The Official 2007 Copa America thread | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Copa America thread

My hat is off to Brazil. They really do own us when it counts. We got schooled today. Time to go back to the drawing board for Argentina.:boohoo:

When you beat us playing in Mexico, then maybe we can talk, until then:

3rd best team in the continent:kick:

When you can beat us PERIOD, then you can MAYBE claim what you're claiming. :)

EDIT - Also, as I predicted before the game began ( and definately during the game), Argentinian All Time Cap Leader Roberto Ayala retired from international football. El Raton hung it up after 115 Caps. Nice career for him with the Albiceleste, but a terrible ending.

And winning the Gold Cup gets you more points by far than losing all three games in the group stage in Copa America. So, we already easily got net points there, even without the Confed Cup.

Brazil reclaims top spot in FIFA rankings from world champion Italy
The United States, which won the Gold Cup, moved up two places to No. 14. It could have been even higher but the American team lost three matches at Copa America.

As I said, you will have net points but if world standings are important:

Mexico lost to the US in the Gold Cup but did better in Copa America. They jumped 16 (!!!!!) spots. It proves my point that you do not have to win Copa America. A win over any South American team weights heavier than the entire Gold Cup.

Lates Rankings

When you can beat us PERIOD, then you can MAYBE claim what you're claiming. :)

EDIT - Also, as I predicted before the game began ( and definately during the game), Argentinian All Time Cap Leader Roberto Ayala retired from international football. El Raton hung it up after 115 Caps. Nice career for him with the Albiceleste, but a terrible ending.

When you beat us playing in Mexico, maybe we can talk, because we have beat you playing in the US

And #10 in the world:kick:

When you beat us playing in Mexico, maybe we can talk, because we have beat you playing in the US

And #10 in the world:kick:

It's coming my friend. You know why? Because we OWN you guys.

Brazil reclaims top spot in FIFA rankings from world champion Italy

As I said, you will have net points but if world standings are important:

Mexico lost to the US in the Gold Cup but did better in Copa America. They jumped 16 (!!!!!) spots. It proves my point that you do not have to win Copa America. A win over any South American team weights heavier than the entire Gold Cup.

Lates Rankings

FFiB, the analysis I gave still stands.

The question was never between sending A squads to both tournaments. The quesiton was whether we should send the A squad to EITHER the Gold Cup OR the Copa America. And we did the right thing because we would NOT have won the Copa America had we sent our A squad there and NOT to the Gold Cup.

Also, the analysis is by no means over. The US goes to the Confed Cup too where the games are highly weighted.

Either way, the analysis I gave is still correct. IF the US had to choose, we chose the right thing. Of course, the best would have been send the A squad to both tournaments, but that's beside the point.

Yeah in the US, try winning here in Mexico

In the U.S. where it is mostly PRO Mexican crowds most of the time. That Azteca **** don't phase us...because we put you to bed at night...because we are your DADDIES! :D

Back
Top Bottom