The Center Debate | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Center Debate

I think the fact that Miami hasn't looked to extend him yet, might support your notion.

Where do you think he ranks among the 32 starting centers? Is he middle of the pack, or somewhat lower?
Somewhat lower. Twenties. I definitely think we can draft a better replacement second or third round. With all our picks I'm down. First and second lb and guys that score. Then add a center. Our line is ready to go for years.

Somewhat lower. Twenties. I definitely think we can draft a better replacement second or third round. With all our picks I'm down. First and second lb and guys that score. Then add a center. Our line is ready to go for years.
I think this is a good year to upgrade at center. I do worry a bit about having such a young offensive line, but it could work.

Davis is a good vet to have there, even if his role ends up being a backup.

I think this is a good year to upgrade at center. I do worry a bit about having such a young offensive line, but it could work.

Davis is a good vet to have there, even if his role ends up being a backup.
I think its awesome to get a young line built with a rookie qb. I've always had Davis slated as 6th man. We paid him as such and I was okay with it. But always stressed he is not a starter. I want Davenport off this team. Get a 7th for him. Then develop the next batch with Dieter as next man up.

I don't think I would be drafting a Center in Round 1 this year.

Even if the board falls that way, which i doubt we will see a situation where the BPA at Miami's pick is Center.

There are some good 2nd-3rd round options, although Dickerson's injury might make him a redshirt type rookie.

It might make him a later round steal too.

I think I might re up Karras for one year and also draft one.

Josh Myers is my favorite center in this draft at the moment. I can always change my mind later.

I think I might re up Karras for one year and also draft one.
This keeps getting posted. What makes you think TK will sign a 1 year deal?

Pure wishful thinking to me.

This keeps getting posted. What makes you think TK will sign a 1 year deal?

Pure wishful thinking to me.
I don't think he has played well enough to have tons of offers coming his way.

That and the Cap being lower than usual should limit his opportunities for a long term deal.

And if he leaves he should not be all that hard to replace.

I don't think he has played well enough to have tons of offers coming his way.

That and the Cap being lower than usual should limit his opportunities for a long term deal.

And if he leaves he should not be all that hard to replace.
The fact that if he leaves he won't be hard to replace is why I want to draft a center.

TK turned down more money for more years to sign a 1 year deal with us. I do not in one second believe he is going to sign another 1 year deal. He will now look for long term security.

You've got to have all sorts of contingency plans.

I'd imagine that Miami can get Devonta Smith with that Houston pick if they want him. But with that second pick in the 1st round, I would have my eyes on Najee Harris and Zaven Collins, but don't have a lot of faith that we'll actually get a crack at either one. That's where you start looking at a Creed Humphrey as a backup plan.

And I wouldn't necessarily give Karras the boot. He's been playing pretty well, IMO. And I think he's developing some chemistry with Tua, despite a few bad snaps. I don't know that breaking in a rookie Center is the right thing for Tua when he's so young, anyway. You'd like to have veteran eyes ID'ing and calling out the blitz looks while Tua is still young. I think Humphrey could easily slide in at LG or RG, wherever you need him. Options are good to have.

You've got to have all sorts of contingency plans.

I'd imagine that Miami can get Devonta Smith with that Houston pick if they want him. But with that second pick in the 1st round, I would have my eyes on Najee Harris and Zaven Collins, but don't have a lot of faith that we'll actually get a crack at either one. That's where you start looking at a Creed Humphrey as a backup plan.

And I wouldn't necessarily give Karras the boot. He's been playing pretty well, IMO. And I think he's developing some chemistry with Tua, despite a few bad snaps. I don't know that breaking in a rookie Center is the right thing for Tua when he's so young, anyway. You'd like to have veteran eyes ID'ing and calling out the blitz looks while Tua is still young. I think Humphrey could easily slide in at LG or RG, wherever you need him. Options are good to have.
I'm hoping Miami ends up picking near the bottom of round one. If that's the case, Collins will likely be long gone.

I think Harris and Humphrey could be in play in that range. I'd be thrilled with Smith at 1a.

Like your idea of keeping Karras with a young quarterback. I think Karras has been decent, but we continually hear positives on his leadership etc.

This is a solid draft for centers. I don’t think any are first rounders and I think we can pick one late 2nd into the 3rd and still get a good one. I’d still like to resign Karras on a 2 year deal if possible.

Back
Top Bottom