The Fall of the Miami Dolphins: Can They Rebuild with Current Group? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fall of the Miami Dolphins: Can They Rebuild with Current Group?

The fact that people are so hung up over Matt Ryan when we could have had Rodgers baffles me :idk: Injury aside Long has played liked a first overall pick, at the time Long over Ryan made sense but imagine what would have happened if we had taken Rodgers, Ryan is a good QB but Rodgers will go down as one of the best of all time when he retires.

Agreed. I guess you're just gonna have to take my word for it when it comes to this cuz I have no way of actually proving it, but I really thought Rodgers was the best player in that draft and I had no clue why San Fran liked Alex Smith better. Obviously we were one of many teams to pass on Rodgers but he has more than proved to everyone how stupid that was.

The fact that people are so hung up over Matt Ryan when we could have had Rodgers baffles me :idk: Injury aside Long has played liked a first overall pick, at the time Long over Ryan made sense but imagine what would have happened if we had taken Rodgers, Ryan is a good QB but Rodgers will go down as one of the best of all time when he retires.

In retrospect both choices were mistakes. I dont agree that Long has played like the first overall pick because the last two years he hasnt, not even close. with all out cap space it would be an easy decision if he had played so well, there is no doubt that Atlanta will be keeping Ryan around for a long time. As for Rodgers very few people on this board were fascinated with Rodgers in that draft and I actually got in many arguements about Rodgers as our possible pick over a guy that wasnt even a full time starter in college. Both drafts illustrate that u dont take Rb's and OL over qb when u have a need for one.

The four most important people in an NFL franchise are the owner, GM, head coach and QB (not necessarily in that order). You need at least TWO of those to be top-notch for a team to be successful, and we really don't even have one. The best that can be said for any of ours is "The jury is still out"...

In retrospect both choices were mistakes. I dont agree that Long has played like the first overall pick because the last two years he hasnt, not even close. with all out cap space it would be an easy decision if he had played so well, there is no doubt that Atlanta will be keeping Ryan around for a long time. As for Rodgers very few people on this board were fascinated with Rodgers in that draft and I actually got in many arguements about Rodgers as our possible pick over a guy that wasnt even a full time starter in college. Both drafts illustrate that u dont take Rb's and OL over qb when u have a need for one.
Exactly-- just because the Long pick wasn't as egregiously wrong as the Brown pick doesn't mean that the Long pick was a good one. If he really were a Hall of Fame tackle as his supporters used to claim, then there'd be no doubt that he'd be resigned. The fact that the team is most likely going to let him walk, getting nothing in return, is a sure sign that it was foolish to spend the top pick on him.

Back
Top Bottom