The Jets are Team to Beat NEXT Year... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jets are Team to Beat NEXT Year...

That's a possibility but the Phins already swept them this year so it should be a manageable feat :up:

Hardly the team to beat. If my memory serves me correctly we were the #1 rushing offense for most of the season before #23 got injured. With a healthy team next year our run game IMO will be better then theirs.

Henne is better then Sanchez but I do believe Sanchez has the better supporting cast as far as WRs and TEs are concerned. Miami really needs to get a playmaker on offense. Leon Washington will be back for New York and he's probably their biggest playmaker.

Offensive lines are pretty much equal. Ours is younger if I'm not mistaken which gives us the edge.

On defense they obviously at this moment in time have the better defense. If we draft/sign some ILB/OLB I think that will change real quickly.

The AFC East is going to be even more competitive then it was this season. No one is a lock in.

Dude, do you not watch football?
Last year, we went 11-5 and were dominated at home by a pretty good Ravens team. They were nothing special, good defense good running game, but a rookie QB and there were no excuses for the 5 turnovers. Horrible coaching and horrible QB play on our part.
The Jets just went on a run at the end of the season, whether they were handed games or not they still took care of business, and they won a road playoff game. Can you not give them any credit? Really man?
I ****in hate the Jets as much as anyone, believe me, but at least I'm objective. All I ever hear on this site is a how we are HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, and how good we are. Bro, seriously, we suck. We just went 7-9 and ****in blew a chance at the playoffs 2 straight weeks at home against decent (at best) teams.
Our defense is not anywhere close to what the Jets have, and it's in large part because of how well coached they are defensively and how terribly we are coached defensively. Parcells won't fire Pasqualoni though, because he never fires his pals. And I'm sure none of you will object to the word of the almighty Pat White fan Bill Parcells.
Our offensive line really is not close to what the Jets have either. The Jets don't have great running backs, but they run the ball better than anyone because they dominate the line of scrimmage. They also do a little something called PASS BLOCK. Something the dolphins and their antiquated ideals know nothing about.
On the outside, Edwards is inconsistent while Cotchery is a pretty good receiver. Nothing great, but it's much better than what we have. Be serious. Dustin Keller is also a playmaker that I would kill for on this team right now.
As far as Sanchez vs Henne, that's far from being decided pal. And I'm a huge Henne fan.
Basically my point is that the Jets are better than us at almost every position. You want to tell me about how we swept them? Yeah, that's really nice, I hope you all are happy. Guess what? The Jets are making a deep playoff run, and we suck. You ****ing homers can accept it or keep making your bull**** excuses.
Flame away.

please jets are beatable...jets dont match up well with other hard nose teams..spare me your tears gypsy.

As far as Sanchez vs Henne, that's far from being decided pal. And I'm a huge Henne fan.
Basically my point is that the Jets are better than us at almost every position. You want to tell me about how we swept them? Yeah, that's really nice, I hope you all are happy. Guess what? The Jets are making a deep playoff run, and we suck. You ****ing homers can accept it or keep making your bull**** excuses.

We scored more points than them...thats how we swept them.

also..

Henne >>> Sanchez easily...

please jets are beatable...jets dont match up well with other hard nose teams..spare me your tears gypsy.

they match up well against Indy. They can beat Indy even with Manning playing the whole game.. I think San Diego matches up better against thet Jets than Indy does. Its going to come back an bite Indy in the *** that they let the Jets into the playoffs.. I were betting the game I think unfortunately I would take the Jets

I agree Henne > Sanchez, but as a team. the Jets are better than Miami right now.

The Jets are the team to sweep next year(again.)
Alot of good that did us. We win that bragging rights for that, but the Jets get the better, more important bragging rights over us.

I want to see the Jets win when sanchez has to throw more than 15 times. I don't think Henne ever threw that amount of times over the span of an entire game! Henne has thrown the ball over 50 times on 3 occasions and performed well with the lack of talent we have. Shuan Green is not going to run for 135 yds every sunday and thomas jones isn't getting younger.

We scored more points than them...thats how we swept them.

also..

Henne >>> Sanchez easily...

I like how you just turned a multi faceted, in depth situation into one sentence without formulating any kind of an argument. Good.
Well, Sanchez just went 12-15 in a playoff game on the road against a pretty good defense. Again, I'm a huge Henne fan, but can you use your head just a little bit? The sample size is too small. Henne might be better and I hope that he is, but we just don't know yet.

It would also help if we got Henne some playmakers, something the Jets are at least trying to do for Sanchez.
Ugh, this front office is a ****ing joke I really don't understand the apologists.

meh - I'm excited about the direction the Jets are heading with Jenkins and Washington back and a full off season under Sanchez' belt. I still don't see how anyone can say they're the team to beat in the AFCE next year. Not so long as Brady and Bellichick are there or they prove otherwise.

I like how you just turned a multi faceted, in depth situation into one sentence without formulating any kind of an argument. Good.
Well, Sanchez just went 12-15 in a playoff game on the road against a pretty good defense. Again, I'm a huge Henne fan, but can you use your head just a little bit? The sample size is too small. Henne might be better and I hope that he is, but we just don't know yet.

Sanchez played his best game of the year and 2 of those incompletions were drops of easy passes, one of which was a 40-50 yard TD. It's great to see him step up in the playoffs.

Alot of good that did us. We win that bragging rights for that, but the Jets get the better, more important bragging rights over us.

"That" didn't happen yet, as next year didn't happen yet, obviously.

Being scared of this Jets team is like being scared of the boogeyman. Meaning they're so fake and it's painfully obvious. Their offense is horrible besides their run blocking OL. Their defense is really good but I don't expect the Jets as a whole to do anything next year or next unless they make major improvements on offense. I don't think the B. Edwards trade did the trick. This year, like the Dolphins last year, is kinda flukey. They are done next week, bank on it. The Colts or Chargers are not the Bengals.

why do people all of a sudden think the Jets are great because they won one playoff game against a questionable overrated Bengals team? They got 2 games handed to them at the end of the season to make the playoffs. Im not taking anything away from the Jets because they outplayed the Bengals yesterday but theres no way that i thought the Jets looked great or like "the team to beat."

I dont think they will beat the Colts. The Bengals were overrated in my opinion. They played teams like the Lions, Bears, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs etc. so theyre record was probably a little better than it wouldve been if they played some legitimate competition instead of those gimme games.

Jets didnt impress me yesterday. Thats been what theyve been doing all year and they needed 2 teams to lie down to make the playoffs. Miami is irrelevant in this situation cuz we played ourselves out of the playoffs by losing the last 3 so thats on us but even so the Jets still got handed games to make the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom