The Jets are Team to Beat NEXT Year... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jets are Team to Beat NEXT Year...

Hardly the team to beat. If my memory serves me correctly we were the #1 rushing offense for most of the season before #23 got injured. With a healthy team next year our run game IMO will be better then theirs.

Henne is better then Sanchez but I do believe Sanchez has the better supporting cast as far as WRs and TEs are concerned. Miami really needs to get a playmaker on offense. Leon Washington will be back for New York and he's probably their biggest playmaker.

Offensive lines are pretty much equal. Ours is younger if I'm not mistaken which gives us the edge.

On defense they obviously at this moment in time have the better defense. If we draft/sign some ILB/OLB I think that will change real quickly.

The AFC East is going to be even more competitive then it was this season. No one is a lock in.

Im pretty sure the Jets were the number 1 rushing team in the NFL this season while Ronnie Brown was still healthy. We also were missing Leon Washington who will only help out our running game as well.

The argument of who is better between Henne and Sanchez is something that we are going to have to wait and see IMO. Henne right now is ahead of Sanchez but he isnt a true rookie and had a whole year to sit on the bench and watch a smart QB like Pennington play the posistion. But obviously we can all have opinions on who we think is better.

As far as defense goes though you sell the Jets short IMO. The Dolphins can get better like you said but so can the Jets and we are already better on that side of the ball as it stands now. We also will be getting Jenkins back next season which will only make us stronger. We still have needs on the defensive side of the ball. We might need a safety to replace Rhodes and I think we are a big time pass rusher away from being a really scary defense.

I dont know if the Jets are the team to beat going into next season. I think both the Dolphins and Jets have taken big steps forward in recent seasons. I really think that the AFC east is pretty even between the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats.

Yea, no. Not even close to being the team to beat next year. Won't be able to sign FA's, have a worst draft pick that they will screw up anyways, and are about to get destroyed by SD. They'll be competetive I'm sure, but not even close to being the team to beat.

Yea, no. Not even close to being the team to beat next year. Won't be able to sign FA's, have a worst draft pick that they will screw up anyways, and are about to get destroyed by SD. They'll be competetive I'm sure, but not even close to being the team to beat.

I would argue that our drafts over the last decade have been better than the Fins.We have drafted well and have starters scattered throughout our lineup from recent drafts.You can't count draft history from 15 years ago against the current regime,it has NO bearing whatsoever.

The free agency point is true, though I think we have to keep in mind that free agency will probably be very weak this year. Most of the younger players will be RFAs due to the rules changing from 4 years experience to 6. The few hot names out there will create a bidding war and someone will overpay, which will bite them when the cap returns. The Jets will be able to sign guys to replace whoever they lose, but mainly they need to focus on re-signing their own guys who are nearing the end of their rookie deals. I'm more concerned with the lack of picks than the inability to sign free agents, especially considering that the Jets pretty much loaded up on free agents over the past couple of offseasons.

And hey, the Jets have done pretty well with their picks recently (Vernon Gholston nonwithstanding. ;) )

I am afraid to say it...But they have the O-line and the Defense that makes them the Team to Beat in the AFC East Next Year.....
The Dolphins better Draft to go against what they have......
Makes me sick to live in NJ...and see their fans come out of the woodwork now....:boohoo:

You are a very wise man. I'm not worried about next year yet but I have felt that our teams will be battling for AFC East Titles over the next few years.

Patriots just won the division in a rebuilding year. Look at all the veteran starters's we have lost. Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, Seymour etc..

Pats arent going anywhere and will be competing for the division for a while.

Patriots just won the division in a rebuilding year. Look at all the veteran starters's we have lost. Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, Seymour etc..

Pats arent going anywhere and will be competing for the division for a while.

The Jets are still playing in a rebuilding year, a year we had a rookie HC and rookie QB.

Outside of QB and WR where are the Pats more talented than the Jets for the future?

why do people all of a sudden think the Jets are great because they won one playoff game against a questionable overrated Bengals team? They got 2 games handed to them at the end of the season to make the playoffs. Im not taking anything away from the Jets because they outplayed the Bengals yesterday but theres no way that i thought the Jets looked great or like "the team to beat."

I dont think they will beat the Colts. The Bengals were overrated in my opinion. They played teams like the Lions, Bears, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs etc. so theyre record was probably a little better than it wouldve been if they played some legitimate competition instead of those gimme games.

Jets didnt impress me yesterday. Thats been what theyve been doing all year and they needed 2 teams to lie down to make the playoffs. Miami is irrelevant in this situation cuz we played ourselves out of the playoffs by losing the last 3 so thats on us but even so the Jets still got handed games to make the playoffs.
:lol2:The Bengals beat the Steelers twice, the Ravens twice and almost beat the Chargers. Last week it was that the Bengals layed down because they are just that much better than the Jets. You know what, the Bengals didn't lay down the Jets just beat them up and were up 27-0 by the time they started taking out their starters. Sure they didn't play Benson but a couple players doesn't make a team and the Jets showed that they can beat the Bengals even if Benson plays.

