The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

spring training for them is ten miles up the road so we are overloaded with obnoxious NYorkers.

cnc66 said:
I know you guys love this stuff but I hate the Mets. Every friggen Mets bumper sticker has a New York license plate under it. And they moved here...arrrggggg
Good thing I'm a Florida boy. My dad's side of the family has it's roots in north Jersey, so I can deal with the pissy attitude :lol:
When I was down there a few weeks ago, every parking lot attendant seemed to be a retired NY'er. Just about every one of them was a S.O.B.
Marty, maybe you can start a petition to have the Mets spring training moved to Jacksonville? That would make me very happy:D

cnc66 said:
I know you guys love this stuff but I hate the Mets. Every friggen Mets bumper sticker has a New York license plate under it. And they moved here...arrrggggg
There's another one (me) on the way hopefully by late 2007. We're everywhere and there's no getting away. First florida gets conquered then the world :lol:

Anna Benson was on MSNBC tonight talking with Rita Crosby....Anna is on the cover of Maxim magazine. She looks pretty good but she has a Mrs. Bundy sounding voice (annoying). :lol: You guys still have Kris Benson or did you move him?

Roman529 said:
Anna Benson was on MSNBC tonight talking with Rita Crosby....Anna is on the cover of Maxim magazine. She looks pretty good but she has a Mrs. Bundy sounding voice (annoying). :lol: You guys still have Kris Benson or did you move him?
the Bensons were moved for Jorge Julio and AAA SP John Maine. Peterson feels he can groom Julio and his 98mph heater and get him to have better control by fixing his motion and having him take just a little bit off the fastball to gain some more control. Maine is a decent young Sp prospect who is the perfect swingman type who can go back from bullpen to starter back to bullpen if hes needed this year.

Boik14 said:
thats cool. Get ready to lose playa :D

I just got my tickets to see the Phillies play the Colorado Rockies April 14, 15, and 16 at Coors Field. They have centerfield bleacher tickets called the Rock Pile for $4 each....once I get inside the ballpark I move to the expensive seats and buy some Rockies Dogs and some Coors beer. :drinkers: The Phils are gonna sweep the Rocks and be in 1st place by mid-April. :whistle:

Roman529 said:
I just got my tickets to see the Phillies play the Colorado Rockies April 14, 15, and 16 at Coors Field. They have centerfield bleacher tickets called the Rock Pile for $4 each....once I get inside the ballpark I move to the expensive seats and buy some Rockies Dogs and some Coors beer. :drinkers: The Phils are gonna sweep the Rocks and be in 1st place by mid-April. :whistle:
thats cool. I got mets opening day tix for the 2nd year in a row. I have tix for: Apr 3rd vs wash, may 21 vs nyy, july 5 vs Pitt, July 24 vs the cubs, August 24 vs the cards, and sept 7 vs LA Dodgers. I wanted to get the tues/sat package but working on long island this year as opposed to a 15 minute subway ride in the city like last year, made it impossible. So i settled for the 6 game package and ill prob end up going to another handful before the year is out. :cooldude:

Brian Bannister has been pitching lights out all spring...has been perfect until he gave up 2 runs yesterday...that's brilliant. He will most likely be sent to the minors, but I hope he gets a chance to pitch for us thos year.

Rocky Raccoon said:
Brian Bannister has been pitching lights out all spring...has been perfect until he gave up 2 runs yesterday...that's brilliant. He will most likely be sent to the minors, but I hope he gets a chance to pitch for us thos year.

I'm sure he'll get his chance before the year is out. Especially with the health of Pedro and of course the Zambrano saga and the age/health of Glavine. What is the Mets rotation? Pedro, Glavine, Zambrano, Heliman and who? am I missing someone?

Now that Kaz Matsui is hurt, do the Met fans want Tony Graffinano playing a little 2nd base for them this year?

Ray Finkle said:
I'm sure he'll get his chance before the year is out. Especially with the health of Pedro and of course the Zambrano saga and the age/health of Glavine. What is the Mets rotation? Pedro, Glavine, Zambrano, Heliman and who? am I missing someone?

Now that Kaz Matsui is hurt, do the Met fans want Tony Graffinano playing a little 2nd base for them this year?

Steve Trachsel is the guy you were forgetting. And yes, I think we'll see Bannister or John Maine in the rotation at some point. Too much age to seriously believe everyone will make 30+ starts.

I wanted Graffanino playing 2nd even before Matsui got hurt; not because Graffanino is any great shakes, but Matsui sucks so badly it's not funny. If the Red Sox would part with him on the cheap, great, but I wouldn't give up much for him. In the interim, I would like to see Jeff Keppinger get a shot there. He's played well enough this spring to earn it.

phunwin said:
Steve Trachsel is the guy you were forgetting. And yes, I think we'll see Bannister or John Maine in the rotation at some point. Too much age to seriously believe everyone will make 30+ starts.

I wanted Graffanino playing 2nd even before Matsui got hurt; not because Graffanino is any great shakes, but Matsui sucks so badly it's not funny. If the Red Sox would part with him on the cheap, great, but I wouldn't give up much for him. In the interim, I would like to see Jeff Keppinger get a shot there. He's played well enough this spring to earn it.

Wow I can't believe I forgot about Trachsel.

Anyway I still think Soriano is going to be a Met by April 1st. The question is will Omar give up Milledge for him. Soriano isn't going to come cheap and he is a big liability in my opinion. Tony G is a very good utility guy and I hope the Sox keep him around because he was very good for them down the strench. I don't think the Sox would get a lot of value for him as some of the rumors are getting guys like Luis Matos back for him.

I read that Keppinger is really mad at the Mets right now. I heard that no one (F.O. or coaches) have really talked to him and explained his role with the team. He is having a nice spring and let's face it anyone in the MLB will probably hit better and play better D than Kaz.

Anderson Hernandez will be our second basemen. And he will be for the rest of the year, mark my words. Good fielder, very fast, and he will hit enough.

Ray Finkle said:
Wow I can't believe I forgot about Trachsel.

Anyway I still think Soriano is going to be a Met by April 1st. The question is will Omar give up Milledge for him. Soriano isn't going to come cheap and he is a big liability in my opinion. Tony G is a very good utility guy and I hope the Sox keep him around because he was very good for them down the strench. I don't think the Sox would get a lot of value for him as some of the rumors are getting guys like Luis Matos back for him.

I read that Keppinger is really mad at the Mets right now. I heard that no one (F.O. or coaches) have really talked to him and explained his role with the team. He is having a nice spring and let's face it anyone in the MLB will probably hit better and play better D than Kaz.
I hope to God that Sori isnt a met. His splits away from Arlington the last 2 years are downright UGLY! Hes a 230-240 hitter away from that park and now he wont even get half his games there.

Back
Top Bottom