The Legal system has over turned the ruling by the NFL...!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Legal system has over turned the ruling by the NFL...!!

So if one of my employee decides its funny to to go ape s**t with a nailgun, and then one of his buddy bets him he cant hit another coworker with it, its fine?? I think its BS... the difference in our argument is that your arguing law-wise... Im just saying its BS on a moral standpoint...

That is not what happened in the nfl, nothing of that nature. You are totally out of touch from what happened, and a ridiculous comparison.

That is not what happened in the nfl, nothing of that nature. You are totally out of touch from what happened, and a ridiculous comparison.
Players got paid if they injured other players...no?

the nfl is being taking over by the players union. Its just crazy that goodell gives the union this much power. This is not good news for the nfl, basically your sending a message that you can cheat and get caught, and yet still get away with it because the union protects the players by any means necessary. Even if there cheaters. Disgusted.

What are you referring to by cheating? No one cheated bro.

you do not know what proof they have, you do not work for the nfl, they did not let evidence go public for a reason. He is the commissioner of football , he has all right to suspend whoever breaks the rules and hurts the integrity of the game. The only reason this was overturned is because it was done in lousiana, it will be appealed and overturned very soon in another state. The judge was clearly biased and everyone knew it the moment she said she wanted to rule in favor of the saints. Who said anything about being fired? no one got fired, they got "suspended", its in the cba that the commissioner is suppose to suspended players who break the rules, if he does not suspend them he is not doing his job. Pay to injure or whatever is they were suspended for, it does not matter what u wanna call it, they were apart of the head of the program, they helped run it, they were the key contributors. Supporting **** like this only hurts the nfl, if we even have the nfl for long after this now that we know crap like this is going on.

This is crazy talk! Mad, fascist hoopla and slave-owning flying saucers.

You basically just said that Rodger Goodell can do whatever he wants to whomever he wants, and who is anyone to question it? Worse, when someone does question it, and an agreed upon outside party agrees with those questioning his decision, you write it off an nonsense? You're more willing to believe that they just refuse to show the evidence than you are to believe that there is no evidence and Goodell was just trying to see if his dick could reach his butthole. It was like a heat check by Larry Bird. I've hit 7 in a row; I'll chuck this from 10 feet behind the line. These people really let me do whatever I want; I'll see if I can tack on some player suspensions just to send a message - even though I have no evidence.

If thats the case, that fraking sucks! I run a business, a small one but still.... If I find out some scheme is going on about injuring other employees and dont do crap about it. I WILL go to jail... Now you're telling me A freaking judge overruled this...? I mean WTF!? People need to be accountable FFS...

From what I've heard over the radio and read in passing, the problem is the evidence. Goodell hasn't presented much that can really point fingers at individual players and coaches. I agree that something needs to be done, but the NFL needs to get real proof that can hold up in court. If the players weren't wealthy or had the equally powerful player's union behind them, they could never have afforded to appeal this. It's kind of an unusual situation that you wouldn't see with a typical business like yours, NBP81.

From what I've heard over the radio and read in passing, the problem is the evidence. Goodell hasn't presented much that can really point fingers at individual players and coaches. I agree that something needs to be done, but the NFL needs to get real proof that can hold up in court. If the players weren't wealthy or had the equally powerful player's union behind them, they could never have afforded to appeal this. It's kind of an unusual situation that you wouldn't see with a typical business like yours, NBP81.

Which is terrifying and horrific. Oh, you can't afford the legal resources required to stand up to Corporate Giant X? Well, looks like you're ****ed.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan
This was NOT a ruling from the COURTS... this was a decision by an appeals panel agreed to in the CBA.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk Another point -- today's ruling was not a court decision but a product of the dispute resolution process that the NFL and NFLPA agreed to.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was about to blow a gasket if the courts were involved!

It is, however, legally binding, since the NFL also agree to the the appeal system in the CBA.

No, players were making bets pushing each other to make big plays period. It wasnt you get 10 grand for breaking a players leg. It was if you get to brent farve for a sack or pressure him, or if you get a bone crushing tackle on a rb, or ir a running back runs over a the opposing safety. The whole issue is so far over blown, and Goodell has an agenda that he is trying to laydown and it has nothing to do with morals or ethics. He is trying to build a case so he will not have to pay for post nfl health problems. Not only concussion but all post nfl physical problems. For years teams were forcing players to perform when they physically should not have. For an example OJ McDuffie career was cut short because he was pushed to play through his foot injuries, and once the teams see that they pushed him beyond his limits they were done with him. Goodell is manipulating the public with PR by advertising the concussion issue, in order to fight against any type of post NFL support for the players. Everything about the sport is an health issue after the players careers, Goodell is just trying to protect his assets. And I dont blame him, its the right business move to make. I just dont like the NFL painting an image of the players as if they were criminals.

