The one thing that concerns me about Jordan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The one thing that concerns me about Jordan

BINGO we have a winner......Outstanding points.......it seems that very few if ANY other people on this board know that he played injured after the Colorado game. There are even people who ONLY refer to the USC game and then say he's no good (that's pure crazy talk), I think Dion Jordan is going to be good, really good, but I also believe that he is going to need full year in an NFL weight room

Those same people who overlooked his injury, like Gruden and others, didn't seem to take it into account when making their analysis; and in turn blasted the pick. I've been nervous about Jordan, but, am no fool not to realize how good he could be, if utilized correctly. Until than I remain nervously optimistic.

I cant beleive people have serious issues with him being a DE. Jason Taylor was straight up a DE at 240 day one in a 4-3. This kid is 250.

I remember when Taylor came out as a late 3rd round. It raised eyebrows because he was from Akron and everyone in creation knew he was raw. That it would be a couple of years until he blossomed. Well, he blossomed and it took about the length of time they thought it would.

So it has been proven that you can have a body type like this and be successful in a 4-3.

So Mayock and others said they wonder how he will work in our system, then the next thing Mayock says he reminds him mostly of Jason Taylor. Well, Taylor played in 4-3 most his career. Its not rocket science and our coaching staff has already thought about this and he will eventually be able to transition to a 3-4 defense like JT did as well because of his body type and ability.

only one thing. Jordan comes from a bigger program in Oregon, so the rawness is not something to worry about. And JT didnt have a guy like Wake around when he came in. Very avg. guys I recall. This kid is coming into a ripe situation. I see this kid hitting the weight room in a hurry like every one else and he will be looking at Wake's six pack abs and will be motivated. The kid is going to shine and Coyle will use him as a DE.

Why? Because its much easier to do first year in the NFL. He will likely be used on DL for ST's to block kicks. Something him and Vernon will excell at.

I cant beleive people have serious issues with him being a DE. Jason Taylor was straight up a DE at 240 day one in a 4-3. This kid is 250.

I remember when Taylor came out as a late 3rd round. It raised eyebrows because he was from Akron and everyone in creation knew he was raw. That it would be a couple of years until he blossomed. Well, he blossomed and it took about the length of time they thought it would.

So it has been proven that you can have a body type like this and be successful in a 4-3.

So Mayock and others said they wonder how he will work in our system, then the next thing Mayock says he reminds him mostly of Jason Taylor. Well, Taylor played in 4-3 most his career. Its not rocket science and our coaching staff has already thought about this and he will eventually be able to transition to a 3-4 defense like JT did as well because of his body type and ability.

only one thing. Jordan comes from a bigger program in Oregon, so the rawness is not something to worry about. And JT didnt have a guy like Wake around when he came in. Very avg. guys I recall. This kid is coming into a ripe situation. I see this kid hitting the weight room in a hurry like every one else and he will be looking at Wake's six pack abs and will be motivated. The kid is going to shine and Coyle will use him as a DE.

Why? Because its much easier to do first year in the NFL. He will likely be used on DL for ST's to block kicks. Something him and Vernon will excell at.

I am not listening to Mayock so my impression is just what I see -> i have no prob with Mayock

My overall point is it doesn't matter whether DE or OLB -> he is going to be on the field 3 downs guaranteed -> he is behind because of injury -> in the near future i see a hybrid OLB rushing off the edge but also good in space, containing the mobile QB going balls to the wall to clobber Manning and Brady.

I can telll you from experience the rotator cuff recovery is not something you just hit the weights with right off the hop -> but he will be a monster

I'm not as worried about this, depending on his position. If he's asked to be a base defensive end then I might worry a little more. But if he's played correctly, he'll be fine.

He's a lot more savvy with blockers coming out to him in run blocking than when he has to go to them in pass rush. Someone said it best when you've got a tall wiry guy like this either they're too light on their feet and easily moves, or they're a lot stronger and tougher than you'd have thought. He's more the latter.

Stopping the run from his position as an OLB was never my concern about him.
especially with our beast dl's
taking up blockers. he should be taking on fullbacks or tight ends, which won't really be fair.

Back
Top Bottom