The Elite Debate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Elite Debate

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Hard to predict in the NFL compared to the NBA, but who is most likely ro emerge as an elite player from this draft, five or more years down the line?

My three...Sewell, Smith and Pitts.

Chase could, as well as one or more of the quarterbacks. That's a hard call, though. Lawrence is almost assuredly going to Jacksonville. That's a tough challenge.

Most likely someone, not drafted in round one could hold the elite title down the line. Who do you think?

A few from outside the 1st Round, who could fit the bill if put in the right situation, have good health and grow up (if any previous off field issues).

Pat Freiermuth
Kenneth Gainwell
Landon Dickerson
Justin Hilliard

Agree with the 3 players you listed, with Sewell on the bubble. Not a lot of blue chippers in this draft. Slater looks like he could be if he ends up playing OG. Some of the safeties look interesting, will be lookin at them this week hopefully.

Sewell for sure... easily the best prospect in this draft.

Parsons, Chase, and Lawrence would be in my next tier.

Waddle maybe as a pure slot.

You listed Sewell, Smith, Pitts

Add Parsons, Waddle, Lawrence from round 1

After round 1:
Rondale Moore - WR
Pat Freiermuth - TE
Jevon Holland - S

I think Rousseau could end up being an elite pass rusher
As UM fan I dont like Rousseau as much as others.
He is not a natural outside rusher, he recorded a lot of sacks when UM put him in a 0 tech on pass downs.

He is raw his best asset as of now is he is relentless but I envision he will struggle at the next level early and maybe never discover it.

A bigger Charles Harris.

I seem to like Jalen Phillips better as a DE/OLB but I'm not sky high on him.

He is not a natural outside rusher, he recorded a lot of sacks when UM put him in a 0 tech on pass downs.

He is raw his best asset as of now is he is relentless but I envision he will struggle at the next level early and maybe never discover it.

A bigger Charles Harris.

I agree, and if we go defense at 18 I am looking at Collins or Owusu unless Parsons falls who would immediately be a steal

A bigger Charles Harris.

Let make a bet

Pitts in the first round. One of the running backs after the first round.
I was going to list Harris or Williams at running back, but typically their careers are so short. I do think those two have the best chance.

I haven't yet come up with the middle or late rounder, who could be elite. Maybe one of the receivers?

I think Rousseau could end up being an elite pass rusher
I think he's one of the toughest evaluations. Could be great, could be out of the league quickly. Rousseau is one of those who really could have benefited from playing this year, but I can't hold that against anyone.

The guy was a beast from the first day he stepped on the field as a freshmen.
Unblockable and I believe he had 4 sacks in his very first scrimmage at the U.
6'7" and played safety (speed and range) in HS at 220 but now is over 260
He really only played 3/4 of one season not starting until the 4th game and still got 14 plus sacks.
Yea as noted he got many sacks lining up over the center as interior linemen were no match for his quickness

My point is with his natural ability and NFL coaching the sky is the limit in my humble opinion
The comparison to Charles Harris is crazy

The guy was a beast from the first day he stepped on the field as a freshmen.
Unblockable and I believe he had 4 sacks in his very first scrimmage at the U.
6'7" and played safety (speed and range) in HS at 220 but now is over 260
He really only played 3/4 of one season not starting until the 4th game and still got 14 plus sacks.
Yea as noted he got many sacks lining up over the center as interior linemen were no match for his quickness

My point is with his natural ability and NFL coaching the sky is the limit in my humble opinion
The comparison to Charles Harris is crazy
I think Flores could bring out the best in him.

I do wonder what the year off will mean for some of these players. My guess is that contending teams will veer towards players who didn't opt out.

Back
Top Bottom