I love how you Dolphin fans STILL use that you swept us as some kind of indication that you have a better team... The 2nd game between our teams your team barely could even move the ball! You had gotten bailed out by 2 KR for TD and a FR for a TD. Next season you won't get as lucky.

The Dolphins defense isn't good, they have major holes on it. The Jets defense will continue to be elite, and we didn't even have Kris Jenkins most of the season. Rex Ryan proved that hes one of the top defensive minds in the game. Like Bart Scott said, the Jets defense is starting to get it now but still aren't fully where the Ravens were last year in terms of fully understanding the system they still aren't doing some of the things that the Ravens were able to do in the system since its a complex scheme that takes time to fully understand as it revolves around the players and their communication and knowing what others are going to do. Scott thinks they'll be that next year in year 2 of the scheme.

Next year this team could be better, it was not a fluky season. Yes we caught a break with the Colts, the Bengals game I don't think it even mattered that they sat Benson since we would have beaten them either way being at home and just being a better team than the Bengals. But we lost a lot of games because of bad luck this season. Like the Falcons game when we had 3 missed FG. Which is a fluky game since our kicking game has been great this year as Feely has really been a consistent kicker since we got him.

Sanchez will be in year 2, it looked like he finally got it against the Bengals. He was making good decisions and accurate throws and Brian Schottenheimer called a great game had Keller in space often to make big plays.

Playing as a rookie QB is a lot harder than coming in year 2 after sitting the first season, Henne was ahead of Sanchez in experience and knowledge of the NFL. Like another Dolphins fan said unbiasly, it is far from over in who will be the better QB.

beat them twice this year and they have the next rex grossman at QB, where the phins have the next tom brady, they will be competitive but not consistent ever

lol you are a homer.... If Henne was the next Tom Brady he would of won the SB THIS SEASON! Brady played A LOT better than Henne did and they were in the SAME situation. Henne had more INT than TD and played in a ultra conservative system that limited turnovers. It seems like some of his 300+ yard games were when he was facing prevent defenses when the team was down big.

Tom Brady won the SB as a 2nd year player coming in for injury.

Jets will come crashing back down to earth next year. Hopefully teams on their schedule won't lay down at the end of the year like this season. Miami is a better team then the Jets, proving that by beating them three straight times.

The Jets don't have all their draft picks, thanks to the Edwards and Sheppard trades(I believe they lose three of their seven for those two players). Plus, now that they are in the Final 8, the lack of a new CBA puts them in a huge bind when it comes to signing free agents. They can not sign one, unless they lose a free agent. It will be very tough for the Jets to add a lot of talent to their current team. Basically, the team the Jets have today will be the Jets team on the field in 2010. The Dolphins currently have 9 draft picks and have no free agency restrictions, plus they will also see the return of key players like Brown, Allen, Cobbs and possibly Ferguson.

I still like our chances over the Jets in 2010.

Ok you can have your "key" players, acting like this Jets team was healthy all season... Kris Jenkins and Leon Washington is pretty much a bigger loss than those guys besides Brown who is the same impact.

The Jets lose 2 draft picks since we get a draft pick back in the Sheppard trade. I think its we give a 4th but get a 5th.
So we have a 1,2,5,6,7.

This years Jets team is already one of the more talented teams anyways, all we need is for Sanchez to get more experienced and we are a contender. I also want our draft to get a young DL and OLB to rush the passer.

haha how are the Jets so far ahead of Miami? because they made the playoffs? the fact we had a better record up until our end of season losing streak? if we made the playoffs this year would we be the better team? if the Texans and Steelers laid down and took starters out at halftime would we be the better team? what are you basing this on?

The Jets have a better defense...thats it. Theyre not a better team. If we played them a 3rd time we'd beat them again, im sure of it.

lol if we played right now I GUARANTEE the Jets would beat the Dolphins, not only beat but destroy them.
How can you act like the Dolphins are better when they needed 3 return TD to beat us last time and when the Dolphins played their best could only win with a TD at the last second of the game.

Dolphins are NOT better period. Only advantage was a more experienced QB.

Ok you can have your "key" players, acting like this Jets team was healthy all season... Kris Jenkins and Leon Washington is pretty much a bigger loss than those guys besides Brown who is the same impact.

The Jets lose 2 draft picks since we get a draft pick back in the Sheppard trade. I think its we give a 4th but get a 5th.
So we have a 1,2,5,6,7.

This years Jets team is already one of the more talented teams anyways, all we need is for Sanchez to get more experienced and we are a contender. I also want our draft to get a young DL and OLB to rush the passer.

we also get a pick from GB from the Favre trade.

They will have a bit harder schedule not to mention they were kinda handed a playoff spot...

They got a great matchup for the 1st round...

I congratulate them for getting in..But I wont be a believer until they win another game..

They were swept by a 7 and 9 team

They lost to a 6 and 10 team..

not usally a resume for a playoff team and super bowl contender

Back
Top Bottom