The numbers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The numbers

Wasn't T-Buck Jones the reason why Sammy Knight was let go in NO? and then we let Go of Sammy knight and the Dude comes here?

Now that is history repeating itself.

speaking of which, NO had Lamar Smith and replaced him with Ricky williams, and then we have lamar smith, and replace him with ricky williams!

Okay I am scared now.

yankeehillbilly said:
Terrell Buckley played pretty well for us for quite a while and T-Buck was his nick, so I have a hard time using it for somebody else. Buckley earned it.

Even though Tebuckey's name actually sounds like "T-Buck" I think he should be called something else.

Thats my 2 cents worth anyway

he had that name before he came to us

Bobby Humphrey said:
he had that name before he came to us

Ronnie Brown had a nickname I hope has died before he came to us, too. They're Dolphins now. The past means nothing. :)

rainmaker1313 said:
Its a team game, dont worry about individual stats!

Very true. I work in sports stats and don't spend one second on individual numbers other than QB.

One area we need to work on is defensive yards per pass attempt in road games. That has been an achilles heel of our stop unit for years. The year Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl they had the alltime freakish stat I've ever seen in 15+ years of looking at sports statistics, past and present. The Buccs allowed 4.74 yards per attempt on the road. It's the equivalent of Secretariat's Belmont and Lance Armstrong's 7 straight Tours rolled into one. So, naturally, the mainstream media has never mentioned it. That road pass defense superiority took charge in the playoffs when Tampa Bay won at Philadelphia and dominated the Raider passing game on a neutral field.

I bring up that '02 defensive YPA stat because it contrasted so starkly with our 7.47 number during the same year. We wanted to pretend we had a great defense but that difference from Tampa Bay down to us was more than 50%. I think we were 25th or worse in the league in road defensive YPPA. During our playoff caliber years of late, the only season we were statistically good in road pass defense was the season we faced the likes of Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith. I'll be very interested to see how we fare in this regard beginning Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom