The Ogunleye trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ogunleye trade

If Jacksonville called me up and offered a 2005 first round pick for Ogunleye, I would do it in a heartbeat...not least because I have no connection with the team nor do I hold the rights to Wale and I think I could pawn the first round pick off for some coke money.

But seriously, Jacksonville has a crap roster, a 2nd year coach, and a 2nd year QB. They won't win more than 7 games. Getting a first round pick from them is like a guaranteed top 10 pick, maybe even top 5, and a serious shot at #1 overall (though the Chargers, 49ers, and Bears could give them a serious run for that title...)

how about garrard ( not sure of spelling )very good qb and a 2nd or 3rd rounder ... yes i know garrard is hurt but he's got a cannon of an arm and he can run , i say he'd be perfect for next year , get rid of fiedler and have feely and garrard fight it out to be the starter next year.

and since the redskins are interested why not maybe try and get ramsey and a 2nd or 3rd i wouldn't mind that at all either .

I say trade him to Washington for Patrick Ramsey...then unload Fiedler and let Feeley and Ramsey battle it out for the starting QB job.

ckparrothead said:
If Jacksonville called me up and offered a 2005 first round pick for Ogunleye, I would do it in a heartbeat...not least because I have no connection with the team nor do I hold the rights to Wale and I think I could pawn the first round pick off for some coke money.

But seriously, Jacksonville has a crap roster, a 2nd year coach, and a 2nd year QB. They won't win more than 7 games. Getting a first round pick from them is like a guaranteed top 10 pick, maybe even top 5, and a serious shot at #1 overall (though the Chargers, 49ers, and Bears could give them a serious run for that title...)

I would do that also but I doubt seriously that will get any first rnd offers for him. Chicago only wanted to swap 1sts for him and not trade it. my thinking now is that we would be lucky to get a 2nd for him at best.

phinphanbill said:
I say trade him to Washington for Patrick Ramsey...then unload Fiedler and let Feeley and Ramsey battle it out for the starting QB job.

this would scare me. Then you have two guys who dont know the lingo. not very wise, unless you wanted to lose 10 games and get rid of wanny and get a good pick next year.

Back
Top Bottom