The Jets are Team to Beat NEXT Year... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jets are Team to Beat NEXT Year...

You guys are better. I think you have a chance to be REALLY good if Sanchez pans out. I mean you guys could be scary good if he even becomes a tier 2 type QB. I dont doubt that you guys are better, but some of the comments on here are beyond ridiculous.

I agree we could be really good if Sanchez is even average with this defense and running game. I just think the Dolphins are very close to the Jets at worst right now. How else could they win both games?

The Jets handled the Bengals again pretty easily yesterday. What makes you so confident the Bengals would have won at the meadowlands if they needed to win?

As for the Colts, the Jets were down 5 points midway through the 3rd when Manning was pulled. That game could have went either way.

Also, Sanchez played outstanding yesterday - if he can keep that up our offense will be a bit better than "horrible".

As I said before I give the Jets credit for winning a playoff game but I don't believe they are an elite team or even that close yet.

They may be slightly ahead of the Dolphins in talent, but I see Miami being capable of having an offense comparable with the Jets defense with just one or two significant receiving threats (#1 WR and a decent pass catching TE)

Henne is clearly further along as a true pro QB than Sanchez. Even Jets fans should see that. He's done more with less and next year will be his 3rd year in the league.

Sanchez at times does good in a limited role, like against the Bungles where he only had to attempt 15 passes for the game. Unfortunately for him some games ride on a QB's arm and ability to make a lot of throws/plays.

I guess you guys are banking on being the 00-01 Ravens, but I can't see it. That was an anomaly. Teams with no offense rarely do big things in this league. I think that is more true than ever today the way the rules benefit offense today, and a league where QBs rule.

I was talking to a bunch of my Jet fans friends yesterday and im going to say what i told them.

If the Jets play the Colts, i think they are going to beat them. Just like if we were in the playoffs i think we had a good chance to beat the Colts.

The Jets have a better chance because of Revis. Thats one less receiver for Peyton to throw to.

The Colts D-line is really small and will get manhandled by the Jets O-Line. I can see the Jets advancing again next week if they play the Colts. Now if they play the Chargers then its over for them because if their defense is big and will make sure that Sanchez beats them which i dont see happening.

It would also help if we got Henne some playmakers, something the Jets are at least trying to do for Sanchez.
Ugh, this front office is a ****ing joke I really don't understand the apologists.

So how many dratf picks do you want to get rid of? For what player? The Cowboys did it for Roy Williams, how did that work out? Look at the Patriots, the Steelers, the Colts, etc, they were built through drafting smart and spending wisely on FA. You dont go crazy and throw money at big names all over the place. Washington does this and where are they now? Speilman and Wanny did that in 2004 and look what happened. We were not better and we had no draft picks to speak of.

Why are they a joke? Is it because they dont try to fix everything in 2 years and take their time? I really dont understand the irrational kneejerkers in this forum. They go crazy. Lets sign Boldin, Wilfork, Marshall. What we have to trade 6 picks and a butt load of money? What there is no gurantee that this will work? Who cares we have to do something quick. We dont have to think things through. LMAO.:facepalm:

Dude, do you not watch football?
Last year, we went 11-5 and were dominated at home by a pretty good Ravens team. They were nothing special, good defense good running game, but a rookie QB and there were no excuses for the 5 turnovers. Horrible coaching and horrible QB play on our part.
The Jets just went on a run at the end of the season, whether they were handed games or not they still took care of business, and they won a road playoff game. Can you not give them any credit? Really man?
I ****in hate the Jets as much as anyone, believe me, but at least I'm objective. All I ever hear on this site is a how we are HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, and how good we are. Bro, seriously, we suck. We just went 7-9 and ****in blew a chance at the playoffs 2 straight weeks at home against decent (at best) teams.
Our defense is not anywhere close to what the Jets have, and it's in large part because of how well coached they are defensively and how terribly we are coached defensively. Parcells won't fire Pasqualoni though, because he never fires his pals. And I'm sure none of you will object to the word of the almighty Pat White fan Bill Parcells.
Our offensive line really is not close to what the Jets have either. The Jets don't have great running backs, but they run the ball better than anyone because they dominate the line of scrimmage. They also do a little something called PASS BLOCK. Something the dolphins and their antiquated ideals know nothing about.
On the outside, Edwards is inconsistent while Cotchery is a pretty good receiver. Nothing great, but it's much better than what we have. Be serious. Dustin Keller is also a playmaker that I would kill for on this team right now.
As far as Sanchez vs Henne, that's far from being decided pal. And I'm a huge Henne fan.
Basically my point is that the Jets are better than us at almost every position. You want to tell me about how we swept them? Yeah, that's really nice, I hope you all are happy. Guess what? The Jets are making a deep playoff run, and we suck. You ****ing homers can accept it or keep making your bull**** excuses.
Flame away.

I'm not going to lie it was really hard to read what you wrote.

No one said the Jets didn't have a better defense. That's a given.

What you did mention was how well the Jets are at Pass protecting compared to us. DID YOU KNOW? The Jets allowed 30 sacks this season, Miami allowed 34. DID YOU KNOW? The Jets were #1 in the NFL in rushing yards with 2,756 yards. The Miami Dolphins were #4 with 2,231 yards. Miami scored 22 rushing TDs, New York scored 21. Don't forget we were without our #1 RB for half the season. Stats don't lie.

Now to deflate some of your other ridiculous comments. Cotchery is "better then what we have". Cotchery had 821 yards and 3 TDs, Davone Bess had 758 yards and 2 TDs. He was also the best 3rd down WR in the NFL.

Another very interesting fact. Greg Camarillo had 552 yards receiving but 0 TDs, Edwards had 541 yards receiving and 4 TDs. Although Edwards has more TDs I wonder how many more drops he has compared to Camarillo.

And lastly,

Chad Henne

274/451 2,878 yards 12 TDs 14 INTs 60.8 %

Mark Sanchez

196/364 2,444 yards 12 TDs 20 INTs 53.8 %

I think I'm done arguing. Stats, while they may not tell the whole story it's kind of hard to argue with any of those.

yes they did but they are in the playoffs and have one playoff win which Miami hasnt won a playoff game since 2003 and yes the jets have passed us by because they have a defense and good coaching while we have incompetent coordinators and a passive head coach.

if Sparano pulls his head then we might can finish 3rd in the afc east next year but dont be suprised if Buffalo passes us by too.

truth is we didnt beat any good teams this year and the jets, Oakland, tenn , and even Houston and Kansas city have pulled off upsets.

We didnt beat the Pats? Hmm interesting.We beat the Jets, arent they any good since they have passed us? :up:

I was talking to a bunch of my Jet fans friends yesterday and im going to say what i told them.

If the Jets play the Colts, i think they are going to beat them. Just like if we were in the playoffs i think we had a good chance to beat the Colts.

The Jets have a better chance because of Revis. Thats one less receiver for Peyton to throw to.

The Colts D-line is really small and will get manhandled by the Jets O-Line. I can see the Jets advancing again next week if they play the Colts. Now if they play the Chargers then its over for them because if their defense is big and will make sure that Sanchez beats them which i dont see happening.

Did you watch the game earlier this season? Wayne was getting separation at ease. Revis can't stop Wayne.

I do believe the Jets offensive line will beat down that Colts defense but is it enough to stop Manning? I don't think it is.

yes they did but they are in the playoffs and have one playoff win which Miami hasnt won a playoff game since 2003 and yes the jets have passed us by because they have a defense and good coaching while we have incompetent coordinators and a passive head coach.

if Sparano pulls his head then we might can finish 3rd in the afc east next year but dont be suprised if Buffalo passes us by too.

truth is we didnt beat any good teams this year and the jets, Oakland, tenn , and even Houston and Kansas city have pulled off upsets.

well considering we were the underdog almost every week does that mean we pulled off 7 upsets?

i also like how you say we didnt beat any good teams while your talking the Jets up in your first paragraph. We beat them twice. That's called contradicting yourself.

