The Official "Bill Parcells, Don't Leave Thread" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official "Bill Parcells, Don't Leave Thread"

I thought the Dolphins should have done more to make sure Bill stays committed to this franchise. The ultimate move would have been to offer Bill a small percentage of the team ala Pat Riley. Had Huizenger done that, Bill would not, could not take a position with any other NFL club. Instead, he not only gave Parcells that ridiculous out clause, but he then sells the team only 2 months later which allows Bill to exercise that out clause. It just goes to show that Wayne Huizenger has been the biggest problem for the Miami Dolphins franchise the last 12 years.

Remember that Parcells can collect the entire remaining balance of his contract up front (not wait 3 years to collect it) and become a free agent immediately and sign an contract with another team for an additional $20+ million why would he not do that?

That's cold if he actually does that, but the organization should be at fault for putting that clause in the contract.

I thought the Dolphins should have done more to make sure Bill stays committed to this franchise. The ultimate move would have been to offer Bill a small percentage of the team ala Pat Riley. Had Huizenger done that, Bill would not, could not take a position with any other NFL club. Instead, he not only gave Parcells that ridiculous out clause, but he then sells the team only 2 months later which allows Bill to exercise that out clause. It just goes to show that Wayne Huizenger has been the biggest problem for the Miami Dolphins franchise the last 12 years.

"Hi-Zing-UH"

Well, the way I see it is that Wayne did what he had to do in order to get Parcells to come to Miami. He accomplished that. Parcells probably asked for an out clause and if that is what it took to get Bill here, then by god that is what needed to be done. As someone mentioned in another thread on this subject, it is very likely that Wayne, Ross and Parcells have already been talking about the current situation of the change of hands and Bill has been kept up to date on every move. I have no doubt that Wayne and Ross want to see Parcells stay and are taking every step in order to keep him here. I don't see Bill exercising the out clause.

Just in case he decides it might be a good idea, I've got us covered. :up: Who's with me?

Was I mad when JT and Zach decided to leave?...a little....

Will I be upset if the Tuna moves on?....a little.....

BUT.....NO person is bigger than the team. Last I checked Sparano and his coaching staff were running the plays, and I am sure Ireland made most of the personnel decisions. Parcells just gives the thumbs up and down.

Back
Top Bottom