And to add the coaches were punished for not stopping the players from paying each other, after the NFL found out about the bets the first couple of times. The coaches ignored the request so they were punished. If the NFL truely felt the players were purposely trying to injure someone, they would of went after the saints hard the FIRST TIME.

No, players were making bets pushing each other to make big plays period. It wasnt you get 10 grand for breaking a players leg. It was if you get to brent farve for a sack or pressure him, or if you get a bone crushing tackle on a rb, or ir a running back runs over a the opposing safety. The whole issue is so far over blown, and Goodell has an agenda that he is trying to laydown and it has nothing to do with morals or ethics. He is trying to build a case so he will not have to pay for post nfl health problems. Not only concussion but all post nfl physical problems. For years teams were forcing players to perform when they physically should not have. For an example OJ McDuffie career was cut short because he was pushed to play through his foot injuries, and once the teams see that they pushed him beyond his limits they were done with him. Goodell is manipulating the public with PR by advertising the concussion issue, in order to fight against any type of post NFL support for the players. Everything about the sport is an health issue after the players careers, Goodell is just trying to protect his assets. And I dont blame him, its the right business move to make. I just dont like the NFL painting an image of the players as if they were criminals.

And to add the coaches were punished for not stopping the players from paying each other, after the NFL found out about the bets the first couple of times. The coaches ignored the request so they were punished. If the NFL truely felt the players were purposely trying to injure someone, they would of went after the saints hard the FIRST TIME.
So reports of bonuses if an opposing player was out from the game after a said hit were untrue? And you know this how?

So reports of bonuses if an opposing player was out from the game after a said hit were untrue? And you know this how?

Show me a report that the team was paying the players extra money. It was not bonuses it was the players themselves making bets with each other. And the Defensive Coordinator was caught on tape encouraging it after the League ask the team to be proactive and stop it. NBP81, doesnt it speak loudly that the NFL did nothing but send out a letter the first time. Does a letter suggest that the players were doing something heinous like purposely trying to injure a player? If one of your employees was running around with a Nail gun shooting people like you suggested, would you just send out a letter to your supervisor to tell them to make their agents stop shooting others with a nail gun lol.

Good for the players involved. Goodell is a biased piece of garbage. He has a double standard with any team that is NOT owned by his buddy Robert Kraft. Can anyone even imagine him suspending Bellicheck for anything, let alone an entire season?

Whybiased? Bellicheck was told to stop recording and he did the he was punishedaccordingly. Now the Saints players tried to injure players even after they hadbeen told to stop.

Do you not see the difference? Let me guess, you must be a 99%er

Whybiased? Bellicheck was told to stop recording and he did the he was punishedaccordingly. Now the Saints players tried to injure players even after they hadbeen told to stop.

Do you not see the difference? Let me guess, you must be a 99%er

He also destroyed the evidence, refused to release information to the public, and tried to let it blowover as quickly as possible. Now, all of that is within his rights, but a stark contrast to the way he treats the players. Take this bounty scandal for instance, he has let the public know exactly what is going on at any time and tried to get public opinion on his side to bash the players. Ends up, he didnt even have enough evidence to fight off the appeals process. Laughable in hindsight. Goodell has made it a priority to make the players look like the bad guys at every opportunity. Belicheat got an advantage over every team over a long period of time(3 years? 4?). He lost a draft pick(he got to keep the draft pick that was in the top 10) and something like 1/28th over his yearly salary. The Saints encouraged their players to tackle harder and some were suspended for the season.

There is no doubt in my mind that the players are guilty. But Goodell is stuck. He doesnt have the evidence, ive read the only solid information is from informants which he refuses to release(reasonable, who would trust him in the future if he started naming people?). And like our legal system, its not about being guilty its about proving guilt. For years Goodell has been a tyrant, doing whatever he wants. He could hand out whatever punishment he felt like, whenever he felt like doing so, for whatever reason he wanted. And the person the players had to appeal to was Goodell. The system was broken. This is a very small victory for future cases. That said, its hard to feel sorry for the players. They had a chance to insist on a working system during the lockout and they passed on it. They could have bargained but chose not to. I have little sympathy now that they are crying foul.

The players are getting away with a technicality. Everyone knows it. But Goodell should try and have this thing blow over. Instead, im willing to bet its going to get alot nastier.

Back
Top Bottom