The Ogunleye trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ogunleye trade

FinFan24 said:
I agree, no way we trade tht guy in the division for pracitcally nething. I do belive David Bowens would be fine to start, but if my trade was to go down i would feel more comfortable with Tony Brackens starting and David Bowens as an insurance. Im not sure if Jax has ne O-Linemen of starter quality tht theyd trade, thts y i thot maybe brackens. Kinda like the Keyshawn-Galloway trade, to of the same position each team would like to get rid of there own for a quility other.

I don't know but looking at the Jags line IMO it would have to be for a tackle. They have Sammy Williams 7yr player, Mike Pearson 3 yr player, Maurice Williams 4 yr player, Epharim Salaam 7 yr player. Marques Ogden 2 yr player and Sean Bubin who is a rookie. Marques Ogden can also play guard. I don't know or Guard. They have Konrad Dean 2 yr player, Joe Tate Rookie, Chris Naeole 8 yr palyer, Vince Manuai 2 yr player who they love, Derrick Fletcher 4 yr player and Mike Compton 12 yr player. Starting lineup is probably like this:

T Sammy Williams
T Epharim Salaam
C Brad Meester
G Chris Naeole
G Vince Manuai

so pick from the rest. I know the paper here in Jax said they would be monitoring Miami's negotiations closely.

Muck said:
I think they'll work something out just fine. Both sides want too badly.

If we were to trade him, I think it would definitely be for a 2005 pick and perhaps a non-star player. Probably just a pick(s). Trades just don't happen much in the NFL. The salary cap makes sure of that.
I like "O" , Muck, Im just not sure though, I think this thing is getting pretty hot honestly, and although I do like "O", I just dont think we should break the bank for him. Im beginning to think we arent going to work this out with him ! But heres hoping your right, as long as we dont go overboard, I would love to keep him !

Keep him at the right price...other then that make him sit the entire year. Let's see how much he gets after not playing football for a year and a half.

I would trade Ogunleye for Manuwai + conditional 2005 draft pick (maybe a 3rd depending on sacks).

Manuwai could start for us at RG and would complete an awesome young line.

Ogunleye would only sit on the bench costing us money

We've gotta get something for him.

FinFan24 said:
Clumpy, who are the Rams DE's Leonard and who? Also do u think the Bills would show interest(just hypothetical, i doubt the Phins would trade in division, but who knows)??

1) No interest at Miami's asking price

2) Bills have some FA concerns on the DL

3) Bills do not have a #1 in 05

4) Division rival

Too many hurdles

FinFan24 said:
Hi Im new to posting on this site, just registered today but have been reading the posts for a while.Latley though ive been reading stuff tht i really wanted to put input into so i got un-lazy. Neways, I wanted to get ur guys oppinion on the subject. If we do end up trading Ogunleye to the Jags, what can we realistically respect in return?And also who do you think would be Wale's replacement as DE? I was thinking a 2nd round pik and Tony Brackens for Ogunleye, sounds resonable to me.What do u guys think?

I wasn't aware of any pending trade. Where'd you get that from??

finsnchips said:
I would trade Ogunleye for Manuwai + conditional 2005 draft pick (maybe a 3rd depending on sacks).

Manuwai could start for us at RG and would complete an awesome young line.

Ogunleye would only sit on the bench costing us money

We've gotta get something for him.

Cross that out Del Rio likes Manuwai to much not a chance.

That Derrick Fletcher G 4 yr guy 6-6 350 don't know much about his attributes but he sure is big. Don't think he is worth Ogun but sure is big.

I like Ogun but the fact is we cannot afford to sign him for big bucks if it means we cannot add quality players at another position.As Pats have proved it is smarter to trade for some draft picks when a player gets too expensive if you have adequate depth which we do at that position.And its about time we started to accumulate draft picks for our future.

However Jay is too expensive of a cap hit for a backup QB.

I'd LOVE to get ahold of Manuwai (doubt Del Rio will let him go, but w/e) and a midround pick, that'd be a good deal. What I dont get though is why JAX is pursuing him. They already have Brackens (a solid DE) who they just re-signed and have Douglas on the other side who they invested a ton of $$$ in. If they trade for him then great, I'm just not sure why they're making a run at another big-name (and big $$$) DE.

Because basicly brackens will be done soon. Douglas has not shown sqwat down there.

Manuwai...hahaha...possibly the league's best young guard...no way they trade him.

That Jags O-line is freakin awesome. What I wouldn't do to have it...

Maybe we can trade with Orlando and get Okafor. He would probably block a few extra point attempts by other teams.

Back
Top Bottom