The Ogunleye trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ogunleye trade

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Hi Im new to posting on this site, just registered today but have been reading the posts for a while.Latley though ive been reading stuff tht i really wanted to put input into so i got un-lazy. Neways, I wanted to get ur guys oppinion on the subject. If we do end up trading Ogunleye to the Jags, what can we realistically respect in return?And also who do you think would be Wale's replacement as DE? I was thinking a 2nd round pik and Tony Brackens for Ogunleye, sounds resonable to me.What do u guys think?

I don't know who's their RG and a 2nd sounds cool, but a 1st would be better. David Bowens would start at DE if Ogun is traded. I firmly beleive that. btw, welcome aboard.

If we made the move, I feel like there needs to be an O-lineman of starting caliber involved. Granted, this would involve us actually signing him w/ Jax's terms first, then successfully making the trade.

FinFan24 said:
Hi Im new to posting on this site, just registered today but have been reading the posts for a while.Latley though ive been reading stuff tht i really wanted to put input into so i got un-lazy. Neways, I wanted to get ur guys oppinion on the subject. If we do end up trading Ogunleye to the Jags, what can we realistically respect in return?And also who do you think would be Wale's replacement as DE? I was thinking a 2nd round pik and Tony Brackens for Ogunleye, sounds resonable to me.What do u guys think?

If this gets to be like a cancer and spreads and starts affecting players then screw it trade him for wut we can get... yours sounds pretty good too me!

No trades will happen until the end of July. They will continue to work out a long-term deal with him. If it doesn't happen by July 31st(first day of Camp), I think they will start to shop him around, probably to Jacksonville.

no deal

Unfortunately I don't think they will reach a deal. Rosenhaus wants them to give away a huge signing bonus. The same type bonus that UFAs get from teams trying to fill a specific need. The dolphins don't want to pay him an enormous signing bonus because he's not a UFA yet. Bottom line is Miami is trying to do things the way they normally are done, restricted free agents do not get bonuses like that. Rosenhaus is greedy and wants to get Wally paid like he's completely out on the market already. I hope I'm wrong and they work out a deal thought, I just don't see Spielman giving in and paying him that much money, the rest of their defense is just too good, they can do without him.

I think they'll work something out just fine. Both sides want too badly.

If we were to trade him, I think it would definitely be for a 2005 pick and perhaps a non-star player. Probably just a pick(s). Trades just don't happen much in the NFL. The salary cap makes sure of that.

I say screw Jacksonville. I am of the oponion that Jack Del Rio Has it in for Miami, Because they cut him. The reason I say so is because he wouldn't even let the Fins talk to Mark Brunell.

Trade him to the lakers for shaq, shaq would be a bulldozer at RG :goof:

Welcome to the site. And your trade sounds better than an empty spot on the bench come the first ten games of the season. Besides, we'll need a second round draft pick, we traded ours for a back-up.

we woupld have to be crazy to give him to the jets and david bowens will start in his place;)

we woupld have to be crazy to give him to the jets and david bowens will start in his place;)
I agree, no way we trade tht guy in the division for pracitcally nething. I do belive David Bowens would be fine to start, but if my trade was to go down i would feel more comfortable with Tony Brackens starting and David Bowens as an insurance. Im not sure if Jax has ne O-Linemen of starter quality tht theyd trade, thts y i thot maybe brackens. Kinda like the Keyshawn-Galloway trade, to of the same position each team would like to get rid of there own for a quility other.

With the Leonard Little situation, maybe the Rams could be interested in him. However, it would likely be only a draft pick(s) deal because they really don't have anyone, at a position Miami needs, to trade.

Clumpy, who are the Rams DE's Leonard and who? Also do u think the Bills would show interest(just hypothetical, i doubt the Phins would trade in division, but who knows)??

Back
Top Bottom