The interesting phone call Gase made to one of Dolphins’ quarterbacks (And Jackson notes) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The interesting phone call Gase made to one of Dolphins’ quarterbacks (And Jackson notes)

Not to state the obvious, but giving up a pass 2.2 seconds after the snap isn't the same as giving up a pass in 5.2 seconds. I'm not saying X is good or bad, but the stats of passes allowed is incomplete. I'd also include which receiver caught the pass, whether it was press or off, blah, blah. The little I watch X, he plays well MOST of the time, but gets fooled on some plays.

I agree!! He's a young talent who's bound to make some mistakes. Ya there's so many variables it's hard to judge a CB. I am very confident with Howard. CB is probably the toughest position on defense and I think Howard has done a very good job this season. He's big, fast, physcial, great tackler, and seems to have the confidence to cover any receiver. That position is all about confidence and I don't think either Tank or X is afraid. I am extremely excited about the future at CB. Only time will tell I suppose

I believe the story on Foerster is that when he was asked about the fact that something was amiss, he said he was having bad personal problems at home. And nobody pressed.

Nobody wanted to be a busybody. A damning indictment of modern man, really. But that's just how she goes, boys.

I'd say they should institute drug testing for the coaches and front office people, but from what I understand cocaine's out of the body almost immediately.
normally takes 3 days to leave the system

Ozzy rules!!

Having the record for bench press means you have the record for the bench press. Apparently Asia take has little to below average functional football strength. Being considered a mauler in the Mountain West is underwhelming

Asia may have little football strength, but some of the best samurai's live there and they're waiting to strike!

Some Dolphins notes in the midst of a three-day mini-bye for the players:

• Shortly after Adam Gase decided to sign David Fales as his backup quarterback for the Baltimore game a couple of weeks ago, practice squad quarterback Brandon Doughty got an unexpected call.

Gase was on the other line.

Gase broke the news, that for a second year in a row, he was opting to sign a veteran backup (T.J. Yates last December, Fales this year) when his starting quarterback was injured, bypassing the option of promoting Doughty to the 53-man roster.

But Gase had some other news, too: He told Doughty he was giving him a raise, from $7200 a week (typical for a practice squad player) to $15,200

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article183356121.html

I like Doughty and Asiata’s responses.
This is why the players respect Gase, he rarely throws them under the bus, doesn't fine them a ton, and treats them this way. Doubling a practice squad players money as a show of respect, props Gase!

Still believe in Howard. I like the four CB's we have in Tank, Howard, Lippett, and McCain.
I'm definitely not against him and I still think he can be very good. I just haven't seen the growth that was expected in year two. Maybe my own personal expectations for him were too high.

I'd probably draft or sign another corner to compete depending on Lippett's recovery. Better to prioritize a nickel corner though, as McCain is again the biggest weakness on the defense.

I'm definitely not against him and I still think he can be very good. I just haven't seen the growth that was expected in year two. Maybe my own personal expectations for him were too high.

I'd probably draft or sign another corner to compete depending on Lippett's recovery. Better to prioritize a nickel corner though, as McCain is again the biggest weakness on the defense.

Got to role with these guys and Lippett. We need the resources for the offense this time around.

We could also get Vontae Davis back. He is available. Lol

This is why the players respect Gase, he rarely throws them under the bus, doesn't fine them a ton, and treats them this way. Doubling a practice squad players money as a show of respect, props Gase!

Ya how cool is that?!? Gase has taken his fair share of blame and when he had to call out the truth of what was going on he did. There's not many coaches I'd rather have than Gase. He doesn't accept failure and has traits that you love in your head coach. PHINS UP!!

Not getting on you at all lol just wondering your opinion. Who do you think is better Lippett or Howard? PHINS UP!!

Being a WKU alumni I am interested in Dougherty progression if any. This preseason seemed a bit like a regression to me but it is interesting to read Gase thinks different

Being a WKU alumni I am interested in Dougherty progression if any. This preseason seemed a bit like a regression to me but it is interesting to read Gase thinks different

Sure wouldn’t be a reason to up his pay if you made a final decision on him, we have to assume Gase wants another year to work with him before he makes the final decision.

Seems as though he is aware of what he needs to work on as well by his comments, question is if he is capable of making enough improvements to stick around or not.

I have been a fan of Gase once he got that rag tag team from last year in the winning column, I was not a fan last year of letting many of our young productive players to walk like Miller, Mathews, Shelby and Vernon as I felt we could have kept some of them and not spent high round draft picks to replace them, this year the Ajayi trade for peanuts just does not seem smart and now he doubles the pay of a PT QB who has not lit it up in preseason yet and many on this site considers to have a popcorn arm.

I have been a fan of Gase once he got that rag tag team from last year in the winning column, I was not a fan last year of letting many of our young productive players to walk like Miller, Mathews, Shelby and Vernon as I felt we could have kept some of them and not spent high round draft picks to replace them, this year the Ajayi trade for peanuts just does not seem smart and now he doubles the pay of a PT QB who has not lit it up in preseason yet and many on this site considers to have a popcorn arm.

Miller (really wish they pushed harder to keep him)- Rishard & Shelby wanted out basically and Vernon's contract was huge, hard to justify with Suh along the line as well..

It's the drat moves I have problems with like Grant and the trades etc.. and a 5 for a player who isn't active.

Miller (really wish they pushed harder to keep him)- Rishard & Shelby wanted out basically and Vernon's contract was huge, hard to justify with Suh along the line as well..

It's the drat moves I have problems with like Grant and the trades etc.. and a 5 for a player who isn't active.

Yes the moves conern me also it will be interesting to see how this plays out. This offseason we attempted to resign our own which to me was a improvement and perhaps Gase recognized the shortcoming of the prior seasons moves. Need to find a great oline coach IMO.

Back
Top Bottom