I'm not going to lie it was really hard to read what you wrote.

No one said the Jets didn't have a better defense. That's a given.

What you did mention was how well the Jets are at Pass protecting compared to us. DID YOU KNOW? The Jets allowed 30 sacks this season, Miami allowed 34. DID YOU KNOW? The Jets were #1 in the NFL in rushing yards with 2,756 yards. The Miami Dolphins were #4 with 2,231 yards. Miami scored 22 rushing TDs, New York scored 21. Don't forget we were without our #1 RB for half the season. Stats don't lie.

Now to deflate some of your other ridiculous comments. Cotchery is "better then what we have". Cotchery had 821 yards and 3 TDs, Davone Bess had 758 yards and 2 TDs. He was also the best 3rd down WR in the NFL.

Another very interesting fact. Greg Camarillo had 552 yards receiving but 0 TDs, Edwards had 541 yards receiving and 4 TDs. Although Edwards has more TDs I wonder how many more drops he has compared to Camarillo.

And lastly,

Chad Henne

274/451 2,878 yards 12 TDs 14 INTs 60.8 %

Mark Sanchez

196/364 2,444 yards 12 TDs 20 INTs 53.8 %

I think I'm done arguing. Stats, while they may not tell the whole story it's kind of hard to argue with any of those.

Homerrr. Lol JK :up:

"That" didn't happen yet, as next year didn't happen yet, obviously.

Being scared of this Jets team is like being scared of the boogeyman. Meaning they're so fake and it's painfully obvious. Their offense is horrible besides their run blocking OL. Their defense is really good but I don't expect the Jets as a whole to do anything next year or next unless they make major improvements on offense. I don't think the B. Edwards trade did the trick. This year, like the Dolphins last year, is kinda flukey. They are done next week, bank on it. The Colts or Chargers are not the Bengals.

that being said.. They could sweep us

I didnt say anyone was scared of the jets.. they are however the better team

Homerrr. Lol JK :up:

I know I'm a homer but that doesn't change the fact that the Jets are doing exactly what we did last season, overachieving. They're not nearly as good as many want to believe.

My facts just prove my argument. I'm sure we wont see him in this thread ever again.

that being said.. They could sweep us

I didnt say anyone was scared of the jets.. they are however the better team

They may be the better team, talent wise. Depends on hour our respective off seasons go. Technically, they were the better team this year too though right?

I don't think, as of right now, there is a huge gap between the Jets Pats and Fins. I think we're almost back to where it is anybody's division, and no dominant force. So I don't agree with the Jets are THE team to beat, but they are A team to beat. Nothing like the Patriots of the last decade though who dominated the division.

Jets will come crashing back down to earth next year. Hopefully teams on their schedule won't lay down at the end of the year like this season. Miami is a better team then the Jets, proving that by beating them three straight times.

The Jets don't have all their draft picks, thanks to the Edwards and Sheppard trades(I believe they lose three of their seven for those two players). Plus, now that they are in the Final 8, the lack of a new CBA puts them in a huge bind when it comes to signing free agents. They can not sign one, unless they lose a free agent. It will be very tough for the Jets to add a lot of talent to their current team. Basically, the team the Jets have today will be the Jets team on the field in 2010. The Dolphins currently have 9 draft picks and have no free agency restrictions, plus they will also see the return of key players like Brown, Allen, Cobbs and possibly Ferguson.

I still like our chances over the Jets in 2010.

Hey Nubs...is this a definite thing for next year?

I know I'm a homer but that doesn't change the fact that the Jets are doing exactly what we did last season, overachieving. They're not nearly as good as many want to believe.

My facts just prove my argument. I'm sure we wont see him in this thread ever again.

Yea, I know. I presented those facts to that guy, who trashed out oline as well. Funny how he hasnt responded to either one of us.

Back
Top Bottom