The Fall of the Miami Dolphins: Can They Rebuild with Current Group? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fall of the Miami Dolphins: Can They Rebuild with Current Group?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Kirby Lee – US PRESSWIRE

After five consecutive playoff appearances, the Miami Dolphins have made it to the playoffs just once since 2001. Since Dan Marino’s retirement in 1999, the Dolphins haven’t had an elite quarterback to lead them. The rushing game has been a patchwork job from mediocre players like Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown, with Wildcat formation trickery. It’s been a long and steady decline since Marino retired, but things finally appear to be turning around for the Miami Dolphins as a franchise.
Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/...build-with-current-group/?maQ5bWQRuHuptKae.99

What the crap is this guy smokin? Ricky had one of the best years for a running back in nfl history? Mediocre? Lost all credibility if he had any to begin with.

well i know it's not popular history but at the beginning of his career ronnie brown was a top5 back. Then the injury bug hit him, but i dont think he was mediocre.

rantsports... the site which makes bleacher report look professional.

well i know it's not popular history but at the beginning of his career ronnie brown was a top5 back. Then the injury bug hit him, but i dont think he was mediocre.
Ronnie Brown had brief flashes of being a top 5 back. He was never able to maintain it for even a season. He was a horrible pick at #2, though he does look better in comparison to the other running backs this team has drafted since 2005 (I'd take Ronnie Brown over Daniel Thomas any day of the week, but at least Thomas wasn't drafted at the top of the first round).

I stopped reading at Ricky williams mediocre
Would you say that Ricky had a great Dolphins career? I wouldn't.

He was a 'potential' phin from 2002-2010, and in those 9 years had two really noteworthy seasons (one amazing, one very good - 2002 and 2003). After that, when he was playing he was a solid guy. I think the article is just referencing his unreliability (missing 3 seasons) and the fact that his overall production probably didn't equal the four draft picks we paid for him (including 2 firsts). All things considered, I could see why the article would call his career mediocre.

Regardless of how well Miami did with Ricky on the team, he was still a premiere runningback. He was drafted high by the Saints and traded for a bevy of picks for a reason. It wasn't his fault we didn't have enough talent and good coaching around him. I only wish he played when Marino was playing. We went through somewhere around 15 runningbacks during Marino's tenure. Imagine Ricky in Marino's backfield.

Ricky Williams may have had his problems off the field, but he was by NO MEANS a mediocre player. Can they build on this current group? I'd say the fact that this group contended for a better part of the year under a rookie quarterback with no real playmakers at WR, and an "OK at best" offensive line, yes, I think it is safe to say we can build with this group.

Ronnie Brown had brief flashes of being a top 5 back. He was never able to maintain it for even a season. He was a horrible pick at #2, though he does look better in comparison to the other running backs this team has drafted since 2005 (I'd take Ronnie Brown over Daniel Thomas any day of the week, but at least Thomas wasn't drafted at the top of the first round).

Lol we could have had ****ing Aaron Rodgers.

Lol we could have had ****ing Aaron Rodgers.

The fact that people are so hung up over Matt Ryan when we could have had Rodgers baffles me :idk: Injury aside Long has played liked a first overall pick, at the time Long over Ryan made sense but imagine what would have happened if we had taken Rodgers, Ryan is a good QB but Rodgers will go down as one of the best of all time when he retires.

Back
Top Bottom