The infamous tuck rule revisted... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The infamous tuck rule revisted...

I believe the refs also made a mistake stopping the clock on Gibens nice one handed catch at the 45 sec mark. He caught he ball and landed inbounds while being touched by a defender.

This.

This was a HUGE missed call. The only way it would have made sense to rule it a catch AND a stopped clock was if he caught it, landed in bounds, then slid out. Carroll CLEARLY made contact with him on the way down.

If the clock is running there it changes the last-minute drive entirely. I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up much.

On the play that the WR fumbled, I believe the Ref stated that the WR did not make a second football move after catching it. WTF?

On the play that the WR fumbled, I believe the Ref stated that the WR did not make a second football move after catching it. WTF?

But it was ruled it was a fumble right?

Assuming on further overview, it was ruled it was not a football move and not a fumble, would it not be just an incomplete pass and no gain?

He clearly made a football move and fumbled the ball, and its not me, its what was ruled a fumble on the field.

Correction, if there is no football move, then its an complete pass, right?

d-1

But here's the thing or my main issue. The only time that rule was ever applied was during that infamous Patriots - Raiders game, which in my opinion, the Raiders were the better team and that ridiculous call gave the Patriots a chance to tie the game and ultimately win it, had the call upheld the Raiders would have simply ran the clock out. This sort of absolute b.s. call has to be devastating to a teams history, let alone the integrity of the game. The Raiders clearly won that game against the Patriots, but the refs gave them a new life, so-to-speak.

In all my years of watching football, I had never heard of that call, ever being called, no sense then, but its been called 5X since then?

A tuck rule?

That's why I feel the NFL is tied to gambling because it makes no sense to me.

Why would you protect a QB trying to tuck it away anyway?

Why not protect a receiver or a running back catching a pass, or yet a defensive back making a pick and coughing it up?

I truly believe that NFL games are rigged to align with the point spread, I just cant prove it.

Also the bounty rule, during the infamous Cincy - Pitt playoff game when Carson Palmer and his team were hot, and Pitts defensive player deliberately rolled into Carson's knee (5 secs after play was blown dead), is a clear indication that bounty's existed, which for all intent and purpose, caused me to be banned from the D.D. forum when I raised the issue then, but which clearly proved my point today, that some teams play dirty and beyond the rules.

Why would USC be stripped of a title. when Bill Belichick was clearly caught cheating and yet still given the 16-0 regular season record?

When anyone can explain the above to me, I may respect the NFL again. But I truly believe the games are rigged to match the point spread on most games.

d-1
I understand your frustration. I just don't think it's as cut-and-dry as "rigged." I simply think calls are padded towards the spread and the NFL's marketability.

The three biggest issues for me are discretionary calls, unchallengeable calls, and lack of direct accountability.

1. Today the announcers discussed the hands-to-the-face of the QB now being a "discretionary" call by refs. This is so dangerous IMO, and I feel like it's also the way the league has gone with holding penalties. These are the kind of penalties that refs can A) at their discretion, use to ice an offense's momentum, and B) use as a "balancing" call against a team they just awarded a shoddy call to.

2. Unchallengeable calls. Why? False P.I. gets called all the time. Real P.I. gets missed all the time. We're already stopping the game for other BS, why is this call different from all other calls? (That's right I went Passover on that ****)

3. Lack of direct accountability. I think the NFL needs to reformat the way it does reviews under the hood. I think every ref should go under different hoods and each ref should come up with their own impression. Majority rules, with each ref's name being associated with their decision. It gives fans a better perspective on how calls can be split decisions, and it will put refs on the spot to stamp their name on their decision. Even though baseball has limited replay ability, umps do have direct accountability for most calls, as opposed to a centralized ruling Steratore mofo, whose earpiece is a direct line to the offices of Goodell and Vegas.

I guess quarterbacks literally have to stand there for 3 solid seconds after bringing the ball back down. The tuck rule is horrible, but I bet ol Gene gotta hardon when he saw it under the hood.

It's the Ref he SUCKS same Ref from the Pitt game couple years ago, I really do think he hates the Dolphins

Maybe we should bring back the replacement refs, at least they had an excuse for sucking.

How was that a fumble when Rivers arm was clearly moving forward, but Cam Wake gets screwed out of a sack and forced fumble?? Stupid refs HATE us!

Back
Top Bottom