The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Well, I was away for the weekend.. and all I gotta say is that I'm glad we took both of these games or I would have been accused of not showing up to FH when the Sox lose, again.

I've been getting on Crisp and Varitek for their struggles at the plate, but they have been instrumental in the wins this weekend.

I'm so excited to see Daisuke go tonight...

PS - How about that Yankee pen.. best in baseball my ***..

Well, I was away for the weekend.. and all I gotta say is that I'm glad we took both of these games or I would have been accused of not showing up to FH when the Sox lose, again.

I've been getting on Crisp and Varitek for their struggles at the plate, but they have been instrumental in the wins this weekend.

I'm so excited to see Daisuke go tonight...

PS - How about that Yankee pen.. best in baseball my ***..

:lol: for the first part.

I think everyone got on Crisp and Varitek and rightfully so. They were terrible so far this year and parts of last. IF Crisp can get back to where he was in '05 he'll be a huge lift to this team. I loved how he got those bunt singles, SB etc. Manufactured runs. That just puts pressure on teams when he's on base. He needs to keep it up though.

The Yankee pen isn't bad but it's far from the best in baseball. The problem is is that they have thrown so much so far in the first 15 games or so because their starters can get deep into games. Also Torre only trusts Visicano in the pen and made it obvious what he thinks of Farnsworth by going to Rivera in the 8th after he said he wouldn't do that in the spring. By October none of them will be able to wipe their butts or tie their shoes if that pace keeps up.

Let me be the first to welcome Chase Wright to the major leagues and also Fenway Park. Truly amazing! Thanks for the memories.

second pitcher in baseball history to allow back-to-back-to-back-to-back...

first ever to be taken so deep consecutively... absolute bombs!

what a night to be at fenway, because you witnessed something truly special...

Scott Proctor welcome to the game. 3 batters faced, 3 Runs. The bottom of are order is heating up now, if only Pedoria could start getting hot.

I know the Drew signing wasn't very popular and I'll admit I was happy with the money being thrown at him however I love the guy so far. He's everything the Sox needed the past 2 years, hitting behind Manny. And to think people during the off season where saying Trot Nixon was better than him. Whata joke. Nixon wouldn't even have been a factor in this game due to the lefty starting.

Another run or two would be nice now.

I know the Drew signing wasn't very popular and I'll admit I was happy with the money being thrown at him however I love the guy so far. He's everything the Sox needed the past 2 years, hitting behind Manny. And to think people during the off season where saying Trot Nixon was better than him. Whata joke. Nixon wouldn't even have been a factor in this game due to the lefty starting.

Another run or two would be nice now.

Trot who?

Man Drew has been great. He plays good D, can hit with the best of them, and even showed some speed tonight stealing a base. If he can stay healthy he is gonna fill up the stat sheet all year long. Imagine when Manny gets going..

Lets go Okajima. I hope they let him go the whole inning so Papelbon can just come in the 9th and throw gas.

Nice job with the 4 consecutive jacks against the Yankees....I sleep better when the Yanks get beat.

Back
Top Bottom