality player. Hull isn't bad

Eric Smith was the best UDFA last night. I'd like to see him get a shot over Young for swing tackle. Allen looked good early, but faded badly. But he has an intriguing combo of size and speed to me. I'd guess he lands on the practice squad, but wouldn't be totally shocked if he made the 53. What is the story with the guard Jesse Davis? He started at LG last night, and one site noted he started the first preseason game as well. He ended with a bad PFF grade for yesterday, and didn't look good against the 2s and 3s, but played well on the first two drive. He was the guard (#77) that pulled and sprung Ajayi of the big run that got called back. Seemed to move really well out in space, and also looks plenty strong, but later in the game seemed to struggle inline. I'm just curious as to why he's starting these games. Doesn't bode very well for Steen IMHO if this guy has a leg up on him along with Brendel and obviously Asiata for an interior position.

Eric Smith was the best UDFA last night. I'd like to see him get a shot over Young for swing tackle. Allen looked good early, but faded badly. But he has an intriguing combo of size and speed to me. I'd guess he lands on the practice squad, but wouldn't be totally shocked if he made the 53. What is the story with the guard Jesse Davis? He started at LG last night, and one site noted he started the first preseason game as well. He ended with a bad PFF grade for yesterday, and didn't look good against the 2s and 3s, but played well on the first two drive. He was the guard (#77) that pulled and sprung Ajayi of the big run that got called back. Seemed to move really well out in space, and also looks plenty strong, but later in the game seemed to struggle inline. I'm just curious as to why he's starting these games. Doesn't bode very well for Steen IMHO if this guy has a leg up on him along with Brendel and obviously Asiata for an interior position.
I believe Steen started. Davis did come in pretty early though

Back
Top Bottom