The Final 53: Who's in, who's out, and the odds for each player | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Final 53: Who's in, who's out, and the odds for each player

I know I was just gonna say that DNY. The whole Mawae having Zach's goat thing is probably based on media observations of like 2 or 3 plays, from 2 or 3 years ago. And then from there we've yet to beat the Jets, so automatically its "Zach Thomas tends to have trouble with the quicker centers in the league like Kevin Mawae" year in and year out. Funny thing is when I'm watchin the games, I don't see any **** like that. Yeah Mawae escapes out to get a chip on Zach sometimes, but Zach is still probably one of the most if not THE most instinctive MLB in all of football.

His declines are always directly related to his health. He was probably less than 50% in that game against the Ravens, but the bottom line is, when we're in the playoffs, do you trust Zach Thomas with a few bum wheels or do you trust Tommy Hendricks the special teams maven (see Larry Izzo and his disasterous starts in place of Zach). This is why we need a 7th LBer who is actually talented and capable of taking over the MLB position for Zach so that we HAVE the option of resting Zach and getting him healthy. Scott Galyon could be that, I've been impressed with him in the past, but during the Ravens game he was replacing an injured Derrick Rodgers.

Back
Top Bottom