The Patriots have Fumbled the ball far less than Anybody Since 2000............... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Patriots have Fumbled the ball far less than Anybody Since 2000...............

ok, so in this thread you think there is clearly a disadvantage to a more deflated ball. but in the 11 of 12 pats footballs thread, you said this:

Pretty much showing how little this affects a throw. So where's the disadvantage? Need to learn how to keep your stories straight. and besides, there's more to a deflated ball than passing. like reduced fumbles...
I'm sorry I'm not following you. There are disadvantages to a deflated ball. You asked me if I talked about one of the disadvantages being a slower ball. There is but its minimal based on the numbers provided.

What's your point? That I don't reiterate minimal in each post?

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly you guys are not holding to the word of analysts that are paid to give their opinion by a network known to pay their analysts to take a position on an issue are you?

Now comes word that it may not be what was initially reported. Surprise, surprise.
Video is "smokining" gun - until god-dell torches it

This is big by the court of public opinion

I'm sorry I'm not following you. There are disadvantages to a deflated ball. You asked me if I talked about one of the disadvantages being a slower ball. There is but its minimal based on the numbers provided.

What's your point? That I don't reiterate minimal in each post?

yeah, pretty much. when people say there are advantages, you blow them off as nothing. but when you find something that shows it's a disadvantage, you make it seem like a huge deal. truth of the matter is, the advantage and/or disadvantages are minimal when passing the ball. I think it's clear that there are more reasons to deflate a ball. Main point though, is that it's AGAINST THE RULES. No matter the advantage or disadvantage.

This makes sense for the first time why Brady has taken below market contracts for the Patriots! They are cheating and act like a team of morally sound humble pie teammates. This is BS, they need to pay for this, but they won't.

Video is "smokining" gun - until god-dell torches it

This is big by the court of public opinion
Of course it's big. We love scandal. It sells at the news stand. But what if the guy had to take a leak before going on the field?

He may can but like I said there are advantages and disadvantages.
Main advantage better grip, disadvantage deep balls.

The simple fact is, they wouldn't go through the trouble and the risk of deflating the balls if it didn't provide an advantage, so I don't really see what the point of your argument is. They clearly broke a rule in order to gain an advantage over an opponent, a.k.a. cheating and there is certainly no reason to believe it was their first time. Further, it's a team with a history of cheating and skirting the rules. I don't see any reason to attempt to deflate the issue.

Of course it's big. We love scandal. It sells at the news stand. But what if the guy had to take a leak before going on the field?

Sounds like that's exactly what he did, in a manner of speaking. :lol:

The reason he went to the washroom - It was his first time toting the forbidden fruit - his "nerves" got the best of him - if you believe that.......

I don't even believe the "movie" isn't contrived -

BKat9c7-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Regardless of apologies, internal science, advantages, disadvantages, ect ect.

The New England Patriots were found, once asked by the Indianapolis Colts to have the balls checked (because they were tipped off by the Baltimore Ravens), they were found to have 11 0f 12 footballs to be underinflated by a significant amount.

That means, regardless of whether anyone was caught doing anything to the balls, the New England Patriots are guilty of having 11 of 12 balls underinflated.

I think most of us can figure out why the 12 one was not.

Bottom line. New England will have to play with new balls not regulated by them or biased officials. Officials were caught because they were promted to by the Indy Colts.

So every team now, should the rules stay the same, and they wont, should have Tom's balls checked before every game.

Regardless of apologies, internal science, advantages, disadvantages, ect ect.

The New England Patriots were found, once asked by the Indianapolis Colts to have the balls checked (because they were tipped off by the Baltimore Ravens), they were found to have 11 0f 12 footballs to be underinflated by a significant amount.

That means, regardless of whether anyone was caught doing anything to the balls, the New England Patriots are guilty of having 11 of 12 balls underinflated.

I think most of us can figure out why the 12 one was not.

Bottom line. New England will have to play with new balls not regulated by them or biased officials. Officials were caught because they were promted to by the Indy Colts.

So every team now, should the rules stay the same, and they wont, should have Tom's balls checked before every game.

Thats a ****ty job...checking Bradys balls.

maybe the best we can hope for is going back to one set of footballs used by both teams.

Or they need to hire/have an official on each sideline that is responsible for handling the game balls. Once the footballs have been inflated to the proper specs, each teams approved footballs are turned over to the sideline official who will then be the go between with the officials on the field.

Back
Top Bottom