The Most Productive and Efficient Pure Pass Rushers in the NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Most Productive and Efficient Pure Pass Rushers in the NFL

I don't get it.

"On the left you'll find the most productive from among pass rushers that have rushed the passer 100+ times. On the right the most efficient, from among pass rushers that have rushed the passer 100+ times. The points per pass rush are multiplied by 100 for ease of reading."

How do you define the bolded terms?

Because the 3 columns of numbers in both these charts are exactly the same for each player and I don't see what is creating the different ranking (layout on my screen is not left/right but one above the other also, did something get cutoff which might explain things?).

Mine is displayed the same way, take for example wake and hall.

Wake has accumulated 62 'points' while Hall has recorded 58 'points'. Wake is more productive.

BUT!

It took wake 16 extra pass rushes to accumulate those 4 extra points. Making Hall more efficient.

Basically, hall gets more points on average everytime he rushes the QB, but wake has more points. Either way wake is 1st in production and 2nd in efficiency ;]

awesome...somebody please please please tell omar this so he can stop saying we need another pass rusher opposite Wake

We still need another pass rusher.If Wake isn't getting near QB's we don't get any real pass rush.

Misi gets stats because he's a very active player, he's still no where near a " good " pass rusher.

Misi could become that guy but right now he's just not there.

Mine is displayed the same way, take for example wake and hall.

Wake has accumulated 62 'points' while Hall has recorded 58 'points'. Wake is more productive.

BUT!

It took wake 16 extra pass rushes to accumulate those 4 extra points. Making Hall more efficient.

Basically, Hall gets more points on average everytime he rushes the QB, but wake has more points. Either way wake is 1st in production and 2nd in efficiency ;]

Ok, that helps, thanks.

"They said there would be no Math!" :)

Great info, and great analysis.

This is the kind of information that GMs & scouting services use to evaluate players.
It's nice to get a taste of the reality, rather than just a player's reputation, etc.

Another thing I don't see mentioned all that much is that because of the way Miami is using Koa Misi, he is GENERALLY rushing a lot more over left tackle than right tackle. The Misi-Wake tandem tends to be strong/weak oriented on base downs but right/left on pass downs, and most of Misi's snaps have been on pass downs, and so the sacks, hits and pressures that he is earning, he's earning from the likes of Bryant McKinnie, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Matt Light, Chad Clifton and Max Starks, more often than not.

I don't get it.

"On the left you'll find the most productive from among pass rushers that have rushed the passer 100+ times. On the right the most efficient, from among pass rushers that have rushed the passer 100+ times. The points per pass rush are multiplied by 100 for ease of reading."

How do you define the bolded terms?

Because the 3 columns of numbers in both these charts are exactly the same for each player and I don't see what is creating the different ranking (layout on my screen is not left/right but one above the other also, did something get cutoff which might explain things?).

The left is sorted by production, the right is sorted by efficiency.

So it's like if you had a table that shows Running Backs with their yards and yards per carry. The chart on the left would be sorted by total yards. The chart on the right would be sorted by yards per carry.

And actually it's not left and right for some screens, it's top and bottom. There are two picture files, I intended for them to display side by side but on some displays it's just the one, and then the other below.

We still need another pass rusher.If Wake isn't getting near QB's we don't get any real pass rush.

Misi gets stats because he's a very active player, he's still no where near a " good " pass rusher.

Misi could become that guy but right now he's just not there.

Based on what evidence? Because I just provided strong evidence that he is in fact a "good" pass rusher.

i don't think that if that breakdown is meant to indicate that koa misi is one of the most consistent pass rushers in the nfl its very accurate...cause while misi has had some sacks and i think i know of at least one of which was a coverage sack he hasn't since week 2 brought consistent pass rush pressure the last 4 games or so...

what i do think he does a good job of when he doesn't provide quick pressure is leaving himself in good position to make plays on scrambling qbs near the los...

but consistent initial pass rush pressure ...i haven't seen it lately...

i don't think that if that breakdown is meant to indicate that koa misi is one of the most consistent pass rushers in the nfl its very accurate...cause while misi has had some sacks and i think i know of at least one of which was a coverage sack he hasn't since week 2 brought consistent pass rush pressure the last 4 games or so...

what i do think he does a good job of when he doesn't provide quick pressure is leaving himself in good position to make plays on scrambling qbs near the los...

I agree with this, but would also point out that Misi's "style" of pass-rushing is very complementary to Wake. In a way it's almost preferable to having two Cam Wakes...(I probably wouldn't go that far, but hopefully the point isn't lost in the exaggeration).

minor point ck, but to me a sack should be more like 4 points if a hit is 2. Getting hit by itself doesn't necessarily ruin the play but a sack guarantees not just 0 but negative yards. But in any case, awesome info!

As a counter argument, a qb could be protected beautiful most of the game, not even getting touched, and then a freak sack happens. Yes his team will lose a down and yardage but his mental make up doesn't necessarily change. Taking a sack can be a better option than intentional grounding in certain circumstances. A rusher consistently getting to the qb and laying hard hits and disrupt the timing and continuity of the offense.

The evidence, both anecdotal and statistical, simply doesn't support that conclusion.

Great stuff, CK.

I think that your point about the caliber of pass blocker that Misi is going up against is very revealing.

Regardless of anyone's subject opinion on Misi's ability to consistently pressure the quarterback, the fact that he's putting up these numbers just six games into his NFL career is extremely promising.

Miami's 3-4 linebacker has gone from one of the oldest and most pedestrian in the NFL to one of the youngest and most productive.

Props to the current regime.

Back
Top Bottom