The numbers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The numbers

Bobby Humphrey

I got cut
Reaction score
I think Chambers is getting a bad wrap in week 1 by many. I think he played a great game. He blocked well, and had some nice attempted diving catches. I think no one in the NFL catches as well as he does when stretched out for a pigskin. He hauled in a few key first downs as well.

If Chambers did what he did in week 1 every game, he would have 1 616 yards from scrimmage.

Lets keep going.

Ronnie would have 976 total yards
Gus would pass for 4 400 yards
McMike catch 880 yards
Marty 1 664 receiving
Wes 2 500 all-purpose yards

Zack would have 224 tackles
T-buck 176

And so on.

And oh ya, going by week 1 averages Miami would go 16-0 ….

It is really interesting how those numbers work out. I think most of us would guess that only Ronnie and Randy have a real shot at making their numbers. I guess Wes could also hit his mark.

Bobby Humphrey said:
I think Chambers is getting a bad wrap in week 1 by many. I think he played a great game. He blocked well, and had some nice attempted diving catches. I think no one in the NFL catches as well as he does when stretched out for a pigskin. He hauled in a few key first downs as well.

If Chambers did what he did in week 1 every game, he would have 1 616 yards from scrimmage.

Lets keep going.

Ronnie would have 976 total yards
Gus would pass for 4 400 yards
McMike catch 880 yards
Marty 1 664 receiving
Wes 2 500 all-purpose yards

Zack would have 224 tackles
T-buck 176

And so on.

And oh ya, going by week 1 averages Miami would go 16-0 ….

So Chambers still wouldn't have a 1000 yard year by your analysis...Hmm, not good for a #1 receiver in a vertical Offense.

Edit, is that 1616 and is that all purpose yards? So he still won't have a 1000 yards receiving...okay I stick by my first comment.

Just a question, off the top of your head how many times was Chambers thrown at that game?

Also good to see a fellow Sask phin fan, where abouts in sask?

Kthurmus23 said:
Just a question, off the top of your head how many times was Chambers thrown at that game?

Wow, I just looked at our schedule in your sig...that's ugly..man, if we make it though the next 7 games with a winning record we have a chance at the playoffs, but again looking at that schedule..wow... :eek:

MDFINFAN said:
Wow, I just looked at our schedule in your sig...that's ugly..man, if we make it though the next 7 games with a winning record we have a chance at the playoffs, but again looking at that schedule..wow... :eek:

Ya should be able to get an idea where we stand in the next few weeks, since it is the NFL's hardest schedule. To be the best you have to beat the best, so time will tell.

ckparrothead said:
Is T-Buck still on the team? I thought we got rid of him a while ago...

I think people call Jones that, though I don't really get it. The standard for that nickname if you ask me is (first name initial)-(last name abbreviation).

ckparrothead said:
Is T-Buck still on the team? I thought we got rid of him a while ago...

T-Buck the corner that played with Madison is gone, he was awhile ago. T-Buck the safety from the Saints was signed this off season.

MDFINFAN said:
So Chambers still wouldn't have a 1000 yard year by your analysis...Hmm, not good for a #1 receiver in a vertical Offense.

Edit, is that 1616 and is that all purpose yards? So he still won't have a 1000 yards receiving...okay I stick by my first comment.

1616 from Scrimmage

Kthurmus23 said:

for the last 8 months i have lived in your neck of the woods.

Jimmy James said:
I think people call Jones that, though I don't really get it. The standard for that nickname if you ask me is (first name initial)-(last name abbreviation).

Terrell Buckley played pretty well for us for quite a while and T-Buck was his nick, so I have a hard time using it for somebody else. Buckley earned it.

Even though Tebuckey's name actually sounds like "T-Buck" I think he should be called something else.

Thats my 2 cents worth anyway

yankeehillbilly said:
Even though Tebuckey's name actually sounds like "T-Buck" I think he should be called something else.

Thats my 2 cents worth anyway

I agree with you. Besides, how hard is it to add the "y" sound to the end? Why not just call him "Tebuckey"?

MDFINFAN said:

Yeahh our team is much better than last year but with a schedule like that...I'm hoping for an 8-8 season.

Back
Top Bottom