The J. Nails Appreciation Thread / Nails tears his Achilles (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The J. Nails Appreciation Thread / Nails tears his Achilles (merged)

This loss bothers me alot! He was one of our stars...good thing that we got Minnesota next and it could be a tune-up for McKinnie, his replacement.

Injured Nails lost for season
"I really don't know what to say," Nails said in a team-released statement. "I worked so hard to get to this point, and everything was going so well. This just crushes me. All I want is to be able to go out and play with these guys next week, and I can't."
:cry:

I hope he can be back at 100% for next year

Dolphins suffer injury blow in final minute
Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said Monday that Nails will undergo surgery in the next few days and likely need "five-to-six months of rehabilitation."

"It's a shame, because he's worked so hard, and here's a guy who really wants to play the game," said Miami offensive line coach Tony Wise. "You feel so bad for him. Jamie really has played with great heart."

I agree it's a big loss, I watched the whole game again on tape last night and focused on Nails, we are definitly losing a major contributer to our offense. Lets hope the rest of the O-line steps it up and wins the super bowl for Jamie. Worse things have happened to super bowl teams.

I feel bad for Jamie Nails..

but I think I feel worse for his bathroom scales. After months of forced inactivity, I shudder to imagine how large he's going to get. Hopefully he can keep himself under control and come back healthy next year. He's gonna be missed this year!

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Losing Nails is as big as losing a star like Chambers or Fiedler on our team, this guy means so much and we cannot afford to lose him at this point....I sure hope McKinnie is ready.
not Fiedler, but probably Chambers. I am sure we will have to eliminate a running play or two with a rookie in a LG :(

Nails out for season

This may be old news but i heard on the evening news that G Jamie Nails is out for the rest of the season.Please post a link if anyone has one.If its true,and most likely it is,then this is a big blow to the O-Line and our running and passing game.

:eek: :cry:

I hate it. I just hope he is ready for training camp, but I don't think so. Remember, Dan never came all the way back from his Achilles. Man, those Achilles injuries have really been our Achilles heels.

McKinney is a rookie, but he brings lots of smarts to the position. He will make a mistake or get burned by some pro-bowl caliber opponent's technique or something somewhere along the way, but the thing you can have confidence in is that he will NOT make the same mistake twice.

He's a bright guy from a bright family. His dad was in George W. Bush's cabinet when he was gov of Texas, then became chief of staff to his successor.

I wonder how ChicagoDolfan feels about all that?;)

One thing that seth does bring to the table is atheltism. He was one of the most athletic lineman in the draft this year and had the fastest 40 time so he should be able to get around the corner and lead some outside runs.

Who are we going to sign to replace him? We have no backup G's and will have to sign one. Who though?

Originally posted by Phinstd
Who are we going to sign to replace him? We have no backup G's and will have to sign one. Who though?

Dolphins | McKinney To Start - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
21:34 PT: The AP reports Miami Dolphins OL Seth McKinney will start at left guard this week in place of injured LG Jamie Nails (Achilles' tendon).

Dolphins | Andrew To Get Promoted - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
21:16 PT: The Sun Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins will sign G Troy Andrew from the practice squad, as soon as OL Jamie Nails (Achilles' tendon) is placed on IR.

Andrews is certainly reliable enough

we'll miss you mr. nails. he's had a hell of a year. he gets my game ball. i'm sure he will contribute from the locker room and sidelines.

Back
Top Bottom