The Official Draft Tim Tebow Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Draft Tim Tebow Thread

Ohhhh Nooooo,....Tim Tebow got hammered tonight and then his head snapped back whiplash style and he banged his head off of his own player's knee. Our future #1 pick was carted off the field making some detractors scream, "We want Clausen from Notre Dame." Roman is going to have to review Clausen Pickle to see if he is worth taking with our first pick....stayed tuned Dolphin's fans.

Tebow got exposed when he played against Monte Kiffin's defense. Tebow will fail as a QB in the NFL. Going up against Monte was a good test for Tebow, and while Tebow won the game he was horrible as a passer.

I don't post a lot of threads in the Draft Forum, but I think Tim Tebow is the guy we should draft in the first round of the 2010 Draft.

I think a lot of you Kiper/McShay types are not that big on Tebow, and say he is a product of the Gator's system, but you cannot argue with his toughness or intelligence.

Too many "experts" are looking for someone with a big arm like a Cutler or Flacco, but all too often these QB's don't have the smarts to win games as they are always trying to force passes. I think Flacco has now developed into a QB where he takes what the defense gives him.

The Dolphins have repeatedly been looking for their franchise QB since Dan Marino retired. The only two quarterbacks who have been close to competant have been Fiedler and Pennington, and I would not put either of them up there as an elite QB. You see what Matt Ryan has done with the Falcons, Joe Flacco with the Ravens, and now Sanchez with the Jets. These teams have their franchise QB and they don't have to waste picks on trying to bring in another QB.....like the Phins have done with three consecutive 2nd round picks (Beck, Henne and White).

Let's face it.....we have had nothing but short term stop gap QB's who are all far from franchise QB's. I know sometimes it takes a little patience to see if a QB will develop, but I think Henne and White are just going to be career backups.

By drafting Tim Tebow we would have a high character QB who will do everything he can to make this team a winner. Many QB's are ok with losing, but not Tebow. I think Miami will likely draft somewhere around the middle of the 2010 draft and if Tebow is still on the board, I think we have to take him. Then we can move Jake Long to the Right Tackle spot and start focusing on our other needs, like acquiring a #1 wide receiver.

It's hard to win in the NFL with mediocrity at the QB spot....you need a guy who is mentally sharp and physically fit, and to me Tim Tebow is the right fit.

DRAFT TIM TEBOW IN 2010

Move Jake Long to Right Tackle- what are you talking about?

Move Jake Long to Right Tackle- what are you talking about?

In case you hadn't noticed, Tebow is LEFT handed so if we drafted Tebow, why would we leave Jake Long at Left Tackle????? Long would be moved to Right Tackle. That's what I was talking about, but it will probably be a moot point as Henne look like our future QB.

:lol:
Tebow in the 1st as our franchise QB. Thanks, I needed that.
:lol:

Tebow hasn't been the same player since the concussion. At all.

My main interest in Tebow regards wether or not he deserves the massive criticism that he's received as a pro prospect the last couple of years. My feeling on that is no, he doesn't. That being said, I wouldn't say that he's lit it up this year, and from what I've seen this year he wasn't the same player for 3 games after the concussion. Do I think that the Dolphins would draft him? Probably not, because of the picks and time invested in the current 3 guys- but you never know. Parcells may have fallen in love with his play, toughness and intangibles. He took Pat White pretty high, so you never know. And Bellichick was apparently all over White' jock as well. It wouldn't shock me to see Belichick take him with a mid to late 1st. I think that he will go in the 1st, probably to Jax.

This year, especially after the concussion, he's just not as good- it happens, look at McCoy and probably Snead who both seem to be having off years. And yes, Harvin and Murphy are gone, too. Time will tell- he doesn't have the prettiest or quickest delivery out there- imo not nearly as bad as some make it out to be, though- but my guess is that Jon Gruden is right and the next offensive wave in the NFL will be the spread offense. That bodes well for Tebow.

note: 10:05 pm I just saw this in the new Florida Sprts Buzz:

A Dolphins executive told people that Miami has a high regard for Florida's Tim Tebow. But even if he slid to the Dolphins' first-round slot, it would be surprising if they drafted him after investing second-rounders in Chad Henne and White and trading a fifth-rounder for Tyler Thigpen.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1314639.html

I think if/when Tebow falls into the 3rd-4th round it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take him. No one knows the extent of Cobbs' injury and we could certainly use a capable fullback besides Polite to block for Brown and Williams. :chuckle:

I think if/when Tebow falls into the 3rd-4th round it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take him. No one knows the extent of Cobbs' injury and we could certainly use a capable fullback besides Polite to block for Brown and Williams. :chuckle:

We'll see what happens, I still think that he'll go in the 1st round.

OK, lots has changed since I posted this thread. When Pennington got hurt and Henne looked bad I was doubtful of Henne, but I think Henne is pretty solid and so drafting a QB is no longer a top priority. I would take McClain, the Crimson Tide LB, then the best WR we can find. I like Dez Bryant, so if McClain is off the board I think Bryant is someone we need to look at. After that we need a beast Nose Tackle.

Back
Top Bottom