The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Papelbon is nails. There's no closer in baseball not named Rivera and possibly K-Rod that I would hand the ball to every night with the game on the line. I admit I wanted Papelbon in the rotation very badly but tonight the decision to be closer has won me over. The guy was just dominate coming out of the pen and the Rangers had no chance.

Schilling looked good tonight so maybe his opening day start was just a one time deal with him. We need him along with Dice-K and Beckett.

Ortiz is back.

Watching the pregame stuff on NESN right now makes me pretty jealous I can't be there on opening day. I hadn't missed a Red Sox opening day at Fenway from 1993 to 2004. Stinks now that it's almost impossible to get tickets.

Anyway there's nothing better than a game at Fenway (opening day, playoff game or not), walking on Yawkey Way before the game eating the sausage and peppers and taking in everything. Can't wait for my first trip at Fenway in '07.

Big start for Beckett today, hopefully he builds off his last start in KC. Interesting to see which player gets the biggest cheer. My guess is either Papi, Matsuzaka or Papelbon.

Watching the pregame stuff on NESN right now makes me pretty jealous I can't be there on opening day. I hadn't missed a Red Sox opening day at Fenway from 1993 to 2004. Stinks now that it's almost impossible to get tickets.

Anyway there's nothing better than a game at Fenway (opening day, playoff game or not), walking on Yawkey Way before the game eating the sausage and peppers and taking in everything. Can't wait for my first trip at Fenway in '07.

Big start for Beckett today, hopefully he builds off his last start in KC. Interesting to see which player gets the biggest cheer. My guess is either Papi, Matsuzaka or Papelbon.

I would prolly say Matsuzaka, but i think Ortiz will be right up there

Great seeing Johnny Pesky out there. Whata baseball guy. The Sox really should retire the guy's number. It's a crime they haven't yet they should bend their retired number rule just for him.

The bats coming alive is great, but Beckett may finally be putting it together. I am thrilled after seeing Beckett's 1st couple of starts.

Not to take anything away from him but didn't he start very well last year also?

Yes he started off 3-0 last year with under 2.00 era, then got rocked in like 3 straight starts. This year is a little different, he is walking less people and throwing more breaking balls.

Boy it's great to see Fenway again. Good win today, bats came alive and Beckett looked extremely good today. If he finally gets it together the Sox along with Schilling and Matsuzaka will be very very tough to beat.

P.S. Nice of Donnelly and Guillen to wake up the Fenway crowd a bit.

hehe got to love Donnelly getting into it with Guillen :chuckle:

Yeah, Donnelly basically said it was because of Guillen calling out the entire 2004 Angels' pitching staff for not protecting him when he got hit.

Donnelly is a nut ball though and I love it.

Yeah, Donnelly basically said it was because of Guillen calling out the entire 2004 Angels' pitching staff for not protecting him when he got hit.

Donnelly is a nut ball though and I love it.

Yeah, Guillen hasnt had nice things to say about the Angels. He was the one who tipped off Robinson that Donnelly was using pine tar also.

Back
Top Bottom