The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread

MKeveny said:
BDD_JD_puma_ferr-1.jpg

:cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude:

Johnny traded in his chance to stay with the Sox for that and a few more toys. I hope its worth it Johnny, I can't wait to see some Coco Crisp in CF..

GreenMonster said:
Johnny traded in his chance to stay with the Sox for that and a few more toys. I hope its worth it Johnny, I can't wait to see some Coco Crisp in CF..

Hopefully he saved some of the money to hire a speech coach. I think a kid in the deepest part of the jungle in Africa could speak better and clearer English than Damon.

gee... not seeing a whole lot of intricate pontification about Yankee personnel here... what gives?

let's see more lineups, predictions and hails of undeniable greatness like we're used to seeing...

PressCoverage said:
gee... not seeing a whole lot of intricate pontification about Yankee personnel here... what gives?

let's see more lineups, predictions and hails of undeniable greatness like we're used to seeing...

PC is back to hail the greatest franchise in the history of American Sports. Welcome back! Let's get to ST first before we start to go gaga over this team. On paper it looks like the best team in the AL East and I'm confident we'll winanother AL East crown, it's way too early for me to make a postseason judgement though. How about you give us your in-depth analysis?

nyjunc said:
PC is back to hail the greatest franchise in the history of American Sports. Welcome back! Let's get to ST first before we start to go gaga over this team. On paper it looks like the best team in the AL East and I'm confident we'll winanother AL East crown, it's way too early for me to make a postseason judgement though. How about you give us your in-depth analysis?

I'm guessing you're happy with the off season moves? Was there any signings you didn't like, or loved?

Ray Finkle said:
I'm guessing you're happy with the off season moves? Was there any signings you didn't like, or loved?

Yeah I feel pretty good. I was worried w/ the Beckett move by you guys and the few big Met moves that george would go nuts and overpay for some players but luckily he didn't. We kept our young players, hurt a div rival and improved our lineup. I wanted a better defensive CF but damon at the top of that lineup makes it almost unstoppable and obviously weakens your lineup. I like what we did in the pen, I think Farnsworth gives us a ltitle toughness even if we can't count on him in october. I am concerned about the age at the top of the rotation and if wang and Chacon can be as good but overall I feel good and I am looking forward to the season. If we can get molina at the last minute I'll do cartwheels, Posada has been done for years and we need an upgrade.

nyjunc said:
Yeah I feel pretty good. I was worried w/ the Beckett move by you guys and the few big Met moves that george would go nuts and overpay for some players but luckily he didn't. We kept our young players, hurt a div rival and improved our lineup. I wanted a better defensive CF but damon at the top of that lineup makes it almost unstoppable and obviously weakens your lineup. I like what we did in the pen, I think Farnsworth gives us a ltitle toughness even if we can't count on him in october. I am concerned about the age at the top of the rotation and if wang and Chacon can be as good but overall I feel good and I am looking forward to the season. If we can get molina at the last minute I'll do cartwheels, Posada has been done for years and we need an upgrade.

I think Farnsworth is a very tough and nutty player, I'm very worried about him coming into a game and just drilling a Sox player, breaking a wrist or arm with one of his fastballs. Other than that I see Kyle Farnsworth as Steve Nebraska from the movie, "The Scout" minus the talent Nebraska had.

I think Damon leaving hurt the Sox because they didn't have a CFer (Adam Stern is our Bubba Crosby) and a lead off hitter. However I think getting Crisp was the perfect replacement for Damon.

I have to agree with you that I think the lineup is stacked. An All-Star at every position. They'll put up 1929 Yankee like hitting stats.

I think I'm one of the few Red Sox fans on the board that think Chacon is going to be a pretty good asset to the Yankees, however I think his best value is in the pen in the set up role. I don't think he's going to be as good of a starter this year than he was last year. I think the Dotel signing as a fantastic move for the Yankees, I wanted the Sox to get him. He's a high injury risk but for the money they got him and his upside it was a great move.

Hey if the Yankees want Molina, I'm sure that they can have him. I think there are major injury concerns with him as well as his high money demands that are making teams say away from him. Personally I hope he sits out a year just so the owners can show players that they're not willing to spend tons of money for players (but I know that is very wishful thinking).

I personally think the Yankees will win the East too. Their hitting is too good and they'll out hit teams and score tons of runs. I do however have to question the Yankee pitching staff as they're older now and big question marks with health (but again what team doesn't have those). I think it will be interesting to see how Pavano and Wright pitch this year. I do think losing Gordon is going to hurt the pen, especially if Dotel doesn't come back strong.

I think Farnsworth is a very tough and nutty player, I'm very worried about him coming into a game and just drilling a Sox player, breaking a wrist or arm with one of his fastballs.

I don't want him to injure player but our guys have been getting plunked by Bos pitcher's for years w/ little retaliation but at the very least farnsworth will give us a player who will protect his guys.

I think Damon leaving hurt the Sox because they didn't have a CFer (Adam Stern is our Bubba Crosby) and a lead off hitter. However I think getting Crisp was the perfect replacement for Damon.

crisp is ok but for a guy w/ such remendous speed he doesn't have alot of SBs and his OBP is alot lower than Damon's. You may get the better end of this deal in 2 years or so but for the near future we have it.

I have to agree with you that I think the lineup is stacked. An All-Star at every position. They'll put up 1929 Yankee like hitting stats.

now if our suppsoed MVP can only hit when it counts in october then we'll have a great chance.

personally think the Yankees will win the East too. Their hitting is too good and they'll out hit teams and score tons of runs. I do however have to question the Yankee pitching staff as they're older now and big question marks with health (but again what team doesn't have those). I think it will be interesting to see how Pavano and Wright pitch this year. I do think losing Gordon is going to hurt the pen, especially if Dotel doesn't come back strong.

the rotation is my biggest concern, losing Gordon hurts in the reg season but he cannot perform under postseason pressure and I couldn't take another year of him doing well in the reg season then sucking when it matters most.

i like the Dotel move too, low risk signing but he could be a jolt to the pen come the stretch drive.

nyjunc said:
I don't want him to injure player but our guys have been getting plunked by Bos pitcher's for years w/ little retaliation but at the very least farnsworth will give us a player who will protect his guys.

No arguements here.

nyjunc said:
crisp is ok but for a guy w/ such remendous speed he doesn't have alot of SBs and his OBP is alot lower than Damon's. You may get the better end of this deal in 2 years or so but for the near future we have it.

Well SBs aren't a big deal to the Red Sox. Damon had season with 30 or 40 SBs and when he came to the Sox they dropped into the 20s and 10s. Whether due to injuries or because Manny, Nomar, Ortiz etc hit behind him. Crisp is 26 and has pretty much the same numbers Damon did last year. I think he has big upside. Also I'm sure if the Sox think Crisp's running game is a problem they'd work on him with it?

I think the utlimate plan with Crisp is to have him play CF until Manny's contract is up and then move him to LF to make room for Jacoby Ellisbury who the Sox drafted in 2005 from Orgeon State.

nyjunc said:
now if our suppsoed MVP can only hit when it counts in october then we'll have a great chance.

:lol: I think Arod is more worried about what team he's going to play from in the WBC instead of hitting in the clutch.

nyjunc said:
the rotation is my biggest concern, losing Gordon hurts in the reg season but he cannot perform under postseason pressure and I couldn't take another year of him doing well in the reg season then sucking when it matters most.

i like the Dotel move too, low risk signing but he could be a jolt to the pen come the stretch drive.

Yeah Gordon was horrible in the playoffs, plus he was getting older. He's 39 now I believe. I don't blame the Yankees for trying to get younger, but I think they dropped the ball thinking Farnsworth could handle the pressure Gordon had.

Ray Finkle said:
:lol: I think Arod is more worried about what team he's going to play from in the WBC instead of hitting in the clutch

I loved his quote on Mike Kaye when asked how tough it was to decide.

Well I was born and raised in Miami, so I had to make sure I made the right choice.

Last I looked, Miami was in America?

PressCoverage said:

nyjunc said:
How about you give us your in-depth analysis?

well, hey nyjunc! i've missed you also!

unfortunately, my in-depth analysis wouldn't be very pretty for ya -- certainly not as overconfident as the George-worshippers are proclaiming... I have more respect for the intents of the thread than to smear your corporation here, unlike fans of our rivals who come to other message boards only to point out biased negatives...

but, we can take it outside it you like... :tongue:

PressCoverage said:
well, hey nyjunc! i've missed you also!

unfortunately, my in-depth analysis wouldn't be very pretty for ya -- certainly not as overconfident as the George-worshippers are proclaiming... I have more respect for the intents of the thread than to smear your corporation here, unlike fans of our rivals who come to other message boards only to point out biased negatives...

but, we can take it outside it you like... :tongue:

On MB's you are allowed to give honest opinions, positive or negative. I don't think it will ruin the thread if you have a negative post to what we've done this offseason so give it a shot and hopefully it's better than your argument on how we "bought" our latst dynasty:D

well, Mr. Burns DID buy it in 2000... you made a slightly plausible case for the 1996 team, at least for yankee fans. But the ones that followed? purchased in full...

Back
Top Bottom